Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kari Roenon's Husbando

There's a theory floating around somewhere that the Duke could be Lin's father. It seems possible, but then again so does any other pairing (besides Sokka. They wouldn't get away with that.)

Any ideas based on this topic? I realize there isn't really much to go on right now.

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
Isn't The Duke a girl?

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
noigel
Isn't The Duke a girl?
Or was that Smeller Bee...

Cutie-Pie

noigel
noigel
Isn't The Duke a girl?

SmellerBee is a girl. The Duke was the short, small kid.
And OP,
I didn't think they would get away with a murder-suicide, so don't
let semi-incest pass you by.
emotion_awesome

Kari Roenon's Husbando

Nox Ovis
noigel
noigel
Isn't The Duke a girl?

SmellerBee is a girl. The Duke was the short, small kid.
And OP,
I didn't think they would get away with a murder-suicide, so don't
let semi-incest pass you by.
emotion_awesome

True that. I was hoping for Tokka, but perhaps we'll never know. Still waiting on Zuko's mom... But at least that'll be answered soon enough biggrin

Lonely Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm still hoping on Tokka, too, no matter how incestuous it is.

Beloved Noob

User Image
(┌・。・)┌
[ Nai, I don't think it woudl be the Duke. ]
I don't see the Duke marrying and haveing kids with toph, The Duke is too much of a push over, while Sokka is somewhat of a pushover but he will stand his ground. we shall see if Lin is Sokka's child.

Mega Fatcat

The duke hates her forever for pukeing in his helmet

Thieving Pirate

22,050 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
My main question about this whole Lin thing is why she has her mother's last name. Does that mean Lin is a love child? Or did she take the name because of what the name meant? Why wouldn't she take her father's name?

I bet you they are going to do something generic and saw it was the culture that made it take the mother's name instead of the father's.

Girl

kewefefe
My main question about this whole Lin thing is why she has her mother's last name. Does that mean Lin is a love child? Or did she take the name because of what the name meant? Why wouldn't she take her father's name?

I bet you they are going to do something generic and saw it was the culture that made it take the mother's name instead of the father's.

Welllllll

If Sokka is the father, then he doesn't even have a surname, so it would make sense for Lin to take Toph's emotion_awesome

That logic would work for just about anyone, though. Few people in the series have surnames, so its extremely likely that Lin's father didn't have one, whoever he may be.

But I'm still rooting for Tokka

Thieving Pirate

22,050 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
la Grey
kewefefe

Welllllll

If Sokka is the father, then he doesn't even have a surname, so it would make sense for Lin to take Toph's emotion_awesome

That logic would work for just about anyone, though. Few people in the series have surnames, so its extremely likely that Lin's father didn't have one, whoever he may be.

But I'm still rooting for Tokka

Ooooh this makes so much sense! I recently rewatched Last Airbender and my kid sister was like "If Lin is Toph's daughter......why does she have Toph's last name." And I was just like O_O "I really don't know."

The only flaw in Tokka (Even though I would also LOVE this pairing) is that would mean that Lin and Tenzin were cousins and since they had a romantic relationship....I really doubt it would be like that. T^T.
Jeez...did ANY OF YOU read the comic book, ATLA: The Promise (Pt.2)????? The Duke was with dat Fire Nation/Earth Kingdom girl from Yu Dao tip she made him choose btwn her or Smellerbee. I doubt the Duke is her father. I put my foot down on Tokka because that's just messed up if he left Suki 4 Toph...they were set up since Season 1 Episode 4.
kewefefe

The only families in the Avatarverse with last names are ones with influence, power, and/or wealth. I'm half-sure there's only 3. Bei Fong, Morishita (the mayor of Yu Dao's last name), and Sato.

Given that the Bei Fongs were a powerful family, who the hell wouldn't take Toph's last name? She's the best Earthbender in the world. mad

Also, there's nothing in the Avatarverse saying the woman/child has to take the husband/dad's last name regardless. ;P
SweetAsElle
Jeez...did ANY OF YOU read the comic book, ATLA: The Promise (Pt.2)????? The Duke was with dat Fire Nation/Earth Kingdom girl from Yu Dao tip she made him choose btwn her or Smellerbee. I doubt the Duke is her father. I put my foot down on Tokka because that's just messed up if he left Suki 4 Toph...they were set up since Season 1 Episode 4.

No, Kori's boyfriend is Sneers.

The Duke is like...10? I'm kinda worried if Kori was dating a 10 year old...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff