Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Citizen 200
So because I've been watching Korra, my boyfriend wanted to finish watching The Last Airbender. So we're watching it right now, i'm all caught up on Korra. I feel like the bending in the original seemed so much cooler. >.>

900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gaian 50
they missed something in LOK : Kungfu

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The bending in the original was so much cooler whee
I just wish they could do the same to Legend of Korra. I mean, they do have a good reason to limit the bending. Afterall, they live in a city and I would imagine bending to be more difficult if you're in a tight space. I would still love to see them go wild with their bending though.

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
There were more feels in the bending in ATLA. Maybe because Aang is in touch with his spiritual side.

Ruthless Gekko

I am disappointed with this limitation to Republic City. They traveled the world in the original. Like Republic city is nice, there must have been changes to the rest of the world since then. I have hope they will focus more on the bending, including the traditional sense, now that the pro-bending stuff is going to cease. I was majorly disappointed when they were just focusing on the pro-bending and that style of bending.

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I also think ATLA was way cooler.They had more humor scenes and cooler bending,plus Aang could go into avatar state mode,which at the moment i don't think Korra can.And don't the avatars have arrows on their heads?Where's hers?
Now,i am NOT hating on Korra here.I LOVE that show.But it's just different in so many ways.
Only Airbending masters have the arrow tattoos on their bodies. Since Korra is from the water tribe, she doesn't have them. I suppose once she masters airbending she could get them if she wants but it's not required. *shrugs* As for the bending, my theory is since Korra is set in a time of peace, the need for bending has receded immensely, therefore the art and technique of bending isn't up to par like it used to be.

2,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
eruoisnglheng
So because I've been watching Korra, my boyfriend wanted to finish watching The Last Airbender. So we're watching it right now, i'm all caught up on Korra. I feel like the bending in the original seemed so much cooler. >.>

It is cooler
The old one is the best

Greedy Capitalist

The fighting in LOK is more dynamic, close-up and physical, while TLA is more destructive, wide-spread, and less advanced (while Zuko shoots fire, his grandson can fly with it, and while Toph's metalbending is very stiff and still in progress, Lin's is more dynamic, free, and flexible, ect.)

Lonely Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sukidayolove1997
I also think ATLA was way cooler.They had more humor scenes and cooler bending,plus Aang could go into avatar state mode,which at the moment i don't think Korra can.And don't the avatars have arrows on their heads?Where's hers?
Now,i am NOT hating on Korra here.I LOVE that show.But it's just different in so many ways.

I agree with everything in the above post... except the avatar = arrow tattoos remark. To that, I facepalm.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

I'm thinking it's possible we'll be seeing a wider variety of fighting styles in the upcoming season.
There are still so many possibilities & areas to cover.
Yeah I feel like they didn't stress the bending in LoK
im new, and avatat: korra isnt as great as 1st one, but still love them all.. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff