Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
GhostlyMark
Soliane
The thing is, Korra doesn't know about the consequence of opening both portals, Jinora does. Jinora went in that library, not Korra. Korra couldn't make a decision concerning the fate of the world if She didn't even know the real impacts of it. =/

I think she does, didn't Wan's story tell her that?

She knew she had to close the portals, but she didn't know all the details and that information Jinora got from the book. Or my memory is playing tricks on me =P
Don't forget that Korra still has time to close the portals. If she came in from one of the poles she could have her bending and trash Unalaq.
GhostlyMark

at this point, people just wanna hate Korra

i mean it was understandable in Book 1 and the first half of Book 2 but she calmed down and is ******** learning....she hasn't annoyed me for about 3 episodes now

Pretty much this.

Though her teenage angst was really grinding on my nerves, she finally got a cold slap of reality and hopefully she'll get her sh*t together before it's too late to save everyone.

Premium Gaian

Ho0nestly people...Isn't it obvious as to what's going to happen?

They're going to have her fight Vahtu, and probably have it end the same way the fight between Wan and Vahtu did. Or put a spin on it, and have Korra make the ultimate sacrifice to finally balance things, by somehow releasing Rahva from her body, thus ending the avatar cycle, and putting the spiritual world and the material world in perfect balance once again. Which will end the series
I think if Jinora's life was truly in danger she'd save herself or something would happen. Jinora is definitely turning out to be a lot more interesting with her deep rooted connection to spirituality and what happened with the Avatar statues in the Air Temple. Korra is exactly like Wan, which is disappointing to me, he caused the problem which led to him becoming the Avatar and she's doing the same thing but is already the Avatar.

Quote:
Ho0nestly people...Isn't it obvious as to what's going to happen?

They're going to have her fight Vahtu, and probably have it end the same way the fight between Wan and Vahtu did. Or put a spin on it, and have Korra make the ultimate sacrifice to finally balance things, by somehow releasing Rahva from her body, thus ending the avatar cycle, and putting the spiritual world and the material world in perfect balance once again. Which will end the series

Exactly, Korra is sort of reliving Wan's life which is why it was important for her to know about him, the terrible thing is was it was too late and the damage already done. Its disappointing me really, all the other avatars had their own lives and perils but Korra is just dealing with Wan's really, give or take a few people. If Korra could somehow speak to Rava, that would be more interesting.

Romantic Dabbler

11,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
Klaark
Well, if she hadn't opened it I'm not sure how the plot would move forward. And it's not like her uncle hasn't been playing her like a fiddle for the entire show so far.

I wonder if they're going to wrap this plot up in this season or carry it over?

Personally, I find Korra more interesting than Aang was, mainly because she's such a ********]
Ahaha, I agree. She has a lot more problems and conflicts, whereas Aang was the perfect Avatar who always knew what to do. Like, really? Unrealistic much? I think one of my favorite characters from the first season was Zuko 'cuz he was so troubled. Best.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Icy_Cola102
Klaark
Well, if she hadn't opened it I'm not sure how the plot would move forward. And it's not like her uncle hasn't been playing her like a fiddle for the entire show so far.

Personally, I find Korra more interesting than Aang was, mainly because she's such a ********]
Ahaha, I agree. She has a lot more problems and conflicts, whereas Aang was the perfect Avatar who always knew what to do. Like, really? Unrealistic much? I think one of my favorite characters from the first season was Zuko 'cuz he was so troubled. Best.

Well, Aang could be kind of a dink, too, and he was far from perfect, but he had his s**t together a little more it seemed. I think he had a lot more dumped on him early on and it kept him focused. He had a clear goal, beat the Fire Lord, whereas Korra's path isn't so set in stone or easy for her to see.

Romantic Dabbler

11,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
Klaark
Icy_Cola102
Klaark

Well, Aang could be kind of a dink, too, and he was far from perfect, but he had his s**t together a little more it seemed. I think he had a lot more dumped on him early on and it kept him focused. He had a clear goal, beat the Fire Lord, whereas Korra's path isn't so set in stone or easy for her to see.

That's true; he knew what he had to do, but Korra just has everything thrown at her. She doesn't know who to trust and she simply doesn't know enough about the Spirit world and everything Avatar.

Agile Hero

11,850 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
Well of course she had to let him get away, how else will the story continue...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff