Altruistic Protector

15,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Jack-pot 100
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
Brilliant idea...

In all honestly, my boyfriend and I have been talking over different ideas of where this may be headed. If this is going to be at all like LAB, they'll most likely do the 'books' again (seasons).

My thought, because of the imbalance of spirituality in everyone, is perhaps one of the books will deal with the Spirit World, kinda like you mentioned earlier.

Bryke has talked about how each season is going to have its own villain. Having a Spiritual crisis could tie all the seasons together as an over arching conflict.

emotion_kirakira That's kickass.

And another idea I've vaguely tossed around in my head...I can't remember exactly what happened to him, but I recall that there was a spirit that enjoyed causing trouble in the real world. Ko, I think his name was (not sure of the spelling on that one).

Amon diiid mention that spirit(s) had basically urged him on with his idea and what not, and I know it's more than likely just his own ramblings to gather followers, but the idea of Ko or another spirit(s) like that intrigued me.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
Brilliant idea...

In all honestly, my boyfriend and I have been talking over different ideas of where this may be headed. If this is going to be at all like LAB, they'll most likely do the 'books' again (seasons).

My thought, because of the imbalance of spirituality in everyone, is perhaps one of the books will deal with the Spirit World, kinda like you mentioned earlier.

Bryke has talked about how each season is going to have its own villain. Having a Spiritual crisis could tie all the seasons together as an over arching conflict.

And another idea I've vaguely tossed around in my head...I can't remember exactly what happened to him, but I recall that there was a spirit that enjoyed causing trouble in the real world. Ko, I think his name was (not sure of the spelling on that one).

Amon diiid mention that spirit(s) had basically urged him on with his idea and what not, and I know it's more than likely just his own ramblings to gather followers, but the idea of Ko or another spirit(s) like that intrigued me.

I think it's really interesting that Korra, who is so devoid of spirituality at the moment, is at odds with a villain who claims to be talking to spirits.

Seon-Sama's Wife

Altruistic Protector

15,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Jack-pot 100
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
Brilliant idea...

I think it's really interesting that Korra, who is so devoid of spirituality at the moment, is at odds with a villain who claims to be talking to spirits.

Agreed. It makes me wonder if (if they do exist) she'll have to actually face the spirit(s) themselves.

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
Brilliant idea...

Koh the Face Stealer? It's been a while since I watched the original series, but I kind of recall him.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
Brilliant idea...

Agreed. It makes me wonder if (if they do exist) she'll have to actually face the spirit(s) themselves.

Well, I mean, this is Avatar. The idea of having spirits who are active within the plot isn't very far fetched. As you said, Koh was an evil spirit that has opposed the Avatar before.

But yeah. And then we can ask ourselves how does this, or does this, tie into the incident with Aang and Yakone that was mentioned in episode 4?

Seon-Sama's Wife

Altruistic Protector

15,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Jack-pot 100
The Herald of Death
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
Brilliant idea...

Koh the Face Stealer? It's been a while since I watched the original series, but I kind of recall him.

That's the one 3nodding

Seon-Sama's Wife

Altruistic Protector

15,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Jack-pot 100
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
Brilliant idea...

Well, I mean, this is Avatar. The idea of having spirits who are active within the plot isn't very far fetched. As you said, Koh was an evil spirit that has opposed the Avatar before.

But yeah. And then we can ask ourselves how does this, or does this, tie into the incident with Aang and Yakone that was mentioned in episode 4?

Indeed..I don't know why, but the name Yakone sounds really familiar to me.

And I've been stumped, when Korra is hit by amon and she 'sees' the flashbacks of Sokka, Toph, and Aang, I can't figure out who is supposed to be the person they just show half the face of.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kara Hikarai

Indeed..I don't know why, but the name Yakone sounds really familiar to me.

And I've been stumped, when Korra is hit by amon and she 'sees' the flashbacks of Sokka, Toph, and Aang, I can't figure out who is supposed to be the person they just show half the face of.

I'n not sure that we know, or could know, Yakone. At least from our previous knowledge. But it feels like Yakone is somehow linked with some Avatar Crisis with Aang, and possibly with Amon in some way.
So, I mean, we don't have that information yet.
But it will be really interesting to see if that develops along this idea of a spiritual crisis idea.

Aged Gaian

AMEN.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I kinda made a thread hinting towards that when I expressed my disdain for pro-bending.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
TheDrunkenApothecary
AMEN.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I kinda made a thread hinting towards that when I expressed my disdain for pro-bending.

I personally like Pro-bending. I think its a really neat modernization of bending. But it does appear to be a symptom of a potential spiritual-bending crisis

Aged Gaian

[Ren The Ryoko]
TheDrunkenApothecary
AMEN.

I personally like Pro-bending. I think its a really neat modernization of bending. But it does appear to be a symptom of a potential spiritual-bending crisis

Yeah, but at the same time I think the problem causing all of this is the urbanization.
Much like back during the industrial revolution and basically all of the 1900's, there was a massive change in values.
Women becoming more in touch with their sexuality
More of a focus on pro-sports
etc.

Less and less focus on the bare necessities and your religion really.

So yeah it's happening, but it's inevitable unfortunately.
I hope Korra successfully sparks a reclaim of the spiritual side of bending.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
TheDrunkenApothecary
[Ren The Ryoko]
TheDrunkenApothecary
AMEN.

Yeah, but at the same time I think the problem causing all of this is the urbanization.
Much like back during the industrial revolution and basically all of the 1900's, there was a massive change in values.
etc.

Right. Like, I believe that urbanization is a good thing over all.
But clearly there have been some unintended negative affects that need to be addressed.

Aged Gaian

[Ren The Ryoko]
TheDrunkenApothecary
[Ren The Ryoko]
TheDrunkenApothecary
AMEN.

etc.

Right. Like, I believe that urbanization is a good thing over all.
But clearly there have been some unintended negative affects that need to be addressed.

Exactly, it wasn't meant to do this, but any increase of the standard of living comes with that.
I like how the show progresses to mirror actual human nature. It really compares well to real life human progression.
There's always an aspect of equivalent exchange regardless of the improvements.

One thing increases, something else heavily decreases.

Shy Regular

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100
That is an amazing point! I think they're going to explore that a lot, too, because Korra just has no idea at all on how to be spiritual, but somewhere she will have to learn, and it will be very difficult for her. The world will need to stay with her so she can be an example for them and follow her as she figures out the spirituality of bending.

Tipsy Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Hmm, I like this theory.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers