Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Poster

So, this post is pretty much just my feelings about episode 4; I'd also like to hear what everyone else though of it(unless you're just all hateful with no explanation). Obviously, this post has serious spoilers from episode 4, and it's also huge since I took a ton of screenshots. All of this is just my personal opinion, but since I am putting it out there, feel free hate it. :]

Before this gets going, I swear I talk about way more than just Asami! I do talk a lot about her, but I've got way more in here...trust me, this post is huge, I'll be amazed if anyone actually reads the whole thing.

Firstly, I'd just like to say I really liked this episode; up until this point, I was having a hard time really liking Korra, and you sort of need to like the main character at least a little bit. This episode had me go from being on the fence about her, to really liking her, which is good.

User Image
User Image

Her being afraid of Amon made perfect sense, and it made her seem like more than just a rebellious tom-boy. Showing her being jealous and a little hurt by Asami and Mako's sudden relationship also made her seem more vulnerable, which made her seem more likable to me. That last scene in particular really sealed the deal for me.

User Image
((Was the hair flip really necessary?))

Asami Sato has been a serious hot-button topic, and I have to throw in my two cents. I am not a huge fan of her yet; she may grow on me, but as of now, I dislike her. It has NOTHING to do with her being pretty, or rich, or whatever else. It also has nothing to do with Makorra. (I know Makorra is pretty much inevitable at this point, so no matter who they date now, in the end, it's INCREDIBLY likely that they'll end up together, so whatever)

My reasons for disliking her are two-fold; one, is that she is boring. Pretty, rich, and "nice"(sometimes when she says something nice, it doesn't seem to come off that way to me...but that's probably just me) is pretty dull on its own, so until she gets more character development or a cooler storyline(which I am DYING to see happen) I will continue to think she's boring. Two, is that she seems utterly suspicious to me. I mean, her timing was PERFECT; the Fire Ferrets need cash, and suddenly a rich girl just shows up and in like, two days of knowing ONE of them, just decides to give them this huge some of money? And how coincidental that she just HAPPENS to hit Mako with her moped and just HAPPENS to be a huge fan of his?

User Image
((They had JUST met, and barely even spoken, and she's already trying to be super concerned friend? I don't know, I guess she could just be REALLY nice, but if someone held my hand the first time I sat down and talked to them, I'd be weirded out))

The fact that she's suppose to be this nice girl should, in itself, make their sudden relationship even more suspicious. I mean, most girls who are that kind like to get to know people before they even consider getting that close to them. They've known each other for maybe a week, and suddenly she's glued to his arm like she's stuck there.

User Image
User Image

I'm thinking she might be working with the Equalists; either she's just evil(which would make me love her; she'd be a seriously kick-a** villain!) or she's being forced to. Maybe her dad's being blackmailed by them, or something, and she has to help the in order to help her father(meaning she'd still be a good person, but in a bad situation, which I'd also be ok with)

Her dad also seems off; clearly his daughter's got a thing for this boy whom he's never met, and yet he's totally not even trying to learn more about him, or even give him any sort of warning about not hurting/trying anything funny with his daughter; a daughter which he's clearly given a lot to. And his story about the generous guy also seems fishy; they sure made a point to put that in there, when it wasn't necessary information, and when they're clearly trying to fit a lot into one show, all the information you get is important. They also made sure to make it clear it was a LOAN and not a gift...which makes me think the money he's giving Mako will also be a loan, and that will be important later. That, of course, is all speculation, but still thought I'd mention it.

TENZIN'S FAMILY IS SO FREAKING CUTE!
User Image
User Image
User Image

Seriously, this whole episode made me love them, particularly Ikki, whom I had found to be rather annoying up until this point. (She's so adorable!)

Know who else is adorable? BOLIN!
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Ok, so Bolin officially made himself my favorite character with the episode. First off, how cute is he! Really! Trying so hard for Korra's attention, giving her gifts, and being all jelly when she gets those presents from Tarrlok. SO ADORABLE!

I also like how he actually thanked Korra for saving him, unlike Mako who I'm slowly beginning to dislike because of this episode. I love how he talked about how scared he was; he's being honest with himself, and I admire how he wasn't trying to act tough about it in front of Korra.

However, I was a bit ticked off with both of the bending brothers towards the end of this episode.

User Image
User Image
((Them in fancy clothes though <3))

So, their supposed to be Korra's friends; so far, they're her ONLY friends, yet they did nothing after she agreed to join the task force. They were clearly surprised by the news(Asami was clearly not, which adds yet again to my suspicions, but enough of that already) and probably not too happy about it, yet they didn't confront her about it or anything. Friends would have been more concerned for her safety, or at least TALKED to her about it. She was clearly baited into the whole thing, and she was scared(and it was pretty obvious that she was), they should have tried to talk to her.

Then they got mad about her missing practice, when she was missing because she was on the task force which could have gotten her killed. They were more concerned with her skipping than about her safety, which was not ok with me. (I know they need the money, but really, they're supposed to be FRIENDS)

I freaking love Lin; she's so bad a** and blunt about everything. <3
User Image

Can I get a hell yeah for Korra and Tenzin's fancy clothes? Seriously, Tenzin's looking fly(Get it? FLY? HA! I should do a comedy Amon about that! ...right, anyway)
User Image

Can I tell you how much I love Amon? Because seriously, I do. It's probably because his voice actor; his voice is like chocolate and sex...just saying.

He clearly only has two options for beneath the mask: either looks like this or (more likely) this; either way I'm cool with it, I found both those characters attractive...even if Shishio was seriously burned...he was a badass.

Finally, who else was SERIOUSLY excited to see the Gang again? <3
User Image
User Image
User Image

Those last images, seriously made my day. I hope it means we'll get to see more of them in the near future.

So that's my thoughts thus far...kudos if you actually read the whole thing. I have to go eat now, but when I get back I'd love to see some of your opinions!

What do you guys think so far; about this episode, and about the show in general? Any theories on Amon or Asami? Whose's your favorite character? And did this episode make you feel differently about certain characters like it did for me? I wanna know!
*Reads* No real thoughts

Godlike Ghost

gaia_crown
I don't think this episode changed any of my opinions.
Especially not the one about there needing to be more Bolin in every episode.

But seriously, at first I wasn't the biggest fan of Ikki because of the whole 'what happened to Zuko's mom' thing, but now she is adorable and hilarious. All of Tenzin's kids are so so cute. If he ever needs a babysitter, he can just call me.

And I have to say, I really hated Korra's party hair-do. I thought it was kinda ugly. rofl

Feline Lover

I read something interesting on tumblr about the flashback of Sokka and Aang:

( from manbending.tumblr.com )

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Quote:
Black: As you can see, I circled the audience with black in the present shot and the past shot. Obviously, there’s been some changes in the seating since that time, but it appears as though Aang is facing in the opposite direction as the audience, his back being to them, as you see in Picture 4. Clearly they went from a circle-shaped seating arrangement to the U-shaped seating we see in the present day shot. So keep in mind that Aang is facing in the general direction of where the earthbending council member sits in the present day seating.

Red & Blue: I circled part of the “second floor” slash ceiling in red. It’s to show that Sokka was standing/seated in the flashback where the current day Southern Water Tribe representative sits, as the background is the same. This may possible mean that Sokka was indeed the Southern Water Tribe representative when the council was created, despite being a non-bender. I also circled those areas in blue to show that Sokka was sitting next to the front of the council, facing towards the audience, and facing towards Aang, more importantly.

Green: Now, given all the information I circled above, I think it’s safe(ISH) to assume that the parts circled in green in the picture of Aang is indeed Sokka’s shoulder, considering the fact that the shoulder of the person Aang is staring at has the same colour tone as Sokka’s shoulder and given the angle and point of view, since Aang is showed to be facing slightly to his right, since more of the left audience is shown in the last picture, meaning he is facing to where Sokka is sitting.

So I'm very curious as to how this theory could play out, and the flashbacks themselves more than anything. I think it would definitely explain why Aang looked so stern in the flashback, and I believe it'd have to pertain to the Yakon person that Tarrok mentioned earlier in the episode as well.

So in general that's all I have from the episode.

Dapper Capitalist

I think Ikki just became my new favorite character
"why do you have three ponytails... and smell like a lady?" XD

I'm seriously suspicious about Asami. It does seem too much like a coincidence, and her dad is giving my bad vibes. Seriously why would he just give out that kind of money to a boy his daughter just met? Like you said, I bet he's going to try holding it over them later on.
This episode made me really feel for Korra. I liked her before but I had my moments where I disliked her, but at this point I am smitten. Her fears and jealousy just made me go aww, she's just a teenager give her some slack!
I agree with you and Bolin.
Bolin is officially my favorite character because of this episode.
He's like Sokka, only less sexist and much more sweet and funnier. A bit more silly as well. <3
I gotta say, I love Tenzin more in this episode. At first, I found him to be a bit too overprotective and controling in the second episode. Not that I hated Tenzin, I just found it crule that he wouldn't even let Korra listen to the raido for a bit, or even leave the island.

But after that, he seemed more caring, understanding, and in this episode huggable. 4laugh

And Lin, I'm glad she cares about the city so... Though, I have to side with Korra in the first episode. The guy could've been killed before the police arrived, so she should've been happy she was there.

As for Tarrlok, I really dislike him so far. He should know how to take no for an answer.

Anyways, still on the fence on who I ship for now, and don't mind who ends up with who in the end. Though, I do find the butthurt Makorra fans here to be to be entertaining.

That said, I agree with you. I really think Asami and/or her father is up to something. Though, I'm on the fence with her.

Amon... I am now creeped out.

Sokka all grown up looks nice, but Toph...her face is shaped weird. gonk

My favorite characters so far is Korra and Meelo. I can totally relate to her, not with being a tomboy, but the whole being forcefull and and getting frustrated when I can't get something. And she seems like the average teenager. Yeah shes pretty distructive and hot headed, but that's were she can grow. Really would've hated it if she had no flaws or no room to grow.

Meelo, hes just halarous.Yea, he's hidious looking, but in a cute way right? But anyways, he always gets me laughing whenever he does something.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Anyone else notice Asami has sinister looking eyes when not open all the way?

(No it's not about the whole Makorra, or Masami issues)

Newbie Hoarder

CreativeButLazy

I'm seriously suspicious about Asami. It does seem too much like a coincidence, and her dad is giving my bad vibes. Seriously why would he just give out that kind of money to a boy his daughter just met? Like you said, I bet he's going to try holding it over them later on.

Is it me, or does Asami look like she could be related to Azula? O____O

Dapper Capitalist

Captain Dory
Anyone else notice Asami has sinister looking eyes when not open all the way?

(No it's not about the whole Makorra, or Masami issues)

It's because she's based on Lust from FMA and has her eyes, only green.
Looking sinister kinda comes with the territory, whether that makes her evil or not is up to debate.

Quotable Poster

nelson0090
gaia_crown
I don't think this episode changed any of my opinions.
Especially not the one about there needing to be more Bolin in every episode.

But seriously, at first I wasn't the biggest fan of Ikki because of the whole 'what happened to Zuko's mom' thing, but now she is adorable and hilarious. All of Tenzin's kids are so so cute. If he ever needs a babysitter, he can just call me.

And I have to say, I really hated Korra's party hair-do. I thought it was kinda ugly. rofl

☆彡
Oh I know! I wanted to strangle Ikki for interrupting that story! I always like Jinora, I haven't seen enough of Meelo to like or dislike him. But really, they're all just fraking adorable. I also really like Pema, she's awesome. :]

I agree; they could have tried a little harder to make her look a little nicer..

Godlike Ghost

Teadum

☆彡
Oh I know! I wanted to strangle Ikki for interrupting that story! I always like Jinora, I haven't seen enough of Meelo to like or dislike him. But really, they're all just fraking adorable. I also really like Pema, she's awesome. :]

I agree; they could have tried a little harder to make her look a little nicer..
gaia_crown
I've liked Jinora since the very first episode. She is such an adorable little bookworm. <3
And Meelo! "Yeah Daddy, you're a terrible teacher! RAARR" omg was so adorable.

but yeah, I was like... did she just put a hat over her ponytail? or what? D:<
that does not make a hairstyle 'dressy' Korra.
Her dress was okaaaay, I suppose... kind of traditional water tribe, but ehh.

Quotable Poster

CreativeButLazy

☆彡
Ikki seriously redeemed herself to me in this episode! She was so cute! And how she glared at Tarrlok the entire time he was at dinner!

That's how I feel about it. I mean it was all just too perfect. :/ And her dad just...I don't know, it just doesn't make sense. :/

Quotable Poster

nelson0090
gaia_crown
I've liked Jinora since the very first episode. She is such an adorable little bookworm. <3
And Meelo! "Yeah Daddy, you're a terrible teacher! RAARR" omg was so adorable.

but yeah, I was like... did she just put a hat over her ponytail? or what? D:<
that does not make a hairstyle 'dressy' Korra.
Her dress was okaaaay, I suppose... kind of traditional water tribe, but ehh.

☆彡
Jinora is definitely awesome. I think Meelo is growing on me ("No Meelo that is not a toilet!" ha! xD) but I was sort of "Eh" about him before.

I think her dress would have looked nicer if she had taken her armband off or, you know, heaven forbid she wear a top with sleeves on it. :/ I wish they would have dressed her a little nicer; with Asame there it just made Korra look like a badly-dressed boy with boobs. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff