Welcome to Gaia! ::

To be honest I don't think Amon is taking away their bending...
I think he is just using very powerful Chi Blocking to damage their chi flow in their mind that disable them to bend...

Because...I doubt the spirits would tell Amon...

What do you guys think?

900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gaian 50
very powerful chi blocking.
tbh, I think he's crazy when he said that he met the spirits

Wheezing Fatcat

5,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I would like to believe that the spirits haven't betrayed the avatar in favour of Amon. That guy is pretty evil neutral

I like the idea that he is using powerful chi blocking on the head to prevent them from bending. It's very plausible.
Yeah, that could be it lol.
I thought the same thing. ^^

4,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • First step to fame 200
That would make it possible for him to take korra's bending away, but she could regain it later bu "un-blocking" her chi
That would be so intense!

Greedy Giver

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ditto

thats what i hope for anyways
emotion_dowant

Magical Shoujo

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
0ForestLights0
I think he is just using very powerful Chi Blocking to damage their chi flow in their mind that disable them to bend...

What do you guys think?

I have a theory. Here it is.

Well it has to do with Avatar The Last Airbender. I don't know if you remember but Azula actually succeded in killing Aang in that show but he was revived by Katara. During that brief moment he was dead maybe somehow the avatar cycle began again but having Aang revived broke that cycle before it was completed creating an imperfect avatar reincarnation that could only enter the spirit world but had no bending abilities. This imperfect incarnation being Amon. Then once the avatar died of old age (or whatever he died from) the cycle began once more creating a more solid avatar reincarnate (by solid I mean that they were able to bend) this being named Korra by her parents. Amon is the imperfect reincarnate having no bending abilities with the sole ability being energybending to take away peoples bending. Maybe with each bender he rids of bending he gets more powerful, gets more whole. So when he said he won't take away her bending yet maybe he was hinting at not being powerful enough yet to not be absorbed by Korra thus making her whole. He wants to take away her bending and everyone elses to become not only whole but the sole bender in the entire world. It would also explain why Korra hasn't been able to enter the spirit world.

Ofcourse this is just a theory that can be true but it may also not be true. Who knows.

Intellectual Lunatic

I think it's temporary

Beloved Noob

(。´∀`。)♡
[ Honestly, that is just what I was thinking. Its very suspicious because when he 'takes away bending' he puts his hand on the benders head..and if it connects with the mind then the mind wouldn't be able to make a better chi flow and just makes a more of a blockage for a period of time rather than just hitting a benders chi points. On the other hand, its strange how Korra can't connect with the spirit world and that Amon might be becoming stronger every time he flows a benders chi inside of his body. That's why he said he wants to save Korra for last so he can become more powerful when the time is at its peak. In my opinion though. ]
iLunar Star
0ForestLights0

What do you guys think?

Well it has to do with Avatar The Last Airbender. I don't know if you remember but Azula actually succeded in killing Aang in that show but he was revived by Katara. During that brief moment he was dead maybe somehow the avatar cycle began again but having Aang revived broke that cycle before it was completed creating an imperfect avatar reincarnation that could only enter the spirit world but had no bending abilities. This imperfect incarnation being Amon. Then once the avatar died of old age (or whatever he died from) the cycle began once more creating a more solid avatar reincarnate (by solid I mean that they were able to bend) this being named Korra by her parents. Amon is the imperfect reincarnate having no bending abilities with the sole ability being energybending to take away peoples bending. Maybe with each bender he rids of bending he gets more powerful, gets more whole. So when he said he won't take away her bending yet maybe he was hinting at not being powerful enough yet to not be absorbed by Korra thus making her whole. He wants to take away her bending and everyone elses to become not only whole but the sole bender in the entire world. It would also explain why Korra hasn't been able to enter the spirit world.

Ofcourse this is just a theory that can be true but it may also not be true. Who knows.

Hmm, I never seen that episode because I never did watch much episodes of them. -__- But that does make sense though. It is possible. hmm. And yeah that's true. Never thought of that.

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
0ForestLights0
iLunar Star
0ForestLights0

What do you guys think?

Hmm, I never seen that episode because I never did watch much episodes of them. -__- But that does make sense though. It is possible. hmm. And yeah that's true. Never thought of that.

Lol thank goodness you see the possibility.
I made a thread on this and people just keep bashing my theory saying it's dumb and that if h had died in the avatar state there'd be no more avatars...
Man some people are so...
Urgh!
When I first heard of it, I honestly thought that Amon was somehow taught energybending from the Lion-Turtle thing. Seeing as how that's the way Aang learned it in the first series before his showdown with Sozin, I couldn't think of any other way Amon would have learned that. Both of them put their fingers on the target's forehead and do the magical thing and whatnot, save for Amon the exception of no fancy lights shining out of his eyeballs and mouth. /shrugs
Dunno, I could be wrong. But that's my first impression when I saw the episode revealing his power.

Springtime Explorer

12,815 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Lets hope!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers