Welcome to Gaia! ::

Probably my last thread for this forum till s2.

Reader count 0.54545454545455 54.5% [ 24 ]
poll 0.45454545454545 45.5% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
< 1 2

Dangerous Visionary

Piercless

Tarrlok: He was actually my favorite character. He had really good character devolpement. If it
wasen't for the fact that he's a little to forcefull, he would have made better Avatar than Korra.

LOL my cousin said the same thing when we watched it the second time around. I mean he was from the Northern Water tribe and totally could have been an Avatar. Man that would have made the story a lot better. His own brother would have been his enemy and we still could have had the same ending. OOOO what would happen if an Avatar committed suicide anyways?

Dangerous Visionary

iKarnezar
Tahno's my second favorite character, but I hope he doesn't return. How little he's shown shows that he wasn't meant to be a main character in the long run. However, due to his popularity, there is a chance he will be shown again, but as we've seen from the kind of material Michael and Bryan produce when trying to respond to their fans desires ("The Spirit of Competition" wink Tahno will be ******** destroyed.

I don't want that to happen to Tahno. emotion_donotwant

My favorite character is Amon. Not Noatok. There's a difference.

Wow first fan of Tahno that I have ever came across to say that. THANK YOU. As yeah a nice background shot of him in the next season would be cool but other than that I really don't want to see this character again. He was a cool little mini boss but that's it. Agreed with the Amon=/= Noatok. Its like how I sometimes like Clark Kent more than I like Superman. ( Due to freaking bad writers)

Dangerous Visionary

xAliceJae
Makorra's not THAT bad of a couple, but it's insanely poorly executed. Given that the two might have had some alone time that wasn't shown, but it was hardly EVER shown. It was only in moments where, imo, it made both of them look horrible.
I still dislike that they're dating in S2 and it will give me the oogies, if they act anything like Katara and Aang in The Promise...

*shudders* Darn it. Y U had to remind us. Or worst be like Miss Martian and Lagoon Boy in YJ. That's just awful. emotion_facepalm

LOL another tally for the setting. Well the good thing is they will still kind of use it for the next season but finally get to travel around.
Thank you for making this thread. There are a few things I'd like to get off my chest. I've said some things already, but some were also never addressed with a specific thread for them. This will give me a chance to talk about ALL the rage.

Characters:

Korra was likable at first, but she quickly became irritating. During the first episode, I saw this strong girl who didn't know how to control her strength who knew little to nothing of rules and etiquette. When Lin came to her with a bamf-y reality check, I was hoping for her to learn and grow from this awesome example of a woman. Instead she got Tenzin. I don't hate Tenzin, but he did let Korra get away with a lot of things. She broke the rules? Ok let's just pay off her debts and never give her consequences for her actions. Then he wonders why she always does her own thing and is so hard to teach. I honestly think Lin should have mentored her for at least a little while and she should have had to clean up the messes after her bending battles destroyed places. I think there is a good, potentially strong character in that little brat, but she hasn't been given enough useful guidance from the adults in her life. They let her get away with too much because she's a powerful bender and the Avatar.

Mako was always a jerk, but he seemed to soften up and be nice during the Revelation episode. That's where it ended, though. After that he turned into a confused, hormone driven mess. I still don't understand a lot about this guy. He's supposed to be looking out for his little brother, but he is very rude to people and turns away those who try to help him or treat him kindly. I was led to believe that he's supposed to be some lone wolf with a tragic past. I get that. It's just that he is very unlikable because he's too rude and standoffish. His relationship with his brother suffers because of it, too. Mako comes off as very uncaring for most of the series. What I hope for him in season two is for him to get some empathy so he can stop coming off as an a*****e.

Bolin was a great character with tons of unused potential. He's the most likable of the Fire Ferrets, but he keeps getting left in the background. I liked how he was portrayed more than the other human Team Avatar members. I'm glad to hear he'll be getting his own story arc in season two. He deserves it.

I didn't like Asami at first and I did think she was going to betray the team. She actually turned out pretty cool in the end. My main qualm with her is how she was introduced and developed through her role as Mako's girlfriend. It felt like she was being shown as Mako's accessory instead of as a person and the love triangle was her main role for most of the series. Since the love triangle was stupid and wasted so much screen time that should have gone elsewhere, I'm really disappointed that she only got three or four short scenes in the entire season to show off her personality beyond flirting, being jealous, or being angry at her dad.

Amon turned out to be a disappointment to me in the end. I was hoping so much for him to be a non-bending bamf. Then he did some really stupid moves in the finale that just were sloppy and made me sad for the sudden IQ drop. I could go into what all he did wrong again, but I know that I've explained it a ton of times in this forum already.

Tarrlok was a good character, but he was taken down by Amon too quickly. I wanted to see him do more villainous acts and come out as the amazing villain he could have been.

The Lieutenant was really cool and has replaced Amon as my favorite villain in this show. It's sad that he was taken out so fast and never seen again. He was a well done character for the amount of time he got on screen.

Lin should have been more of a mentor to Korra. She was also way too sloppy in the episode where they investigated Mr. Sato. I explain it to myself as the police force still being new and inexperienced with a leader who learned to be hasty from Toph. It still bugs me, though.

The airbending children have so much potential, but Jinora and Ikki feel like cardboard cutouts of certain character types (studious and hyper). Meelo could be cooler if he starts making more new airbending styles of fighting. He's the only one that felt like an actual little kid to me.

Iroh. Why the heck did you leave your men behind during a huge battle? That still strikes me as a strange move for a commander to do. He left his men behind and it was really unclear what they did when their leader just left them to fend for themselves. He could have sent other men to meet with the Avatar while he stayed with them to help. Think of how much more they could have done had he gotten his fleet to shore and focused on getting rid of those mines.

Naga was awesome. Too awesome in fact. She got more bad a** moments than any of the other characters.

Setting:

I love Republic City. The settings and music were the only parts of this series that I saw no flaws with. I have to admit, though, that it was very corny when Iroh broke off the Aang statue's mask and thanked Aang for saving him.

The Story:

I get that it was meant to be a one season miniseries. That doesn't excuse poor character development and missed opportunities. People keep saying that they tied up all the loose ends in the finale. I call BS on that and I don't understand how so many people believe this. There are so many things that they didn't conclude and they really should have in order to make the story better.

They never really explained to Korra that the Equalists were bringing up some good concerns. The only things we got was "Amon is taking people's bending and being extreme" and "the main characters are benders." That isn't good enough for me. I really wish they had someone explain that oppression from both sides is wrong. Korra protected the non-benders from Tarrlok for a little bit, but then she left them. As for the Equalists, they saw that she hid for days, let the city be destroyed, and then suddenly took out their leader. There's bound to be resentment and it feels like she never learned anything about the members other than Amon. It feels like a gaping hole in the story.

The Northern Water Tribe ought to be in some hot water (see what I did there?) over the whole Amon and Tarrlok mess. They might have not been so oblivious as Yakone believed them to be. Now all the water benders need to be checked out to see if there are more blood benders. It's a whole new can of worms. Someone could also find out where Amon went after running away. Where and how did he learn to take away people's bending? Someone needs to find out how to prevent another Amon and how to fight someone like that without the Avatar's help.

Those are the main two points I feel should have been addressed and I want to see them addressed in season two. There are other things, but they are more nit picky and the series can still be good without them.

Fanbase:

I really like this fanbase and I'm glad to be a part of it. The loonies for this one aren't nearly as bad as the ones for other shows I like. I've met far more cool people from this fandom than people I found annoying.

Dangerous Visionary

Alrescha
Thank you for making this thread. There are a few things I'd like to get off my chest. I've said some things already, but some were also never addressed with a specific thread for them. This will give me a chance to talk about ALL the rage.

LOL. No no thank you for posting. Though if you don't mind I would like to more details on Amon part though as I don't really post here often. 3nodding Oh man you did open a ton of worms just now. I didn't even think about should the Northern Water Tribe be blamed for this? Personally, I don't think so since like Tarllock explained they would go off in private to study blood bending, his father changed his name and face, and as we all saw they did live out in the "rural" part of the land. I made another thread about the NWT and why it seemed so different from the first series.

I agree that now that we do have more seasons I don't think the equalist story needs to be over. (Though it does seem like it is) Even in the LOK making of a legend Bykre admitted that there were more non-benders than benders but they were underrepresented how can that be solved in just six months? Tenzin was pretty much a pacifist like his father and really I get the feeling he just didn't know how to handle girls. (Again just like his father) Love the idea of Lin becoming a mentor to both Bolin and Korra. I really thought the next book would be Metal since the since the season ended with Lin getting her bending back. emo
Character/Character development:
Korra: I really liked her in the first few episodes or so, then she just got worse and worse and worse and boring. I thought she was going to get some good CD in this series, but NOPE, still stupid, shelfish, hot-headed, impatent, self-centered, etc... I thought we would see Korra grow with whats happening with the non-benders and what not, but nope, at the end of the episode she complained about only being able to bend air, when everyone else that got their bending taken away, couldn't bend at all and was all like "i cnt b avtar N E mor i suk i dont desrve s**t!!!!111111" Like really, Korra? Even whn knowing this would be a mini-series and with her being the MC, you would think she would develop the most, but NOOOOOOO, Lin got WAAAAAAAAYYYY more CD then Korra ever could, and I think Tenzin develop more too(just a bit though).

Mako: So he was okay during episode 3. Before that he was just uninteresting "cool tough guy". Then episode 5 came along and then yea, he was a d**k, but not as much as Korra was(though she did aplogize. All Mako did was "ITZ ALL YOUR FAULT KORRA! YA I JUST TOLD YOU THAT I LIKE BOTH YOU AND MY GIRLFRIND AND I KNEW HOW BOLIN FELT ABOUT YOU BUT ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!" "IDC IF THIS ISN'T THE TIME RIGHT NOW I TOLD YOU DATING YOUR TEAM MATES WAS A BAD IDEA!" ) Then he almost broke friendship up with Korra, after all shes done for them, just for believeing Asami's dad was an equalist. I mean, it was nice that he was sticking with his gf and all, but he could of just told her, "look believe what you want, but don't get me involved in this!" Then when Asami confronts him about Korra, he all, "WHAT?!?! I don't like Korra!" Then when he finds out she knows about the kiss he instantly blames his brother then is all, "Yea, I know I should of said this at the begining, but things are confusing, can we talk about this later?" Then with Amon at the end. He's a spechal fire bender, but we haven't seen anything spechel about him. K. rolleyes Also, he just swiched up his character for no reason. When Bolin was captured? He was calm and didn't freek out. When they heard and saw what happened to him? worried and upset, but didn't lose his s**t. When they saw what Amon can do? He hold Korra back from getting into trouble and thought of a plan. When Bolin was up to get his bending taken? Kept calm and waited for Korra then saved his brother. When Korra was captured? "OMG KORRA WHERE IS SHE? WE GOT TO SAVE HER! MOVE IT MORONS LET HER BREATHE! IM THE ONE WHO GETS TO CARRY HER CAUSE I CARE ABOUT HER MORE THEN YOU DO NOW SOMEHOW!" Bolin seems to be the only family he has left, but it seems he doesn't really care compared to Korra.

Bolin: Yea, I never really cared about him that much, but he's one of my favorite characters. But then he was just pushed aside for the stupid Korra/Mako/Asami love triangle crap.

Amon and the equalist: Amon. He was scary, but yet someone who you sided with... at first. Yep, for some reason, they couldn't go for morally gray here. I wanted Amon's story to be TRUE, cause then what would Korra do? Cause then maybe we could see Korra really fight for both sides, but nope, Amon Noatok was just a stupid lier that was an over-powered blood-bender that got beat cause he got blasted out of the window. emotion_facepalm Such a happy ending for the equalist. Hey, maybe Korra did something for them in between season 1 & 2, but this was supost to be a mini-seris, and looks like the only ones here that got the happy ending is... THE BENDERS! YAY!!!!!! Sorry non-benders, your still going to be unequal.

Meelo, Lin, and Asami are the characters that I really liked thoughout the series, and Asami and Lin really cool and I love them. heart

The romance/Love tri/quad/whateverangle:
Mako & Asami: I really loved this going on. I really thought they compleated each other and were a really great couple. I thought Mako was himself around her, and she felt safe with him. emotion_kirakira With Makorra, they always seemed to be fighting, but they seemed to get along until the end of the series. I really wanted them to stay together, and for Korra to get over Mako and GROW UP, but nope, got everything she wanted in the last episode. And Asami? Lost everything. Mom, dad, boyfiend, house. Poor girl. crying

Borra: Sweet, cute, and Korra and Bolin where themselfs around eachother. But then all Korra cared about was an indcicive lying jerk, and had to hurt Bolin. Whatever, Bolin deserves a way better girl then Korra.

Makorra: Ugggh. Thats all I have to say. I started to like it after episode 3, but that it. I guess I really don't care if they end up with each other, cause their both horrible characters, but at the same time, I just don't like it. It's clieche, shallow, and annoying. If I hear one of them call the other one sweetie in S2, I'm dropping it. emotion_donotwant

Story:
Was okay. I was really starting to like it in the begining, but then it was meh. The romance really ruined it, imo. Though I did like Asami's story, and the equalist story was cool at first. I also like like the part with Tarlok's background, but didn't really like Noawhatever. I liked how the kids could fight too. Also Lin.

The ending was mostily horiable. Amon became a loser and Korra was still her same old self, but worse. Mako became a Gary Stu, and Bolin became nothing but a background comic relif. The whole thing with Iroh was pretty cool though. Overall, 4/10.

Fandom:
I was mostily here(on gaia) for Korra stuff, and I don't think people here are that bad, mostily. I did get annoyed with people accusing Asami being evil because of her looks and people hating her cause she gets in the way of Makorra. There are other things that annoyed me about the fans, but overall, I really didn't mind them. I didn't think the shipping wars where bad, expcally not as bad as A:TLA or Naruto. Also, I thought the "Amon theries" weren't a big deal and didn't really care about their speculation, despite the fact some of them where stupid. "AANG IS AMON CUZ HE DIED AND HE WAS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE SO AMON IS ANOHER CYCLE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS BROKEN CUZ AANG WAS IN THE AVATAR STATE!" lol Also, I'm sorta getting annoyed with the whole whose Lin's dad thing, but for the most part, it was good here. Really you want annoying awful fans? Go to Invader Zim. burning_eyes
Edit: I did find a lot of the Makorra fans to be really obnxsious and annoying with their shipping, but I also found some cool Makorra fans here too. Overall, people here weren't that bad.
Miss-dark8607
Though if you don't mind I would like to more details on Amon part though as I don't really post here often.

I just realized I haven't posted anything about Amon in like a month. sweatdrop I'm going to find old posts of mine since I know that I've said it all before really well.

Alrescha
I wanted Amon to be a badass non-bender so bad, but I'm coming to accept that he's a bender. I think he messed up a lot of his plans because of sloppiness and that still irks me no matter what he is. I really liked him and then he was suddenly so scared and panicked when Korra revealed who he was that his calm, intimidating factor I loved about him just went away in a matter of seconds. I can understand why, but I'm still disappointed in him. He couldn't even go so far as to burn his face to hide who he was in case his mask fell off. Which makes me wonder if Noatok was also playing other roles inside and outside his Equalist organization and had to have a pretty face for pretending to be someone else to become Amon and keep up the Amon identity. That's the best excuse I can come up with after thinking on it. If not then I think someone as smart as him would have planned for the possibility of an unmasking and a water blast to the face.

I saw the brother thing as a possibility from the moment I noticed Tarrlok's actions were helping Amon gain power. The only thing I didn't see was that Tarrlok was actually stupid enough to think his actions were harming Amon. Every single thing he did helped them become more powerful, so I assumed he was in on Amon's plan and was helping him for personal reasons from the start.

I hope he's not dead. Season 2 should go into a bit on how he learned to take people's bending away. Though I can also see him not coming back and having it explained through the person (if he had a teacher) who taught him that ability. A lot of people think the death scene was the best part of that last episode and I can see people wanting a new villain.

Alrescha
He spent so much time planning for this he should have had more safety nets in place. He attacked the Lieutenant after his window of opportunity was already crushed by him putting his ego before his revolution. His mistakes had been made before that.

He could have told the truth when Korra told everyone about him with his followers knowing he could have easily lied again to cover it up. If he did the speech right then he would have had even more supportive followers. Some would leave, but the ones who stayed would be even more gung ho about having their powerful leader admit his own bending should not exist. He can make their dreams come true through his special power and he is on their side. That in itself is a huge ray of hope for them. It could bail him out far more than forcing the enemy into a back room, where his men could easily find him and see him, to waterbend the crap out of the Avatar. Korra has gotten free from him before and there was always the possibility she could again. It was a huge hole in his plan to just run away and act hastily.

Before this point he was always calculating before acting. He didn't this time. He messed up by having no back up plans for really obvious things that could possibly go wrong. There was always the possibility of someone finding out he was a bender. He was a master planner up until that point and then derped in the final episode because the Avatar claimed he was a bender. It makes me sad.

I also made a speech up for Amon to say in that moment when Korra accused him of being a water bender because I'm geeky like that.

Alrescha
"As a bender who hates what I see in those like myself, I wanted to give non-benders the drive they need to take out the people misusing their powers. I wanted to be like all of you who don't have bending to mishandle and can live peacefully without powers that warp the mind and only cause destruction. I felt your pain as my own because I see and hate the how this evil festers in myself. Bending only brings war, but it is also powerful. With that power I wanted to give you all the fighting chance to stop this evil. As a bender I am all too aware of how evil bending truly is and how it corrupts the mind. Now I have given you a mantle to stand on and an idea to stand behind to fight this evil. My job is over and that mantle now is given to you. I wish you luck and will aide this cause until my dying breath. My hope is that our dream will come true and you will be able to stop any more people like me from having to live with this evil corroding their very soul."

He could have used his own personal, real feelings even if it meant sacrificing his power. Amon seems like the type that wouldn't care if he kept that head as long as it meant the revolution was a success.

At least Amon seemed to be a cool guy for a while. sad

Dangerous Visionary

XxXI DA HOXxX

Mako: So he was okay during episode 3. Before that he was just uninteresting "cool tough guy". Then episode 5 came along and then yea, he was a d**k, but not as much as Korra was(though she did aplogize. All Mako did was "ITZ ALL YOUR FAULT KORRA! YA I JUST TOLD YOU THAT I LIKE BOTH YOU AND MY GIRLFRIND AND I KNEW HOW BOLIN FELT ABOUT YOU BUT ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!" "IDC IF THIS ISN'T THE TIME RIGHT NOW I TOLD YOU DATING YOUR TEAM MATES WAS A BAD IDEA!" ) Then he almost broke friendship up with Korra, after all shes done for them, just for believeing Asami's dad was an equalist. I mean, it was nice that he was sticking with his gf and all, but he could of just told her, "look believe what you want, but don't get me involved in this!" Then when Asami confronts him about Korra, he all, "WHAT?!?! I don't like Korra!" Then when he finds out she knows about the kiss he instantly blames his brother then is all, "Yea, I know I should of said this at the begining, but things are confusing, can we talk about this later?" Then with Amon at the end. He's a spechal fire bender, but we haven't seen anything spechel about him. K. rolleyes Also, he just swiched up his character for no reason. When Bolin was captured? He was calm and didn't freek out. When they heard and saw what happened to him? worried and upset, but didn't lose his s**t. When they saw what Amon can do? He hold Korra back from getting into trouble and thought of a plan. When Bolin was up to get his bending taken? Kept calm and waited for Korra then saved his brother. When Korra was captured? "OMG KORRA WHERE IS SHE? WE GOT TO SAVE HER! MOVE IT MORONS LET HER BREATHE! IM THE ONE WHO GETS TO CARRY HER CAUSE I CARE ABOUT HER MORE THEN YOU DO NOW SOMEHOW!" Bolin seems to be the only family he has left, but it seems he doesn't really care compared to Korra..

Is it sad I read all that in the announcer's voice? As that was a perfect summary of that character.

Dangerous Visionary

Alrescha

I just realized I haven't posted anything about Amon in like a month. sweatdrop I'm going to find old posts of mine since I know that I've said it all before really well.

At least Amon seemed to be a cool guy for a while. sad

You're Amon! emotion_jawdrop Well damn seems like Amon pulled a damn Light at the last minute. Then again that is how it usually plays out with "smart" characters they end up slipping up or not planning for the obvious and then everything hits the fan. I agree he should have burnt his face for realz. It would have looked a whole lot better than "bacon" face paint he had. I will not lie... I was in the whole Tarllock was Amon camp as I just couldn't understand why Tarllock kept making things better for the equalist. I still kind of wish that was the case instead of them being brothers. emotion_eyebrow

Ruthless Roisterer

27,500 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Master Slayer 200
Xunica
Things I want to admit? Oh boy...

1. Mako SUCKS. Hated him from the beginning and hated the OBVIOUSNESS that him and Korra were the shipping.
2. I don't hate Asami. In fact, I feel bad for her about all that happened with her father and that she has such a shitty boyfriend as Mako.
3. Bolin is my favorite character and, after the date episode, he was SEVERELY thrown aside to make room for Makorra/Morra/Koko/MakoxKorra
4. The ending was amazingly dark but amazingly OVERSHADOWED its main character. Korra had nothing to do with it and, generally, it felt rushed.
5. I worry what they'll do for season 2 since Amon's not going to be the villain.
6. Lin Bei Fong was my hero.
7. I am the leaf.

I lol'd so hard. This. Just all of this is dead on in my opinion. Agree completely.
wow ok, korra really sucks. she couldn't stop amon. actually, she didn't stop amon. she lost her bending to him and all she really did was blow him out of a window AND he escaped. WOW. nice work avatar. she's just lucky that tarrlok was man enough to kill them both. if he hadn't, amon could've come back later and had another crack at it. oh and her becoming a fully "realised" avatar at the end of the series was a load of crap. i mean, she never really "connected" with her spiritual side. that flashback from aang? wtf? that's nothing compared to what aang did. THIS JUST INVOKES SO MUCH RAGE IN ME. it's so stupid the more i think about it emotion_donotwant

Bashful Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
XxXI DA HOXxX
Character/Character development:
Korra: I really liked her in the first few episodes or so, then she just got worse and worse and worse and boring. I thought she was going to get some good CD in this series, but NOPE, still stupid, shelfish, hot-headed, impatent, self-centered, etc... I thought we would see Korra grow with whats happening with the non-benders and what not, but nope, at the end of the episode she complained about only being able to bend air, when everyone else that got their bending taken away, couldn't bend at all and was all like "i cnt b avtar N E mor i suk i dont desrve s**t!!!!111111" Like really, Korra? Even whn knowing this would be a mini-series and with her being the MC, you would think she would develop the most, but NOOOOOOO, Lin got WAAAAAAAAYYYY more CD then Korra ever could, and I think Tenzin develop more too(just a bit though).

Mako: So he was okay during episode 3. Before that he was just uninteresting "cool tough guy". Then episode 5 came along and then yea, he was a d**k, but not as much as Korra was(though she did aplogize. All Mako did was "ITZ ALL YOUR FAULT KORRA! YA I JUST TOLD YOU THAT I LIKE BOTH YOU AND MY GIRLFRIND AND I KNEW HOW BOLIN FELT ABOUT YOU BUT ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!" "IDC IF THIS ISN'T THE TIME RIGHT NOW I TOLD YOU DATING YOUR TEAM MATES WAS A BAD IDEA!" ) Then he almost broke friendship up with Korra, after all shes done for them, just for believeing Asami's dad was an equalist. I mean, it was nice that he was sticking with his gf and all, but he could of just told her, "look believe what you want, but don't get me involved in this!" Then when Asami confronts him about Korra, he all, "WHAT?!?! I don't like Korra!" Then when he finds out she knows about the kiss he instantly blames his brother then is all, "Yea, I know I should of said this at the begining, but things are confusing, can we talk about this later?" Then with Amon at the end. He's a spechal fire bender, but we haven't seen anything spechel about him. K. rolleyes Also, he just swiched up his character for no reason. When Bolin was captured? He was calm and didn't freek out. When they heard and saw what happened to him? worried and upset, but didn't lose his s**t. When they saw what Amon can do? He hold Korra back from getting into trouble and thought of a plan. When Bolin was up to get his bending taken? Kept calm and waited for Korra then saved his brother. When Korra was captured? "OMG KORRA WHERE IS SHE? WE GOT TO SAVE HER! MOVE IT MORONS LET HER BREATHE! IM THE ONE WHO GETS TO CARRY HER CAUSE I CARE ABOUT HER MORE THEN YOU DO NOW SOMEHOW!" Bolin seems to be the only family he has left, but it seems he doesn't really care compared to Korra.

Bolin: Yea, I never really cared about him that much, but he's one of my favorite characters. But then he was just pushed aside for the stupid Korra/Mako/Asami love triangle crap.

Amon and the equalist: Amon. He was scary, but yet someone who you sided with... at first. Yep, for some reason, they couldn't go for morally gray here. I wanted Amon's story to be TRUE, cause then what would Korra do? Cause then maybe we could see Korra really fight for both sides, but nope, Amon Noatok was just a stupid lier that was an over-powered blood-bender that got beat cause he got blasted out of the window. emotion_facepalm Such a happy ending for the equalist. Hey, maybe Korra did something for them in between season 1 & 2, but this was supost to be a mini-seris, and looks like the only ones here that got the happy ending is... THE BENDERS! YAY!!!!!! Sorry non-benders, your still going to be unequal.

Meelo, Lin, and Asami are the characters that I really liked thoughout the series, and Asami and Lin really cool and I love them. heart

The romance/Love tri/quad/whateverangle:
Mako & Asami: I really loved this going on. I really thought they compleated each other and were a really great couple. I thought Mako was himself around her, and she felt safe with him. emotion_kirakira With Makorra, they always seemed to be fighting, but they seemed to get along until the end of the series. I really wanted them to stay together, and for Korra to get over Mako and GROW UP, but nope, got everything she wanted in the last episode. And Asami? Lost everything. Mom, dad, boyfiend, house. Poor girl. crying

Borra: Sweet, cute, and Korra and Bolin where themselfs around eachother. But then all Korra cared about was an indcicive lying jerk, and had to hurt Bolin. Whatever, Bolin deserves a way better girl then Korra.

Makorra: Ugggh. Thats all I have to say. I started to like it after episode 3, but that it. I guess I really don't care if they end up with each other, cause their both horrible characters, but at the same time, I just don't like it. It's clieche, shallow, and annoying. If I hear one of them call the other one sweetie in S2, I'm dropping it. emotion_donotwant

Story:
Was okay. I was really starting to like it in the begining, but then it was meh. The romance really ruined it, imo. Though I did like Asami's story, and the equalist story was cool at first. I also like like the part with Tarlok's background, but didn't really like Noawhatever. I liked how the kids could fight too. Also Lin.

The ending was mostily horiable. Amon became a loser and Korra was still her same old self, but worse. Mako became a Gary Stu, and Bolin became nothing but a background comic relif. The whole thing with Iroh was pretty cool though. Overall, 4/10.

Fandom:
I was mostily here(on gaia) for Korra stuff, and I don't think people here are that bad, mostily. I did get annoyed with people accusing Asami being evil because of her looks and people hating her cause she gets in the way of Makorra. There are other things that annoyed me about the fans, but overall, I really didn't mind them. I didn't think the shipping wars where bad, expcally not as bad as A:TLA or Naruto. Also, I thought the "Amon theries" weren't a big deal and didn't really care about their speculation, despite the fact some of them where stupid. "AANG IS AMON CUZ HE DIED AND HE WAS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE SO AMON IS ANOHER CYCLE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS BROKEN CUZ AANG WAS IN THE AVATAR STATE!" lol Also, I'm sorta getting annoyed with the whole whose Lin's dad thing, but for the most part, it was good here. Really you want annoying awful fans? Go to Invader Zim. burning_eyes
Edit: I did find a lot of the Makorra fans to be really obnxsious and annoying with their shipping, but I also found some cool Makorra fans here too. Overall, people here weren't that bad.

Holy crap. Long quote is LONG.
However, I'm not editing one bit of it cause IT'S ALL TRUE for me! I agree 100% with this about everything listed. I'd add more, but this person has said everything!

Tipsy Smoker

I stared at Korra's breasts the whole first book.

Dangerous Visionary

apps37
I stared at Korra's breasts the whole first book.

Sounds like a Tumblr confession.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces