Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Lover

I feel like everyone here is focused on Asami being a villan but something about Tarlock irks me as well?

Tenzin said that the task force was another " ploy to get himself more power " and he seemed really bent on getting Korra to join in, and I feel like he has a hidden motive for it.

What do you guys think?

Generous Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
I'm guessing he wants to use her to get to the top and maybe take over with benders.
Hardly a hidden motive, seeing as Tenzin already said that its just a ploy for power and the creators have made it painfully obvious hes up to no good

Asami is more interesting to examine.

Hunter

I don't think Tarlock is a "bad guy", I think he's just power hungry.

I don't think Asami is going to turn out to be bad either. Nothing about her or her father gets on my radar so far. They just seem like wealthy non-benders with no hidden agendas. In fact her father seems really nice. He even said he came from humble origins and worked his way to become a successful businessman.

Shy Friend

11,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Timid 100
Not sure why, but my gut says Tarlock is in tight with Amon. Or is Amon himself.

I mean, the way I see it, with how Tarlock pressured Korra to join the task force, only to have the media spread it around about what they did when she did join the task force, and from there caused Korra to challenge Amon himself... In the end this probably made the Equalists see Korra and the council more like enemies of non-benders. If anything to them learning chi blocking was their way of self defense against benders and it was like the council and Korra saying "No, you can't defend yourselves. We can just push you around and you have to take it." And now I'm just rambling. sweatdrop

That's just what I think. :shrug:
*Tarrlok, you all are welcome.

Anyways. Tarrlok is just an a**, me thinks. I mean he obviously will go pretty far to get what he wants... never a good sign.

Dapper Capitalist

I just want to know one thing.
Why does he smell like a lady?

Time-traveling Senshi

I think what probably doesn't sit right with you, and the one thing that Tenzin doesn't like, about Tarrlok is that he resorts to intimidation, bribery, and kickbacks in order to get what he wants out of people. I'd have to watch the scene with the council a second time but to me it seems as though he rushed the vote and didn't give the other council members a chance to discuss and debate the necessity of a task force in order to deal with Amon. He kept throwing around the fact that Tenzin's father had to deal with a similar threat to the city when Tenzin was just a child. Then there was the increasingly expensive gifts to Korra to get her to warm up to the idea of him. First the ridiculously huge flower arrangement and gift basket and then the luxury convertible Satomobile that we see Ikki playing around in.

He barged in on a peaceful family moment right in the middle of Tenzin's blessing of the meal (which I was glad Mike and Bryan had in the episode) and gave Korra no choice but to attend a reception for her that turned out to be an ambush by the press. I have no doubt that Tarrlok told them to push the issue of her being at the Equalist rally and not doing a thing to stop Amon from taking the bending from Lightning Bolt Zolt in order to pressure her into joining his cause. He's a very intimidating figure and he's the type of person who will not let up until you have no choice but to say yes. People like that can very easily make a person very uncomfortable when they're around them because there's just no easy way to say no and have it stick. And you know, for as much as I don't like Tarrlok's personality he works as a character because he seems just like the kind of individual, outside of the bending mafia groups, that would use the fact he's a bender to keep the non influential non benders of the city under his thumb and fearful of what he might do through his place on the city council.

Tarrlok is definitely going to be someone to be wary of in the coming episodes, especially if he has knowledge to things that Korra told Tenzin in private.

Fatcat

Tarlock will most likely end up ******** something up. It's inevitable.
For now I'll just focus on other problems and whatnot in the series.

Fluffy Creature

I just think he wants more political power, possibly rule Republic City, but I think he's very much on the side of benders. A total a**, but honestly trying to get rid of the Equalists (and use getting rid of the Equalists to get himself more power).

Dapper Capitalist

Troy the confuzed
I just think he wants more political power, possibly rule Republic City, but I think he's very much on the side of benders. A total a**, but honestly trying to get rid of the Equalists (and use getting rid of the Equalists to get himself more power).

I think he might end up being the new Zhao of this series, except for the good guys.
He'll come up with some totally crazy and extremist plan to deal with the equalists, and end up just ******** everything up for everyone.

Interesting Lunatic

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
amrcndt324
Not sure why, but my gut says Tarlock is in tight with Amon. Or is Amon himself.

I mean, the way I see it, with how Tarlock pressured Korra to join the task force, only to have the media spread it around about what they did when she did join the task force, and from there caused Korra to challenge Amon himself... In the end this probably made the Equalists see Korra and the council more like enemies of non-benders. If anything to them learning chi blocking was their way of self defense against benders and it was like the council and Korra saying "No, you can't defend yourselves. We can just push you around and you have to take it." And now I'm just rambling. sweatdrop

That's just what I think. :shrug:

that actually makes much sense, Tarrlock could be Amon! think about it for a second, he isnt actually on the island when Korra want's to duel, but we dont know if he snuck on the island after he reassures Tenzin that its safe, as safe as it can be. emotion_eyebrow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff