Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chibi Halo

Yeah and it shows in how his kids are so distant and detached from everything. They show a complete disdain for the South and don't really care that their father was favoring Korra over them and starting a war. They just revel in the fact that they can get people to do whatever they want, give them whatever they want, and not have anyone say no to them. They're spoiled emotionless brats and it shows in how when Bolin, possibly the first guy to say no to her, leaves the South and Eska has a near on mental breakdown resulting in that last scene. Unalaq's screwed up his family and he's screwing up the Water Tribe as a nation. My guess us that he has La on some kind of spiritual lockdown and Yue is being held against her will by rouge spirits under Unalaq's control.

Makes me wonder how the moon's been behaving in this series because as I recall when Sokka was being overprotective of Suki the moon was near on full and very bright that night and had been full for a while in that arc until Sokka was ready to admit what happened and moved on to the first girl to fall for him. Man I have to start paying attention to the nighttime shots for what the moon looks like.

Well who knows. Eska might have a change in heart and join team avatar like how Zuko left Ozai to join Aang. Perhaps it might even be a fruitful lesson in humility for her.

We'll definitely find out how Yue is doing. As Sokka put it, she's always watching. Though I doubt Unalaq is foolish enough to meddle with the moon spirits because as we saw if something happens to them then there goes there water bending.

Time-traveling Senshi

ChaosKnights
Well who knows. Eska might have a change in heart and join team avatar like how Zuko left Ozai to join Aang. Perhaps it might even be a fruitful lesson in humility for her.

We'll definitely find out how Yue is doing. As Sokka put it, she's always watching. Though I doubt Unalaq is foolish enough to meddle with the moon spirits because as we saw if something happens to them then there goes there water bending.

I don't see that happening anytime soon not with how she reacted to Bolin trying to tell her on several occasions that he wasn't comfortable with the way she was smothering him. You don't force someone to move in with you or worse yet marry you if they say the relationship isn't working out. And when he left the South she wigged out. Eska is used to getting what she wants instantly handed to her. Besides, with the way she hates the South it wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't like Korra at all because she's the Avatar.

Chibi Halo

I don't see that happening anytime soon not with how she reacted to Bolin trying to tell her on several occasions that he wasn't comfortable with the way she was smothering him. You don't force someone to move in with you or worse yet marry you if they say the relationship isn't working out. And when he left the South she wigged out. Eska is used to getting what she wants instantly handed to her. Besides, with the way she hates the South it wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't like Korra at all because she's the Avatar.

Well yeah she won't change anytime soon. Seeing it took Zuko three seasons to come around, I'd expect more or less around the same amount of time for Eska.

Time-traveling Senshi

I know he was only in one scene in the latest episode but did anyone get the feeling when Unalaq walked out of the Spirit Portal and then at the end we see Korra with her amnesia that Unalaq was behind the attack by the rogue spirit? He pretty much didn't seem phased at all when Eska and Desna said they believed Korra was dead and when they asked where he was he really didn't want to talk about it. Makes me wonder if Unalaq is corrupting the Spirit World and has been corrupting it for years.

Time-traveling Senshi

Okay so Unalaq wasn't in this episode at all but I feel that what we learned in the hour long Beginning episode brings about so many theories about what's going to happen with Unalaq now.

Now we all know that in order to be able to use everything Raava gave him Wan risked death to fuse himself with Raava by touching his hand to the energy coming from the Southern Spirit Portal during the Harmonic Convergence. In the end it wasn't because the South had become too materialistic that the Southern Spirit Portal was closed but the doing of Wan himself in order to keep Vaatu locked away and humans from entering the Spirit World. Jump ahead a few millennia and seventy years after the Hundred Year War and we have Unalaq pushing Korra to use her Avatar powers to open the Southern Spirit Portal. Unalaq we now know had lied about why that Spirit Portal needed to be opened. It wasn't because it would bring back the spirituality to the South at all. It was all so he would be able to enter into the Spirit World freely. With both portals open humans can enter the Spirit World again. And with both portals open they can come togeter as one again during the coming Harmonic Convergence. Unalaq is fully aware of the Harmonic Convergence coming up, why else would he rush Korra to get that portal open so close to the solstice instead of waiting for a year. He wants the convergence to happen and he wants Vaatu to be free to roam the human world once again.

I get the feeling that Unalaq, either of his own doing or by the influence of Vaatu, is going to try and do what Wan did with Raava. Unalaq through all of his false war mongering, lying to his family, manipulating his brother, and every other deceitful thing he's done in his life is going to use the Harmonic Convergence to merge with Vaatu and become the Avatar of Chaos. He would essentially be, as one podcaster keeps theorizing since episode one of Book One, a dark Avatar. I'm not certain what Unalaq wants and what Vaatu wants is essentially the same thing. However, I do get the feeling that Unalaq has convinced Vaatu to send dark spirits of Chaos into the human world to attack the Southern Water Tribe so they would look to Unalaq who has the ability to control them through his Spiritbending techniques. It wasn't random attacks but rather calculated attacks in order to get himself a foothold in the South and have control over the Southern Portal. All of this is because of that Harmonic Convergence and possibly merging with Vaatu while unleashing the spirits back into the human world so Vaatu can have the spirits take over once more.

We won't know if any of this is actually what Unalaq wants but until he reveals his ultimate plans in some kind of huge monologue flashback deal then we can only theorize and speculate on what his end game truly is.

Seems obvious in retrospect that Unalaq wants the same thing all men in his position want.

More power and control.

But the concept of a dark avatar, that is definitely something frightening. My guess is that Korra will end up sealing her uncle in spirit world with Vatuu or fails thus beginning the reincarnation cycle of the dark avatar.

Seriously if Korra fails to stop Unalaq and Vatuu that would literally be pissing on 10,000 years of hard work of peace the avatar tried to maintain.

Oh I can imagine it now.
Wan: What the hell Korra?
Aang: Yeah what they hell?
followed by several other lifetimes.

Time-traveling Senshi

ChaosKnights
Seems obvious in retrospect that Unalaq wants the same thing all men in his position want.

More power and control.

But the concept of a dark avatar, that is definitely something frightening. My guess is that Korra will end up sealing her uncle in spirit world with Vatuu or fails thus beginning the reincarnation cycle of the dark avatar.

Seriously if Korra fails to stop Unalaq and Vatuu that would literally be pissing on 10,000 years of hard work of peace the avatar tried to maintain.

Oh I can imagine it now.
Wan: What the hell Korra?
Aang: Yeah what they hell?
followed by several other lifetimes.

Yeah as I said in my last post the thought of an Anti or Dark Avatar is something one of the guys over at Republic City Dispatch has been theorizing since we first saw what Amon was capable of doing. However, that theory has been on hiatus but might be resurrected as we get closer to Harmonic Convergence now that we saw the birth of the Avatars. Still people are up in the air as to what role the one time character Grey DeLisle, the voice of Azula, will have in all of this and if that proves she's the big bad or the intermediate baddie or what. There's so much we do and don't know when it comes to what Unalaq's motivators are.

Time-traveling Senshi

Well tonight's episode confirmed it. Unalaq is working under Vaatu. My reckoning is that Vaatu struck some kind of deal where Unalaq thinks he'll retain control of the Water Tribe. I think this whole thing is going to bite Unalaq in the butt real bad. I mean his daughter abandoned him because Desna got hurt trying to open the other portal with their bending.

And so another bad dad is added to the show.

Hoeshido's Prince

Dangerous Sweetheart

10,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
Oh lord, what if Unalaq merges with Vaatu like how Raava merged with Wan. That might make him a second Avatar only with the opposite morals...an Anti-Avatar.

Edit: Okay I just remembered about the lion turtles, nevermind.

Time-traveling Senshi

Dionysus VI
Oh lord, what if Unalaq merges with Vaatu like how Raava merged with Wan. That might make him a second Avatar only with the opposite morals...an Anti-Avatar.

Edit: Okay I just remembered about the lion turtles, nevermind.

Vaatu just might hitch a ride inside of him though. He might not end up being a dark Avatar but he could just become the vessel in which a very dark spirit of chaos is brought into the human world. Thing is though that would be risking death if Unalaq willingly did that. You have to remember Wan risked dying and used the energy of the Southern Spirit Portal to fuse Raava with his body and thus making him part spirit.

Looks like we all called it that Unalaq was working for a dark spirit, it just that we didn't have a name for him yet.

Considering the dangers, I'm not sure Vatuu can replicate the method that created the first avatar. Essentially it almost costed Wan life and more so Raava was considerably weaker when the fusion occurred.

So unless Unalaq has the willpower to endure and Vatuu has actually gotten considerably smaller and weaker over the last 10,000 years, it's going to be difficult to create a second avatar.

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
So Vaatu/Unalaq Dark Avatar would just have superpowered waterbending? Or the power to mindcontrol people (bloodbending + dark spirit tainting)? Dunno, just throwing ideas out there. xd
Except Vaatu doesn't look all that small for a guy who's had nothing to do for 10,000 years. Maybe all the conflict (Kyoshi and Chin, Hundred Years War, Amon) keeps him from getting tea-pot sized. xp (Anyone else think that was simultaneously cute and disrespectful?)
Also, wasn't Azula's voice actress supposed to be voicing the Dark Spirit? Cuz Vaatu sounds like a he to me. Or did they throw her voice through a synthesizer or something? confused

Time-traveling Senshi

Animekitty47
So Vaatu/Unalaq Dark Avatar would just have superpowered waterbending? Or the power to mindcontrol people (bloodbending + dark spirit tainting)? Dunno, just throwing ideas out there. xd
Except Vaatu doesn't look all that small for a guy who's had nothing to do for 10,000 years. Maybe all the conflict (Kyoshi and Chin, Hundred Years War, Amon) keeps him from getting tea-pot sized. xp (Anyone else think that was simultaneously cute and disrespectful?)
Also, wasn't Azula's voice actress supposed to be voicing the Dark Spirit? Cuz Vaatu sounds like a he to me. Or did they throw her voice through a synthesizer or something? confused

According to his page on the Avatar Wikia he's played by Jonathan Adams so Grey DiLese hasn't shown up yet. However, I do think she'll be showing up in one of the episodes before Harmonic Convergence as a dark spirit with a bit of a bigger role. Kind of like a mid level boss.

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
Chibi Halo
Animekitty47

According to his page on the Avatar Wikia he's played by Jonathan Adams so Grey DiLese hasn't shown up yet. However, I do think she'll be showing up in one of the episodes before Harmonic Convergence as a dark spirit with a bit of a bigger role. Kind of like a mid level boss.

Oh, thank goodness, I'm not crazy. heart
Mid-level boss? Does that count as typecasting? xp
Now if only someone would comment on the rest of my rambling. dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out