Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Sweet Acerophobia
Salaura
I have no problem still likening Varrik as a character, even now with him being implemented as a villain. He's just so damn amusing.

Here's what I think he's doing. He's obviously trying to stir up Republic City into waging all out war against the north, but I think his motivations are all about money. With Future Industries as another feather in his cap, if Republic City goes to war against the Northern Water Tribe, who are they going to go to for planes, mechatanks and ships?
Future Industries.

Varrik payed to have his own ships attacked to make him look like a victim and both garner sympathy from Republic City, Asami Sato and Mako, while at the same time hiding himself as the culprit. The detonators are to make things look like Triple Threat Triad attacks is just another decoy.

Exactly. In addition to using the "movers" as war propaganda, I think he is bribing Mako's coworkers to cover up his tracks in Republic City.

I really like Varrick's character. Personality-wise, he is clever and entertaining. Making him darker character adds interest, plus his plan is brilliant.

Maybe bribing the mustashio'd dou, but I cant see Lin Beifong taking a bribe.

Trash Gaian

I'm going to miss him as a "Good" guy.

Dainty Kitten

21,650 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Rina 200
  • Noble Shade 100
I had a feeling he was behind it, but I didn't want it to be true. WHY VARRICK, WHY?!?! gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk
Delicious Bubble
I'm surprised but I'm kind of happy. I was complaining to some friends earlier how there hasn't been any plot twists in the series so far that have shocked me. It was beginning to disappoint me and then this gets thrown into the recent episode and now I am so excited for future episodes. Like I really was not expecting that.

Though I will say I adored Varrick, but I adore him even more now for being a scheming villain. :U

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE PLOT TWISTS ARE GOING TO KILL ME.

AH. MY

FEELS.

16,925 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Varrick was by far my fave new season 2 character;
I'll be greatly disappointed if he is indeed the evil mastermind behind the Future Industries downfall. emotion_donotwant
He sounds like he's just an old time capitalist going on a truly hostile corporate take over and just using the situation in the South as a cover. Now that I think about it, really, everything that's been going on, could have been his doing. He used his monetary influence to try destabilize the south's spirituality for a prospering economy through his corporation, knowing the north would try to take over south in order to curb the spiritual decay. Hedging his bets on Unloc being just as corrupt, he immediately was bent on civil war and tried to have his rebels push the blame on Korra's dad. He not so subtly influenced Korra and Asami to send "aid". Utilizing the situation, and making it worse, he commandeered all of Future Industries shipments and goods. He seems like a total idiot, but that's the best cover for conniving pirates.

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
Salaura
I have no problem still likening Varrik as a character, even now with him being implemented as a villain. He's just so damn amusing.

Here's what I think he's doing. He's obviously trying to stir up Republic City into waging all out war against the north, but I think his motivations are all about money. With Future Industries as another feather in his cap, if Republic City goes to war against the Northern Water Tribe, who are they going to go to for planes, mechatanks and ships?
Future Industries.

Varrik payed to have his own ships attacked to make him look like a victim and both garner sympathy from Republic City, Asami Sato and Mako, while at the same time hiding himself as the culprit. The detonators are to make things look like Triple Threat Triad attacks is just another decoy

Exactly! *huggles you*
Now, how's Asami going to get out of her deal with Varrick? Though I guess if Mako actually does manage to get him arrested (will that take all Book?) his controlling interest will...uh...vanish? xp

Invisible Humorist

Ryuondo
He sounds like he's just an old time capitalist going on a truly hostile corporate take over and just using the situation in the South as a cover. Now that I think about it, really, everything that's been going on, could have been his doing. He used his monetary influence to try destabilize the south's spirituality for a prospering economy through his corporation, knowing the north would try to take over south in order to curb the spiritual decay. Hedging his bets on Unloc being just as corrupt, he immediately was bent on civil war and tried to have his rebels push the blame on Korra's dad. He not so subtly influenced Korra and Asami to send "aid". Utilizing the situation, and making it worse, he commandeered all of Future Industries shipments and goods. He seems like a total idiot, but that's the best cover for conniving pirates.

Aren't you looking too deep into it?
GhostlyMark
Ryuondo

Aren't you looking too deep into it?

How could I be? He's the mastermind of driving Future Industries out of business to take it over. Why would he be above starting all the hubbub to do it? Just because he acts like an idiot? All of that is obviously a sham. He's got some comic book super villian s**t going on. The anti-Batman.

Fashionable Shopper

xAliceJae
I Want To Be Your Canary
xAliceJae
I Want To Be Your Canary
He could have let Asami's company die, but he didn't?

At least he cares even a little?

No, he wants to take over her company, or something along those lines.
He wouldn't have orchestrated all those attacks on his own ships that had her things. He's smart & devious.
...hmm, I think a small comparison that could be made is comparing him to Lex Luthor. He knows what he's doing. He fools people with ease.

I believe what Asami did in that last portion was giving some ownership to him through stocks? I could be completely wrong, but it was something Verrick wanted all along.

Why would Varrick would her company? It's failing and no one wants to buy from her.

That doesn't make any sense....?

He's using Asami as leverage so that Mako won't tell anyone about him.

Except Future Industries has many, many war capabilities. If he has control of her company, he'd be in control making all those war things her dad was making. Asami was originally going to "sell" tanks to them. Why buy them if you can just have them made yourself?
Asami actually has a last name, so I assume that the Satos were making top of the line things compared to everyone else in the industry.

yum_cupcake Plus, no one wants to buy from her because she just doesn't know how to sell like he does. If he has it and can either make those things for himself or he'll sell them off. The other option he has is to dissolve her company and create his own with a new name- his name and chuck her to the curb. This is proof that Asami has absolutely no clue what she's doing. Asami is simply just this rich girl who is left to pick up the pieces. She's relying on Varrick who is using her much like he's using Bolin- a puppet with strings.
It doesn't matter to me any more what his true allegiances are. Any character who willingly wears a bear platypus suit that poops money is amazing in my book. Also, you can't deny his ability to make riveting entertainment after seeing his Nuntak show. That show is genius.

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300
idk he seems somewhat of a shady guy now. I really like this plot twist. He was one of my fav characters until this all happened.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff