Who would win?

The Blue Spirit 0.59633027522936 59.6% [ 65 ]
Amon 0.40366972477064 40.4% [ 44 ]
Total Votes:[ 109 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Greedy Capitalist

Elementalkin
iKarnezar
Seeing as how the Blue Spirit doesn't Firebend, it's pointless to take away his bending. You're better off taking away his broadswords if Amon loses his bending.

So in a hand-to-hand match, Amon would definitely win. While the Blue Spirit is very athletic, nimble and flexible, he's not very big on physical attacks with his own body, as far as punching and kicking. Amon trained his Chi-blockers, so he'd win for sure.

The Blue Spirit is allowed his dual dao blades because they are his primary means of attack. I took Amon's ability to bloodbend away because, obviously, that's an unfair advantage. It may seem unfair for one opponent to be armed, and one not to be, but as some have pointed out, Amon may be fast enough to dodge the Blue Spirit's melee attacks since he was able to dodge lightning at close range (though bloodbending may have been used then for an advantage). And don't forget, chi-blocking isn't inherently about taking an opponents bending away, it paralyzes their muscles. So, I think Amon is quite capable of taking on an armed opponent.

While the Blue Spirit's primary means of attack are dual dao blades, Amon's primary means is Bloodbending.

But if he were allowed his blades, the Blue Spirit would win. Amon is quite agile but he's not as flexible as someone like Ty Lee. Amon is still a bit stiff with his dodging and weaving, so he wouldn't be able to dodge the Blue Spirit's swords and attack his pressure points the same way Ty Lee managed to dodge Katara's water and take her down in "Return to Omashu."
I would think the Blue Spirit would win because, face it, Amon is cool and all, but without his blood bending he has to use water.
iKarnezar
Elementalkin
iKarnezar
Seeing as how the Blue Spirit doesn't Firebend, it's pointless to take away his bending. You're better off taking away his broadswords if Amon loses his bending.

So in a hand-to-hand match, Amon would definitely win. While the Blue Spirit is very athletic, nimble and flexible, he's not very big on physical attacks with his own body, as far as punching and kicking. Amon trained his Chi-blockers, so he'd win for sure.

The Blue Spirit is allowed his dual dao blades because they are his primary means of attack. I took Amon's ability to bloodbend away because, obviously, that's an unfair advantage. It may seem unfair for one opponent to be armed, and one not to be, but as some have pointed out, Amon may be fast enough to dodge the Blue Spirit's melee attacks since he was able to dodge lightning at close range (though bloodbending may have been used then for an advantage). And don't forget, chi-blocking isn't inherently about taking an opponents bending away, it paralyzes their muscles. So, I think Amon is quite capable of taking on an armed opponent.

While the Blue Spirit's primary means of attack are dual dao blades, Amon's primary means is Bloodbending.

But if he were allowed his blades, the Blue Spirit would win. Amon is quite agile but he's not as flexible as someone like Ty Lee. Amon is still a bit stiff with his dodging and weaving, so he wouldn't be able to dodge the Blue Spirit's swords and attack his pressure points the same way Ty Lee managed to dodge Katara's water and take her down in "Return to Omashu."

I don't agree with that, though. Amon only used bloodbending to take the bending of others away, and allegedly used subtle amounts of it to gain the upper hand against his opponents (like Lightning Bolt Zolt, perhaps). It wasn't until he thought he was alone that he used it full force against Korra and Mako, and against the Lieutenant when he caught him.
Ryu Beifong
I would think the Blue Spirit would win because, face it, Amon is cool and all, but without his blood bending he has to use water.

I took away his waterbending, and thereby, his bloodbending. His martial ability, coupled with his chiblocking, is being pitted against the Blue Spirit's dual dao swords.

IRL Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
It's possible for the blue spirit to win you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
olive17
Well, Amon usually manipulated the people he was fighting with bloodbending, right? So with no bending allowed, I like to think that the Blue Spirit would win. Since he is an absolute ninja and all.

EXACTLY. You took the words from my mouth smile
Tanner Eliza Connor
It's possible for the blue spirit to win you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT, AHHHH! neutral
blue spirit definetly
If Amon could capture Tenzin and Lin, and defeat Lightning Bolt Zolt than why couldn't he defeat a 14 year old Zuko?
How is this a good question?
cristeal
If Amon could capture Tenzin and Lin, and defeat Lightning Bolt Zolt than why couldn't he defeat a 14 year old Zuko?
How is this a good question?

1. It would be a one on one duel, with no pre-planning for either of them (meaning no ambushing).
2. Lin risked herself for Tenzin and Korra, but was electrocuted while sabotaging the second airship, which lead to her capture - it wasn't really Amon's doing.
3. Amon's defeat of Lightning Bolt Zolt could be an example of his impressive agility, but it's theorized that he used bloodbending to manipulate Zolt's movements. If that's true, then Amon is slower than he appeared (remember, bloodbending is off the table in this hypothetical duel).
4. I believe Zuko was 16 years old. blaugh

I think this is the good question because both are enigmatic anti-heroes/antagonists, and iconic looking characters of their respective series (or even just in general for that matter). I also think that, with Amon's bloodbending gone, it forces people to consider just how formidable is he without it. He was skilled in martial combat, and was trained in the art of chi-blocking, which is something he taught to the chi-blockers he commanded, but is that enough to take down a dual blade wielding ninja, who we know for certain is very agile?

I also thought this was a good question compared to the 'WHO DO YOU SHIP?' and 'WHAT ELEMENT WOULD YOU BEND?' threads that were, at least at the time, cluttering up the forum. I'm not getting as many in-depth responses like I wanted, but I'm happy with the result so far. If nothing else, the banner is pretty wicked looking. wink

Generous Trader

12,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Blue spirit would win. But then everything would change when the fire nation attacks. biggrin

Quotable Genius

Amon could take down five blue spirits without breaking a sweat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff