Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
I feel like this show focuses way too much on romance. I know the original Avatar series had some hints of it in the middle of the series, and then lightly dabbed in it towards the end (like it was sorta important but wasn't focused on too much). LoK just seems obsessed with it....

GAH.
Like... Bolin was a total dork at first. Obviously showing off. But he was adorable and innocent and really seemed to like Korra.
Mako is like... gah at that confused teenage stage. Doesn't know what to do with all 'dem ladies... but it's like... grrrr... I feel like he felt like he had to date Chisame due to her support. And yea, he's 'charming' but he and korra don't really seem to be a good match either (which, due to spoilers, yes i know they date but it doesn't end well)
But I hate Korra. Alot. Not as a character, but as a romantic person. She was sheltered so i understand she's awkward.... but she didn't respect Mako's relationship at all. She was so full of herself. I think she just needs to focus on her avatar duties.
As for Chisame... she's fine. Just a little too clingy.

(I just finished episode 6)

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Compared to The Last Airbender, yes, there's more romance. Too much? Hardly.

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Not as much as the first season.

Sparkly Gekko

A little romance never hurt anyone. I think the main reason why they are doing it is so that there aren't as many ships and upset fans that characters didn't actually get together confused
That said, I personally don't mind the amount of romance in this series :3

Invisible Humorist

I honestly think people focus too much more of the romance than the actual plot.

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
GhostlyMark
I honestly think people focus too much more of the romance than the actual plot.

I agree. I really want to focus on what's happening but it's hard when there is so much love drama going on
The amount of romance in total with this season of Korra has probably been about 3 minutes, if even that. You just magnify it in your minds more for some reason.

Durem Citizen

Honestly I do not like all the love and drama. Except for when Ezra was all over Bolin. I thought that was hilarious.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I don't mind it. Love triangles, on the other hand...

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
xXTeal BloodXx
Honestly I do not like all the love and drama. Except for when Ezra was all over Bolin. I thought that was hilarious.

I agree. See that's funny. Dark humor. Not "OMG"

Hygienic Gaian

1,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Romance is nice and all, but I wish the storyline developed more, even if it did around their relationships. I feel like mako and asami's relationship and everything was at the standstill until the most recent episode and it seems as if the writers are trying to just erase everything about mako and korra's relationship.

Also, Bolin's character development seems to have not advanced if not deteriorated and is really disappointing. He was my favorite character too crying

Lunatic

Either way this is one of those teenage romance drama shows like everything these days for the young people. The firs Airbender was better with little hints and side characters having love stuff going on like Zuko and Sokka. But as for the main characters, there should me more action and less romance crap.

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
Cocoa Drop
Either way this is one of those teenage romance drama shows like everything these days for the young people. The firs Airbender was better with little hints and side characters having love stuff going on like Zuko and Sokka. But as for the main characters, there should me more action and less romance crap.

Agreed
I think a little bit of romance isnt bad for a show. And I really dont think there is too much romance going on. More like family drama, and epic spirit on avatar battles.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff