Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pazoo's Fangirl

Shy Specter

Every main element seems to have divisions, but I can't recall if there was one for air.

Earth- Metal/Sand
Water- Blood/Swamp
Fire- Lightning
Air-?

If you know if there was one for air, what was it?
Also what are you views on the subclasses? 3nodding

Edit: I put swamp bending in its rightful place,
Nightly Lullaby
Every main element seems to have divisions, but I can't recall if there was one for air.

Earth- Metal/Sand/Swamp
Water- Blood/ice?
Fire- Lightning
Air-?

I think I remember Aang back in the northpole spawning some tornado or some junk like that. Maybe is was on the trip there he did it? Storm bending?

Pazoo's Fangirl

Shy Specter

PhoenixDownxx
Nightly Lullaby

Earth- Metal/Sand/Swamp
Water- Blood/ice?
Fire- Lightning
Air-?

I think I remember Aang back in the northpole spawning some tornado or some junk like that. Maybe is was on the trip there he did it? Storm bending?

Hmm, I don't remember that. I'll have to go look. I think storm bending would be cool, but that's like combining all the elements in one I think. I thought it may have been something more spiritual because most airbenders were monks sweatdrop
Nightly Lullaby
PhoenixDownxx
Nightly Lullaby

Earth- Metal/Sand/Swamp
Water- Blood/ice?
Fire- Lightning
Air-?

Hmm, I don't remember that. I'll have to go look. I think storm bending would be cool, but that's like combining all the elements in one I think. I thought it may have been something more spiritual because most airbenders were monks sweatdrop

Well, I think Aang actually did that water tornado in the first couple episodes. It's been so long, my head isn't in the right place with the old series.

Codebreaking Genius

12,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Team Edward 100
The swamp people are water benders, not earth benders. That's why the can paddle boats with bending.

Chimera_69's Husbando

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Nightly Lullaby

Earth- Metal/Sand/Swamp
Water- Blood/ice?
Fire- Lightning
Air-?

I think swamp being goes with water bending.

Pazoo's Fangirl

Shy Specter

Hacker Edward Tivrusky IV
The swamp people are water benders, not earth benders. That's why the can paddle boats with bending.

Oops, my bad.

Premium Tycoon

8,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
What I know is, Air does not have a subclass. ((I hope Korra invents one!! emotion_kirakira ))

Pazoo's Fangirl

Shy Specter

Lady Madelina
What I know is, Air does not have a subclass. ((I hope Korra invents one!! emotion_kirakira ))

It would be really cool for her to invent a whole new subclass. Talk about making a statement as the new avatar. "Aang saved the world? Naah, Korra invented ___-Bending"

Pazoo's Fangirl

Shy Specter

PhoenixDownxx
Nightly Lullaby
PhoenixDownxx
Nightly Lullaby

Earth- Metal/Sand/Swamp
Water- Blood/ice?
Fire- Lightning
Air-?

Well, I think Aang actually did that water tornado in the first couple episodes. It's been so long, my head isn't in the right place with the old series.

I don't think that would be a subclass then (x That would just be Aang whipping out his nooby water bending skills.
Nightly Lullaby
PhoenixDownxx
Nightly Lullaby
PhoenixDownxx
Nightly Lullaby

Earth- Metal/Sand/Swamp
Water- Blood/ice?
Fire- Lightning
Air-?

I don't think that would be a subclass then (x That would just be Aang whipping out his nooby water bending skills.

There you have it then. razz

Dapper Capitalist

The only subclass I could possibly think for airbending is maybe soundbending?

Fashionable Shopper

Nightly Lullaby
Hacker Edward Tivrusky IV

Oops, my bad.
User ImageYeah its not really a subclass either...
The swamp water benders waterbend. The one guy was able to bend the water in the plants and that's something Katara later learned. Ice is also made of water as well. Its not really a subclass either and it was something Katara learned very quickly. But yeah, bloodbending is definitely a subclass and something only a few benders can do.

I would definitely call lightening a subclass- redirecting and throwing it. Azula was most definitely a child prodigy.

I'm not sure that sand is a subclass per-say because sand IS earth. I would say its not something Toph was exposed to as a child which is what made it difficult for her. After all, the sandbenders were called sandbenders because they lived in the sand. That was simply the earth around them. I think if Toph was born in the desert then sand would have been the earth she would have learned to bend. I don't see it as a subclass but a type of earth. Metal, I see that as a subclass simply because it is refined earth and therefore not easily bendable.

I don't really see there being an air subtype simply because i'm not sure there is a good one. I would have chosen lightening because usually it comes from the sky, however they gave that to fire. I guess they could throw electricity but that's pretty much the same as lightening. You would need something air related.....

Beloved Fatcat

swamp comes from waterbending.

Dapper Capitalist

LilPinkCandy

I'm not sure that sand is a subclass per-say because sand IS earth. I would say its not something Toph was exposed to as a child which is what made it difficult for her. After all, the sandbenders were called sandbenders because they lived in the sand. That was simply the earth around them. I think if Toph was born in the desert then sand would have been the earth she would have learned to bend. I don't see it as a subclass but a type of earth. Metal, I see that as a subclass simply because it is refined earth and therefore not easily bendable.

I would call sandbending a subclass. Even though sand is still basically earth, bending it is still different enough from bending solid earth to grant it subclass status. If you look at the sandbenders, their style is completely different from the typical earthbender, and it more closely resembles the styles used waterbending and airbending. It's still earthbending, but it's still a different type of earthbending which is what a subclass is. Sure a typical earthbender could be able to do it if they were taught, but they can also be taught to metalbend all the same, therefore if metalbending is a subclass then sandbending should be too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff