Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reader count?

+1 1 100.0% [ 44 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
1 2 3 >

Dangerous Visionary

During Aang Time or at least Book one this is what the Northern Water Tribe looked like:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A freaking ice wonderland that kept out the fire nation and everything. It was one of the more modern looking cities for its time. Now fast forward to the LOK version when Notak and Trollock are growing up its looks much like the Southern Water tribe barren landscape and void of any of the previous buildings....

What happened? Why are you in a tent when you had buildings and such?

Now on Tumblr people are saying that it just branch out and that there was more than just the capital part and I guess that make sense but still... seems to me they would been even more advanced after the war.
It is proably because people are spread out more. I don't think Yakone would have moved into a city, there would be a greater chance of people stumbling onto his bloodbending lessons. I also think that maybe they didn't have enough waterbenders to keep the city maintained. With new things like Republic City, the White Lotus, and the United Forces springing up waterbenders have most likely migrated to other places and have not stayed at the North Pole.

Dangerous Visionary

Meline Moon
It is proably because people are spread out more. I don't think Yakone would have moved into a city, there would be a greater chance of people stumbling onto his bloodbending lessons. I also think that maybe they didn't have enough waterbenders to keep the city maintained. With new things like Republic City, the White Lotus, and the United Forces springing up waterbenders have most likely migrated to other places and have not stayed at the North Pole.

Yeah that's true. I can see a massive movement to the other nations and such after the war. I also read a theory of how they just simply went back to their roots after the war as they didn't need a big wall and such if the fire nation wasn't in attack mode anymore. Still thought its crazy how the designs are totally different.

Dangerous Visionary

Any more ideas or theories?

Devoted Explorer

Maybe theres a possibility that he wasnt at the north close exactly, but somewhere along the way. I think the waterbenders could've sniffed him out easily if he lived with a very advanced society.
I must have missed the part where he said Northern water tribe because I was sure they'd come from the Southern tribe xD

Dangerous Visionary

axisofsymmetry
I must have missed the part where he said Northern water tribe because I was sure they'd come from the Southern tribe xD

Yeah Yukone ran off to the NWT not southern. Which would have been really bad considering that's where Sokka and Katara were from and probably still lived. Epic villain fail had he done that. Though yes many people were confused because of how different things looked.

Dangerous Visionary

Janeshie
Well, I know the Southern Water Tribe was made up of a bunch of tiny villages.. maybe the Northern Water Tribe had some, too.

I think the place where Noatak and Tarlok grew up was seperate village, away from the city.
The Northern Water Tribe's city was too pretty just to get rid of sad

IKR! I love the Northern Water Tribe design so much so when I saw that flashback I was like WTF happened? Did the Fire nation attack again or did everyone leave to go to the southern tribe? So many questions filled my head. Also yeah seems like their evil dad would keep a low profile and stick to the outback part of the nation.

Dangerous Visionary

DimiDizy6d
Maybe theres a possibility that he wasnt at the north close exactly, but somewhere along the way. I think the waterbenders could've sniffed him out easily if he lived with a very advanced society.

True very true.
Miss-dark8607
axisofsymmetry

Yeah Yukone ran off to the NWT not southern. Which would have been really bad considering that's where Sokka and Katara were from and probably still lived. Epic villain fail had he done that. Though yes many people were confused because of how different things looked.

Yeah although then again they probably lived in Republic City.
But yeah I'm just gonna have to watch it again. xD

Dangerous Visionary

axisofsymmetry
Miss-dark8607
axisofsymmetry

Yeah although then again they probably lived in Republic City.
But yeah I'm just gonna have to watch it again. xD

TBH can't really see the old gang settling down to any one spot. Seems like they traveled till they died or got too up in age. Though according to the Nick game Katara still would visit Tenzin and his children and Former Fire Lord Zuko also still travels so yeah. They were all just rolling stones

Super Businesswoman

7,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
GLOBAL WARMING EVERYWHERE

Dangerous Lunatic

Ha, ha, Trollock xD

Sorry I laughed.

Anyway! I do find it odd that the Northern Water tribe looks exactly like the south. Even it is an offshoot village from the main city, one would think that it would still like slightly different. They should have made it so that Noatak and Tarzan-I mean Tarrlok, grew up in the Southern Water tribe. Would have made things fairly close to home which would be an interesting twist.

Beloved Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Pet Lover 100
I want the old one back! Its more beautiful!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff