9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Gwendilyne
II_iMuddy_II
Gwendilyne
]

Again I said it was not logic. Hate is an emotion and in most cases emotion is not associated with logic. And, "interpret in a way that suit themselves" is exactly what I said only worded differently so you're only backing what I said and the reason I don't like it. I have yet to see one argument where each side was not blinded by their own views. The only pairing debates I've seen that weren't like this were by non-shippers. They appear to be the only people who can looking at things from both views.

No I am not backing up what you're saying. You're failing to comprehend my words. What you said is "insist and twisting one's creations to to suit their weird fantasies", that is completely different from what I said. What i mean is that fans are interpreting the author's work in different way. It does not mean that they are "twisting the information presented to them", but they view it differently, not in a negative way. In most cases, emotions are not associated with logic, but in some cases it is.
(See bolded) Define what you mean by "blinded by their own views". Some people may be completely oblivious to the opposition's case, others refuse to acknowledge the opposite side due to the stupidity presented. (See bolded). You need to get out in the world.

Alright. You're completely right I'm wrong. I still hate shippers, fanfics and yoai fangirls. But you're right and you can go to bed tonight knowing you won. Congratulations! You made me see that light! Or at least you got me to agree with you to shut you up so you'll leave.

Yeah, no use arguing with her. ;o
She (or he?) will keep arguing and telling you to get out into the world until you give in. ;o

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I've never liked shippers, and the Korra shippers are getting really annoying. ;o
They won't even give Asami a chance because "she's taking Mako from Korra."

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Soviet Titties V
Gwendilyne
Soviet Titties V
Actually, I think the rabid yaoi fan-girls are the same.

They can't watch a damn show for...well, the show. They focus more on the "shipping" aspect of it.

Such as in Episode 4 of Korra.
There were so many ******** threads about Makorra being ruined because Mako wants to bang Asami, when instead they failed to realize Korra took a step into character development and we see how awesome Amon is.

Then there's the Hetalia fandom.

THANK YOU! I loved the character development in episode 4. I did like the introduction of Asami because it did cause some friction among the ranks of the characters. But I like watching and seeing how things turn out. I don't believe by any means I like one couple so I think they should be together no matter what.

During episode 4, I was impressed by Amon.
He's playing psychological games with Korra--and enjoying it.
While she's terrified and finally admits to being afraid of something.

I personally don't care for shipping, mainly because I'm not interested in romance.
But I just dislike when everyone starts saying things like Asami is working for Amon because she's rich, pretty, and seducing Mako better than Korra.
emotion_donotwant

Totally feel the same way, Shippers can get extreme, like any group.

Nevertheless, I do kinda think Asami is working for Amon, just because it just seems too fishy for all of the things that Asami and her father are doing. Someone else in the forum even brought up that Sato's Satomobiles are one of the few things that benders don't seem to have an integral part of in the city. So, maybe Amon and Asami are working together--she will get the company, so maybe Amon messed with her, so she is working for him--or even believes what he is saying so is working for Amon. In my thoughts, what is the best way to get to the Avatar? Look normal, get near her in a romantic if not platonic way, or get to someone else. Amon is smart, he knows how to mess with people, so he knows that she is at least friends with her fellow players, so get a pretty girl there, and voila--you get a spy, and you get more psychological warfare when the time comes to tell that she is a spy, or you use her after the fact when they are dealing with another problem.

That is my opinion personally, but hey, I may be wrong. They might be the couple that lasts and Korra and Bolin are the other couple.

I also really want to know more about Amon--'cause I think he is a bender, and trying to get all of the other benders powerless to control the world. Or maybe there is more--I dunno.

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
You do realize that not all yaoi shippers ship just yaoi, right? And not all of them are deranged and rabid? 'Cause, um, I ship both yaoi and hetero, and I don't think myself rabid. I don't wish harm on Asami or Korra, I like both ships concerning Mako, but I don't care for just BolinxKorra. I also don't go crashing ship threads unless they piss me off, so no, I don't shove my ships in people's faces. Just next time, keep in mind that some yaoi fans are not stupid/immature/rabid when talking about them. It's kind of offensive. I know a lot are, but not all of us.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Gwendilyne

Yes they are like. Mainly because "shipping" and all the stuff involved with it are made up terms for this stuff. If I were to take shipping by it's actual meaning I would be lead to assume people are sending packages to places. I'm figuring this all out at an outsider. Pairing to characters has not always had a name other then "pairing". This stuff is all fandom type crap made up by people so no I don't know it all because I'm horribly out of the loop with these things. I don't have a twitter, I've never been to Tumbler so I don't know all these things. All the terms used for shipping and the things about it are not taught in school. So yes it is the same thing because if you got onto an MMO with no idea what MMO lingo is if someone told you to look out for a PKer you would have no way of knowing what they were talking about.

"Shipping" is more or less the forum-slang of "pairing". You really can't take the word by it's literal definition. It really isn't some "fandom crap" as people are all forums, ranging from Gaia, to Tumblr, to other anime forums, etc use the term. I'm not sure how it was coined, but obviously the word is really has stuck. (See bolded). Most MMO lingo is similar to regular chat lingo. For example with "afk", "brb", "rflol" , etc, well the other terms don't take that much time to learn it. Usually you can find a guide easily with thee lingos. Some MMO sites even provide one in their forum. Furthermore you don't need to have Tumblr or Twitter to know the word. "Shipping" existed before Tumblr and Twitter.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Traumends

She (or he?) will keep arguing and telling you to get out into the world until you give in. ;o

Foolish child, ignorance is not a bliss. First of all, I'm not trying to have the OP give in to anything. Don't make absurd assumptions that will only make you look stupid.

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
II_iMuddy_II
Traumends

Foolish child, ignorance is not a bliss. First of all, I'm not trying to have the OP give in to anything. Don't make absurd assumptions that will only make you look stupid.

Lol. I think someone got upset.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Traumends
Gwendilyne
II_iMuddy_II
Gwendilyne
]

Again I said it was not logic. Hate is an emotion and in most cases emotion is not associated with logic. And, "interpret in a way that suit themselves" is exactly what I said only worded differently so you're only backing what I said and the reason I don't like it. I have yet to see one argument where each side was not blinded by their own views. The only pairing debates I've seen that weren't like this were by non-shippers. They appear to be the only people who can looking at things from both views.

No I am not backing up what you're saying. You're failing to comprehend my words. What you said is "insist and twisting one's creations to to suit their weird fantasies", that is completely different from what I said. What i mean is that fans are interpreting the author's work in different way. It does not mean that they are "twisting the information presented to them", but they view it differently, not in a negative way. In most cases, emotions are not associated with logic, but in some cases it is.
(See bolded) Define what you mean by "blinded by their own views". Some people may be completely oblivious to the opposition's case, others refuse to acknowledge the opposite side due to the stupidity presented. (See bolded). You need to get out in the world.

Alright. You're completely right I'm wrong. I still hate shippers, fanfics and yoai fangirls. But you're right and you can go to bed tonight knowing you won. Congratulations! You made me see that light! Or at least you got me to agree with you to shut you up so you'll leave.

Yeah I've figured that out.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
II_iMuddy_II
Gwendilyne

Yes they are like. Mainly because "shipping" and all the stuff involved with it are made up terms for this stuff. If I were to take shipping by it's actual meaning I would be lead to assume people are sending packages to places. I'm figuring this all out at an outsider. Pairing to characters has not always had a name other then "pairing". This stuff is all fandom type crap made up by people so no I don't know it all because I'm horribly out of the loop with these things. I don't have a twitter, I've never been to Tumbler so I don't know all these things. All the terms used for shipping and the things about it are not taught in school. So yes it is the same thing because if you got onto an MMO with no idea what MMO lingo is if someone told you to look out for a PKer you would have no way of knowing what they were talking about.

"Shipping" is more or less the forum-slang of "pairing". You really can't take the word by it's literal definition. It really isn't some "fandom crap" as people are all forums, ranging from Gaia, to Tumblr, to other anime forums, etc use the term. I'm not sure how it was coined, but obviously the word is really has stuck. (See bolded). Most MMO lingo is similar to regular chat lingo. For example with "afk", "brb", "rflol" , etc, well the other terms don't take that much time to learn it. Usually you can find a guide easily with thee lingos. Some MMO sites even provide one in their forum. Furthermore you don't need to have Tumblr or Twitter to know the word. "Shipping" existed before Tumblr and Twitter.

I feel like Sokka with how much I'm face palming right now. I've played MMOs and the lingo goes much further then afk brb and rflol. Yes guides cover the standard chat lingo but each MMO has more then just that depending on the game, servers and even channel. Different for names, monsters, guilds, dungeons, and even users. Thing you can only learn as you can only learn by being exposed enough to it. Things you kind of learn by playing. My comparison is that I'm learning all this as I'm exposed to it. In a way it's sort of a subculture full of a group of people who often interact with each other. Much like players of an MMO. And I say Twitter and Tumbler because they are places this subculture now frequents much like many others making those places a good place to be exposed to this stuff and thus learn these things. But I'm not interested in this stuff so I avoid it. I get most exposure from shippers who bring up their couple in threads not about shipping in all parts of Gaia. So I go with what I observe and read. And from what I observed and read I don't like shippers. Making sense yet?

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Traumends
II_iMuddy_II
Traumends

Lol. I think someone got upset.

I've gotten the impression that she's one of those know it all people who likes to look down on others and tell them how stupid they are. At least she's repeatedly insulted my inelegance because I'm not agreeing with her and now your's when you haven't made any argument other then to tell me to give up talking to her is a fruitless effort which is only backing my theory.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Dove_of_Dawn
You do realize that not all yaoi shippers ship just yaoi, right? And not all of them are deranged and rabid? 'Cause, um, I ship both yaoi and hetero, and I don't think myself rabid. I don't wish harm on Asami or Korra, I like both ships concerning Mako, but I don't care for just BolinxKorra. I also don't go crashing ship threads unless they piss me off, so no, I don't shove my ships in people's faces. Just next time, keep in mind that some yaoi fans are not stupid/immature/rabid when talking about them. It's kind of offensive. I know a lot are, but not all of us.

Sorry hun I've watch too many fangirls ship straight guys for so long. They way I see it if you choose to be a yaoi fangirl ya gotta live with the haters to enjoy what ya like. I have nothing against Yaoi anime/manga and such but I don't like non-yaoi characters paired. I also don't like Yaoi fangirls. And most are really annoying. I know I've met a lot. If you break this stereotype of annoying Yaoi fangirls then I applaud you. But you're still gonna have to be deal with haters like me because the majority of your people are obnoxious f** hags. I'm sorry but there wouldn't be any stereotypes if there weren't any truth behind them.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Traumends
I've never liked shippers, and the Korra shippers are getting really annoying. ;o

Currently I'm not trusting Asami either. She's just too fishy. I could be wrong and she could be a good guy but for now I don't trust her.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Miya_FROZEN
User Image

Honestly fan girls scare me. My best friend is a fan girl and she makes sure not to do it around me because she'll have me backing away and hiding somewhere. But It could also be the fact that I don't have those kind of feelings. I can't be obsessed with anything.......other than pirates

User Image

My favorite fictional character of all time is Shinji Hirako. I collect all the pictures and art I can of him on my computer. He's my current desktop and on my firefox browser layout. I don't ever do the fangirl screech but when he comes on I'm all like, 'Shhh Shinji's on. s**t just got serious.'

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Gwendilyne
Traumends

Currently I'm not trusting Asami either. She's just too fishy. I could be wrong and she could be a good guy but for now I don't trust her.

I understand that, but most Makorra fans are hating on her solely for the fact that Mako is fawning over her right now. They don't base it on anything else. :/
She does seem fishy, but I still like her. : )

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Gwendilyne
Dove_of_Dawn

Sorry hun I've watch too many fangirls ship straight guys for so long. They way I see it if you choose to be a yaoi fangirl ya gotta live with the haters to enjoy what ya like. I have nothing against Yaoi anime/manga and such but I don't like non-yaoi characters paired. I also don't like Yaoi fangirls. And most are really annoying. I know I've met a lot. If you break this stereotype of annoying Yaoi fangirls then I applaud you. But you're still gonna have to be deal with haters like me because the majority of your people are obnoxious f** hags. I'm sorry but there wouldn't be any stereotypes if there weren't any truth behind them.

Oh, I completely understand. -_-; I hate most of my group too, so, I can accept your hate. :3 I just wanted to point out that there are a very small majority that are held captive with duck tape and rope while the others run about screaming like retarded monkey like children.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff