Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Witch

31,600 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PliR
You know, I never really like Toph in the beginning. Sure I respected her because she was talented, a no non-sense female character and stuff....

Her personality though, I was not impressed with. Blind, blunt, & little girl prodigy. I thought bleh. Yes she was blind, but not really because she could see with her feet. I am already a blunt person so speaking your mind does not impress someone like me. Aang was alreadyyyyyy a child prodigy. They kind of all are child prodigies when you think about it. Yes, even Saaka... Who thought of all most of the plans. A creative plan bending master.

I though for the longest time she was an annoy loud mouth brat with weak insulting zingers. -_-; She whinnied about her parents not accepting her ALL the time and it did not help that the plot lined never got resolved in the original series. I am like, omgz your parents aren't there anymore. Enjoyed life man!

But, after re-watching the series and and reading "The Rift," my opinion of her changed. As disagreeable as her personality was, she was there when her friends needed her and her isolation from other people did explain her selfish personality. She listen to Zuko before anyone would even think too.

I just think overall she was kind of stiff and wish I saw more growth. She saw the least amount of growth, though technically we only saw her in the early/mid season 2 so she he'd less screen time.

You're actually the first person I've ever heard who didn't like Toph, at least in the original series (I think plenty of people are mad about her parenting in LoK). While she is one of my favourite characters, I appreciate this perspective. She definitely didn't get as much development as the rest of the main group in the original series, so I think this is a fair point.

Combative Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Kelllaayyy
So I've been rewatching ATLA and I came across something in Episode 46 that I didn't remember.
After avatar roku was done showing Aang his past- Aang is talking about friendships. And Toph says "Do you really think friendships can last more than one lifetime?"

AND I JUST.

FEEEEEEEELS. SO MANY FEEEELS.

Oh yeah I totally forgot that part. The only thing that originally stuck was that Zuko was the great grandson of Fire Lord Sozen and Avatar Roku.

Combative Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
xRAVESLAYERx
old but scary as ever thats for sure o.o

She's only scary if you're training under her or you make her mad. Otherwise she's mischievous and loveable unless your Lynn who had issues with her mother.
bangable...errr the midlife toph of course.

Shaggy Misfit

14,815 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
All I'm going to say if that she is my home girl for life.
I kind of happened to see the first two books of LoK before I watched AtLA, so at first I liked Lin, like "Yes, I like this grumpy sarcastic badass lady", but then I watched the first series and saw "the original BeiFong" and that was it. I love the whole BeiFong family to be honest. And yeah, though Toph really wasn't the best mother, especially for Lin, I think that it's important, too. Because, like, there're a lot of people who aren't perfect in real life, in frank, nobody is, so it's only fair if someone as badass as Toph would have flaws in some area. And that seems to be family. At least she seems to accept that she wasn't right in the end, and her daughters still turned out to be beautiful women, so.

Also I nearly cried about that "Can friendships last more then one lifetime" thing when Toph called Korra "twinkle-toes".
she's hilarious 3nodding

Combative Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
YouAreReadingThisRightNow
bangable...errr the midlife toph of course.

When she was the police chief, you're right.

Combative Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
AlexRyzhy
I kind of happened to see the first two books of LoK before I watched AtLA, so at first I liked Lin, like "Yes, I like this grumpy sarcastic badass lady", but then I watched the first series and saw "the original BeiFong" and that was it. I love the whole BeiFong family to be honest. And yeah, though Toph really wasn't the best mother, especially for Lin, I think that it's important, too. Because, like, there're a lot of people who aren't perfect in real life, in frank, nobody is, so it's only fair if someone as badass as Toph would have flaws in some area. And that seems to be family. At least she seems to accept that she wasn't right in the end, and her daughters still turned out to be beautiful women, so.

Also I nearly cried about that "Can friendships last more then one lifetime" thing when Toph called Korra "twinkle-toes".

When Toph showed up in the swamp I just wanted to hug that mischievous old woman. Lyn and Tsu are beautiful that's true, however, Lyn has yet to mellow out most of the time like her mom always was, and Tsu well she chilled from being a free spirit and became a little like her sister.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff