Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Knight

6,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Remember she came in with power right off the back.. But more the aggressive behavior adds..
Her grace, manual dexterity, hand speed and simple fundementals that other avatars have she lacks..

The Aang I know would not have gotten him and his fire bending friends #$% kicked by chi bending henchies.. That was pretty bad..

That pretty much told me in a toe to toe with a serious non-bending fighter.. Korra has a 40% chance of getting her @#$ kicked.

Despite her bending power. She needs guidence.. and more of a firm hand to make sure she sticks to it. She needs an earth teacher for patience..

And a fire teacher to help curb those passions of hers. They take away from her fighting style and cloud her judgement.

Water to keep her head clear once shes controlled herself. and teach her to be more flexible as a person in any situation.

She's lacking. but typically Bruce lee as a child but a teenager. Shes got more potential than Aang.

Blessed Prophet

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
This whole theory is a really good one. It's probably is what is keeping korra from finishing her avatar training. I think that she will probably only be able to truely learn how to air bend once she understands what it really means to be an avatar (such as knowing that she possesses the powers of the past avatars and the avatar state), chances are they will make the next season(or book) based in the spirit world when korra learns how to connect with the spirits.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Lena Raito17
This whole theory is a really good one. It's probably is what is keeping korra from finishing her avatar training. I think that she will probably only be able to truely learn how to air bend once she understands what it really means to be an avatar (such as knowing that she possesses the powers of the past avatars and the avatar state), chances are they will make the next season(or book) based in the spirit world when korra learns how to connect with the spirits.

I'm really looking forward to that.
Most definitely. A lot ofpeople also fail to remember that as a monk, aang was much more spiritual than a lot of the other benders in the first show. The others were in their own rights, but the reason the spiritual side came so easily to Aang is because being raised by the Air Nomads he was very aware of the spiritual side of bending before he even discovered being the Avatar.

Korra was born in the Water Tribe and drilled from early on the other forms of bending, training, sparring with other benders, etc. One of my friends was upset over her lack of spirituality and it is really difficult to talk to him about how it will probably factor a lot into her character development as the show progresses because he's stuck on how at such a young age Aang was very spiritual.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Great idea! I didn't even think of that! Yeah, I think that's very possible.

8,400 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
[Ren The Ryoko]
So you know how Korra is really good with the physical side of bending, but awful at the spiritual side?

I keep coming back to this thought that the loss of spirituality is like, the major force of imbalance within the entire Avatar universe at the moment, that Korra's problem is in fact the problem that the entire world faces.

Bending in Avatar was portrayed as a very spiritual, respected, cultural art. The bending styles reflecting the culture of the people, people took pride in it, built rituals around it.

But in Korra, bending has changed. At least in Republic City, where cultures have blended and changed and been forgotten. Bending is very different. It's a Pro-Sport. It's used by gangsters. It's used by cheap labor. It feels like the ART of it is gone, that the spiritual connection that benders have with their bending is gone, and thus: the imbalance within the world.

And maybe that's why it's so EASY for Amon to take away people's bending, while it was so HARD for Aang. Ozai, while a d**k, was in tune with the spiritual nature of bending. People these days in Korra? Not at all.

I keep feeling like a major theme of Korra is going to be how to regain that spiritual side of bending, not only for Korra, but for all Benders.
Omg yes!

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Episode 7 and still no airbending. I'm getting concerned about Korra's lack of spirituality for reals now.

Nimble Bunny

8,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I think this is the best hypothesis I've come across

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers