Welcome to Gaia! ::

have some gold

yes! 0.48214285714286 48.2% [ 27 ]
no! (wait...) 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 8 ]
banana phone 0.375 37.5% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Another Tahno x Bolin fan. blaugh

Anyways, I would be happier if she'd end up alone then end up with Mako(though when she does, oh well.), but it's looking like it's going to end up Mako and Korra at the end.

Godlike Ghost

XxXI DA HOXxX
Another Tahno x Bolin fan. blaugh

Anyways, I would be happier if she'd end up alone then end up with Mako(though when she does, oh well.), but it's looking like it's going to end up Mako and Korra at the end.
gaia_crown
Yeah. I think Korra's had her 'crush' moment, and needs to get over it now, and just go kick Amon into next week. :B
yuppers. though I have to say my otp is Bolin x happiness, srsly my poor baby needs some
Nafretiti
Deandriea
Nafretiti
I agree with the first post BUT if she does I REALLY hope it is not another screw up like they did with Katara and Aang.

Im sorry but I will take Katara and Zuko (like it was ORIGINALLY intended) any day, Katara went on and on about family with Aang and what not that it turned out bad, I have an adoptive brother also and I don't want to sleep with him.

Sorry, but if Korra gets with anyone I just hope the writers don't screw it up like they did with Aang/Katara/Zuko.
Screwed up, originally intended? Whose a** are you pulling this out of? Yes, in VERY early stages it was considered, and swiftly discarded in favour of the canon we have now. As in, back when Katara was still called Kya, (What would that ship name be then, Kyko? Zuya?)

As I said, ORIGINALLY she was going to be the love interest of Zuko as she likes the bad boys and no it wasn't in the early stages they changed it late into production if not when it was finished and we see that, whilst they did cut out most of it and edited in other bits and what not we are still left with so many moments where we see there was meant to be more with Katara and Zuko, some of the moments seemed like there should of been more then just them standing next to each other as friends. Many times they had a vibe that more should be happening between them then there was etc but they were forced to not act upon it due to editing parts out and putting parts in, some parts just couldn't be and I understand that but it also gives us the whole thing where Katara and Zuko were meant to be more then just friends but, obviously, the writers decided against it at the last minute or something.

Besides all that, as I said, for ages Katara went on and on about Aang now being family yet she is happy to sleep with a member of said family, the writers seem to have decided to shut Katara up about that (since she did go on and on about it so hey, I am glad) but then just hope we forgot about her family tirade and make it so she falls in love with Aang, a guy the writers FORCED down her throat that she considered him FAMILY.

And seriously, why does ANY shipping need to have a friggen name? Why can't they just be Aang & Katara or Zuko and Mai or whatever? Why does every relationship these days need to have a stupid name like that?

Ugh...canon!Zutarians make them all look bad. I can't stand Kataang either, but you don't see me insisting canon isn't canon...there's fanfic for that. (Then again, my preferred pairings are never endgame, so I'm kinda used to it.)

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
LabTech Kestin
Nafretiti
Deandriea
Nafretiti
I agree with the first post BUT if she does I REALLY hope it is not another screw up like they did with Katara and Aang.

Im sorry but I will take Katara and Zuko (like it was ORIGINALLY intended) any day, Katara went on and on about family with Aang and what not that it turned out bad, I have an adoptive brother also and I don't want to sleep with him.

Sorry, but if Korra gets with anyone I just hope the writers don't screw it up like they did with Aang/Katara/Zuko.
Screwed up, originally intended? Whose a** are you pulling this out of? Yes, in VERY early stages it was considered, and swiftly discarded in favour of the canon we have now. As in, back when Katara was still called Kya, (What would that ship name be then, Kyko? Zuya?)

As I said, ORIGINALLY she was going to be the love interest of Zuko as she likes the bad boys and no it wasn't in the early stages they changed it late into production if not when it was finished and we see that, whilst they did cut out most of it and edited in other bits and what not we are still left with so many moments where we see there was meant to be more with Katara and Zuko, some of the moments seemed like there should of been more then just them standing next to each other as friends. Many times they had a vibe that more should be happening between them then there was etc but they were forced to not act upon it due to editing parts out and putting parts in, some parts just couldn't be and I understand that but it also gives us the whole thing where Katara and Zuko were meant to be more then just friends but, obviously, the writers decided against it at the last minute or something.

Besides all that, as I said, for ages Katara went on and on about Aang now being family yet she is happy to sleep with a member of said family, the writers seem to have decided to shut Katara up about that (since she did go on and on about it so hey, I am glad) but then just hope we forgot about her family tirade and make it so she falls in love with Aang, a guy the writers FORCED down her throat that she considered him FAMILY.

And seriously, why does ANY shipping need to have a friggen name? Why can't they just be Aang & Katara or Zuko and Mai or whatever? Why does every relationship these days need to have a stupid name like that?

Ugh...canon!Zutarians make them all look bad. I can't stand Kataang either, but you don't see me insisting canon isn't canon...there's fanfic for that. (Then again, my preferred pairings are never endgame, so I'm kinda used to it.)

I am not insisting anything, I understand and ACCEPT that Aang and Katara are canon BUT that doesn't mean I like it and that doesn't mean I won't make my point over why I think it would have been better if it was Katara/Zuko.
That would be really cool! Especially after the mess in this past episode I could totally dig her being single. But, it probably won't happen and i'd be lying if I said I wasn't still addicted to shipping. So, i'll just make up whatever head-canon I feel like if the creators don't oblige my preferred pairings. emotion_awesome

Godlike Ghost

Yaoi-and-Yuri-forever
That would be really cool! Especially after the mess in this past episode I could totally dig her being single. But, it probably won't happen and i'd be lying if I said I wasn't still addicted to shipping. So, i'll just make up whatever head-canon I feel like if the creators don't oblige my preferred pairings. emotion_awesome
gaia_crown
oh god I am still addicted to shipping Cx
it's just so much fun to watch the shipping drama~ (I multi-ship, so idgaf which one is canon)

I just think she'd make a really great example that you don't need someone in your life to be a totally kick-a** person.
Dove_of_Dawn
Melancholy Wish
Korra is a strong black woman and she don't need no man. *Snap Snap*

But..but she's not black. ;A; Water tribe are based off of Inuit tribes of the pole.
It was a joke, and if we going by American terms...then yes she would be black. Problem with it?
nelson0090
Yaoi-and-Yuri-forever
gaia_crown
oh god I am still addicted to shipping Cx
it's just so much fun to watch the shipping drama~ (I multi-ship, so idgaf which one is canon)

I just think she'd make a really great example that you don't need someone in your life to be a totally kick-a** person.

It is! I tend to have specific ships I like. I know everyone has different opinions though so I don't try and bash other peoples preferences. Though, I have been known to ship threesomes and occasionally incest which somehow seems to get me into deep s**t with people no matter what I do.

I'd really like her to be single or with another girl because then she could give a good example for either community. But, unfortunately the entertainment realm is set on telling our kids.

"You need a date to be cool. Ladies you will find that prince charming, and when you find him if you don't go after him like a madwoman you are a fool because it will never happen again! You'll be the laughing stock of society. Single women....THEY CANNOT SURVIVE!!! gonk " *end dramatics*

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
You all do know that just because a girl likes a guy and wants to be with him, that doesn't means she needs him for her to be strong? Wanting and receiving support from a love interest doesn't make a female protagonist suddenly weak, it makes the character, male or female, seem more human.

If, and who, Korra gets together with, it isn't going to make her dependent on that person for strength. The creators are really good about writing strong female characters, without falling into that trap. It just means that she will have that person as an option for support should she ever need it.

And people love their pairings, so a romance is good for drawing in an audience. Don't believe me? Take a good, long look at this forum, a significantly large portion of the threads are about shipping.

Godlike Ghost

Yaoi-and-Yuri-forever
It is! I tend to have specific ships I like. I know everyone has different opinions though so I don't try and bash other peoples preferences. Though, I have been known to ship threesomes and occasionally incest which somehow seems to get me into deep s**t with people no matter what I do.

I'd really like her to be single or with another girl because then she could give a good example for either community. But, unfortunately the entertainment realm is set on telling our kids.

"You need a date to be cool. Ladies you will find that prince charming, and when you find him if you don't go after him like a madwoman you are a fool because it will never happen again! You'll be the laughing stock of society. Single women....THEY CANNOT SURVIVE!!! gonk " *end dramatics*
gaia_crown
rofl I literally ship everything. I am on all the ships at once, somehow, even the ones that don't have names and aren't built yet. c:
though I have to admit, I do have ships I prefer over others... I still like all of them. xD (I find that, for most fandoms, I pick a favorite character and ship them with everyone. I just want my favorite character to end up happy, that's all.)

and oh god I know. emotion_facepalm NO YOU CAN'T BE SINGLE GIRLS, THAT VIOLATES THE LAWS OF NATURE. and if the guy you want is taken, just steal him away!! Seriously, I think the entertainment industry is why there is so much drama in the world today. smh
nelson0090
Yaoi-and-Yuri-forever

gaia_crown
rofl I literally ship everything. I am on all the ships at once, somehow, even the ones that don't have names and aren't built yet. c:
though I have to admit, I do have ships I prefer over others... I still like all of them. xD (I find that, for most fandoms, I pick a favorite character and ship them with everyone. I just want my favorite character to end up happy, that's all.)

and oh god I know. emotion_facepalm NO YOU CAN'T BE SINGLE GIRLS, THAT VIOLATES THE LAWS OF NATURE. and if the guy you want is taken, just steal him away!! Seriously, I think the entertainment industry is why there is so much drama in the world today. smh

Sounds like an awesome idea biggrin . I should get into this multi-shipping business more. It'll probably solve a lot of my problems XD

It probably is. The hard thing about it is that for all the people who watch and realize it's just tv and not a guide to life there are like ten bazillion people that take it insanely seriously. I pity them.

Godlike Ghost

Yaoi-and-Yuri-forever
Sounds like an awesome idea biggrin . I should get into this multi-shipping business more. It'll probably solve a lot of my problems XD

It probably is. The hard thing about it is that for all the people who watch and realize it's just tv and not a guide to life there are like ten bazillion people that take it insanely seriously. I pity them.
gaia_crown
It suits me well enough. rofl
Of course, I enjoy watching two die-hard shippers arguing, so I guess there needs to be people like that too. Well, or I could find something else to entertain myself. xD

I just. Don't really see how people couldn't realize that it's just tv, and not meant to be like real life, and all that. neutral really, how dumb do you have to be to not understand that? gonk I don't consider myself to be terribly bright with anything (much less actual people skills), yet I completely understand that tv shows are not real at all. D: just. ugh. people. emotion_facepalm
nelson0090
Yaoi-and-Yuri-forever

gaia_crown
It suits me well enough. rofl
Of course, I enjoy watching two die-hard shippers arguing, so I guess there needs to be people like that too. Well, or I could find something else to entertain myself. xD

I just. Don't really see how people couldn't realize that it's just tv, and not meant to be like real life, and all that. neutral really, how dumb do you have to be to not understand that? gonk I don't consider myself to be terribly bright with anything (much less actual people skills), yet I completely understand that tv shows are not real at all. D: just. ugh. people. emotion_facepalm

Sometimes that is fun. A little surprising as well that people can be so vehement about certain ships. I think I understand a bit though because there are some ships I really don't understand at all.

I'm not entirely sure either. XD Trying to wrap my head around it makes it hurt so I tend to just let it be and be content with the fact that I know it's not real.

Godlike Ghost

Aha
You all do know that just because a girl likes a guy and wants to be with him, that doesn't means she needs him for her to be strong? Wanting and receiving support from a love interest doesn't make a female protagonist suddenly weak, it makes the character, male or female, seem more human.

If, and who, Korra gets together with, it isn't going to make her dependent on that person for strength. The creators are really good about writing strong female characters, without falling into that trap. It just means that she will have that person as an option for support should she ever need it.

And people love their pairings, so a romance is good for drawing in an audience. Don't believe me? Take a good, long look at this forum, a significantly large portion of the threads are about shipping.
gaia_crown
ugggh that wasn't really my point. emotion_facepalm
I'm not saying having a significant other makes one weak- I'm just saying that it would be a great example that you don't need one to be strong. (Since I find a lot of people seem to think being single is almost worse than dying...) And since Korra has already proved herself to be a strong, kick-a** person already, I think she'd be a perfect example.

also, shippers will ship regardless. xD yeah, I know romance draws people in, but there can be romance without her ultimately ending up with someone in the end.

Invisible Codger

10,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Melancholy Wish
Korra is a strong black woman and she don't need no man. *Snap Snap*

^This a thousand times over. Might I also add: 'Mmmmhhmm, you tell 'em gurrrl'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff