Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

It's quite amazing to me, watching all the hate that's going on about the show. Simply because of the personality of one character (sure the main character, nonetheless that's almost irrelevant).
If you're committed to dedicating your love for the 1st series and despising this sheerly because of Korra's personality, keep in mind that Aang was not the same little 112 year old boy he was in the beginning of the series.
It's only 3 episodes into the series, lets avoid being so dismissive of a character who's obviously going to undergo massive character change as she begins coming into her own as the avatar.
There's a good number of plots presented in the show so far, of course Amon is the main plot.

So please, don't be so caught up in the nostalgia and your love for the 1st series to the point where you opt to dismiss the show as a result.

Discuss:
What is wrong with everyone today, quite irritable

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
I honestly love the show, plot, and new characters. I feel a better connection to Korra as a character, then I ever did with Aang. I don't know what's wrong with people, Nostalgia goggles are on too tight, I suppose.
I don't get it. I LOVED the first series. Freakin' LOVED it! It's one of my all-time favorite animated shows. I hated for it to end and was sad when it did. I was thrilled to find out about the new show and already love it. The animation is gorgeous and you can tell the quality has improved from the already impressive animation of ATLA. Plus, it's awesome that the characters are older and the tone is darker and more mature, and I just know that it will continue to show us ties to ATLA. smile

Interesting Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
What did I expect? Nothing and that's why I am not complaining, because I am surely not on bias for expectations when I had none.

Popular Pirate

I almost didn't watch it, to be honest.
But when I did, it was best thing I've seen since ATLA.

Hunter

I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't do much research on the series before I watched it. After I heard the whole series takes place in one city I was a bit wary though just because I had a flashback of Dragon Age 2 but it's fitting. I'm pleasantly surprised. They're doing a good job so far.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff