Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have noticed a few things about Suyin Beifong besides her awesomeness towards Team Avatar, her forgiveness towards everyone with a shady past, and her awesome city that she helped build with her metalbending. She seems to share the same ideals as the Red Lotus.

Now, hear me out. I believe it was either episode 6 or 7, but her and Korra were talking to each other and Korra mentions the Earth Queen. Suyin replies:

"Oh, the Earth Queen! What a horrible woman! She thinks she can do whatever she wants just because she's the queen. Besides, the very idea of having a queen is outdated..."

I don't know about you guys, but it seems that Suyin may or may not be an ex-Red Lotus member. And I say she was a member once in time because she helped Team Avatar in numerous ways. She didn't keep them there as prisoners, she didn't try to capture Korra, and she had a hard time accepting Aiwei as part of the Red Lotus.

However, if she was indeed once part of them, she would say something along the lines of President Raiko stepping down or the Water Tribe chieftains needing to go. Maybe bringing up the Fire Lord stepping down from power, as well.

What do you guys think? Are there any other theories you guys have in Book 3?

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I doubt that she's an ex-lotus, but I could see her becoming a future lotus very easily. She has a less-than traditional mindset, which is something they all (the red lotus members) share, but it makes no sense for her to have fought against the Red Lotus members in defense of Korra, as opposed to helping them succeed by sabotaging their rescue attempt of her. I imagine, at some point in the future, that the Red Lotus's views will become another wedge between her and her sister, though.
Dio Exodus
I doubt that she's an ex-lotus, but I could see her becoming a future lotus very easily. She has a less-than traditional mindset, which is something they all (the red lotus members) share, but it makes no sense for her to have fought against the Red Lotus members in defense of Korra, as opposed to helping them succeed by sabotaging their rescue attempt of her. I imagine, at some point in the future, that the Red Lotus's views will become another wedge between her and her sister, though.

Ah, I did not think of that. Very good observation! But I say ex because she may have been against the capturing of the Avatar and she ran from them, building Zaofu as a safe haven. It could still be true.

But her joining up would be an immense character change. Shift from good-to-bad and even the Elite 4 may have a shift from bad-to-good.
Ex?
Idk anymore.
They are targeting her daughter n ish. Don't sound like they were ever friendly.
Very nice,didn't notice it.

I'm honestly strapping myself in for the crazy ride and just watching the story unfold. No idea's or anything. ^^
Owchy crying

I'm honestly strapping myself in for the crazy ride and just watching the story unfold. No idea's or anything. ^^

I always love these crazy fan theories. They're always so interesting and fun! Some are pretty weird, though...
Zettadude
Owchy crying

I always love these crazy fan theories. They're always so interesting and fun! Some are pretty weird, though...

Yeah..>< Ugh.

Ruthless Bunny

Doubt it personally, hey had MingHau had opal in her clutches.
I wouldn't be too surprised if she had some sort of association with Red Lotus, since Aiwei seemed nervous when suggested he interrogate Suyin to find the traitor. Maybe Aiwei took the blame as the only traitor, so they wouldn't suspect Suyin as well?

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

18,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Invisibility 100
Zettadude
I have noticed a few things about Suyin Beifong besides her awesomeness towards Team Avatar, her forgiveness towards everyone with a shady past, and her awesome city that she helped build with her metalbending. She seems to share the same ideals as the Red Lotus.

Now, hear me out. I believe it was either episode 6 or 7, but her and Korra were talking to each other and Korra mentions the Earth Queen. Suyin replies:

"Oh, the Earth Queen! What a horrible woman! She thinks she can do whatever she wants just because she's the queen. Besides, the very idea of having a queen is outdated..."

I don't know about you guys, but it seems that Suyin may or may not be an ex-Red Lotus member. And I say she was a member once in time because she helped Team Avatar in numerous ways. She didn't keep them there as prisoners, she didn't try to capture Korra, and she had a hard time accepting Aiwei as part of the Red Lotus.

However, if she was indeed once part of them, she would say something along the lines of President Raiko stepping down or the Water Tribe chieftains needing to go. Maybe bringing up the Fire Lord stepping down from power, as well.

I wanted to agree with the part of the fandom that she is an ex-red lotus member up until episode 11. I don't think that scene would of happened if she was formerly apart of the group.

8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
I saw this picture on a FB page. eek
I have no clue what it's from though and it's an odd picture. It kinda looks like it was taken offa tv.

Possible big time spoiler!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, I see that someone in here mentioned that Ming-Hua had Opal. I remember in that last episode that she had someone as something as a hostage but in my memory it was Jinora. So in my head I'm thinking, where was Opal the entire time when she was suppose to be with the other Airbenders at the temple?

9,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Zettadude

It is an interesting theory but I think that Su Yin is meant to be the opposite end of the Red Lotus. Same ideals but different methods. I thin Su Yin wants the world to evolve past kings and queens. The Red Lotus wants to restart the world through chaos. Basically her opinions are there to counter balance the Red Lotus.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff