Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Millionaire

...where did all the new winged lemur and flying bison in Korra come from??

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Not so sure where the wing tailed lemurs came from, but I know that they found a group of bison which they managed to breed.
Maybe the lemurs were never threatened with extinction.
Maybe they left when the genocide begun.

" After the Air Nomad Genocide, Appa was believed to be the last of the flying bison. However, during his adventures after the Hundred Year War, Aang discovered a new herd, and the population started to grow again with colonies of healthy bison residing at all the air temples"
Source: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_bison

Bashful Millionaire

zweet_dreamz

O.o
Huh, well thank you! emotion_yatta

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Accidental Enigma
zweet_dreamz

O.o
Huh, well thank you! emotion_yatta

You're welcome! biggrin

Clever Shapeshifter

14,015 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
Could you imagine being late for a meeting, or school and you show up late with a flying bison behind you.
Just because we only saw one lemurs and one bison in the first series does not mean they were the only ones left. It's not like we saw every since of the wilds in the world of Avatar.

Greedy Capitalist

Those aren't Flying Lemurs.

They're ring-tailed somethings. I forgot what, but they're not the same species as Momo.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
iKarnezar
Those aren't Flying Lemurs.

They're ring-tailed somethings. I forgot what, but they're not the same species as Momo.

They are closely related to Momo's kind..

Going by Avi Wiki:

The ring-tailed winged lemur is a small animal closely related to the winged lemur. The species was discovered after the end of the Hundred Year War, and these creatures currently reside at the different air temples.

Bashful Millionaire

Nafretiti

iKarnezar

Yaknow I was also thinking that; their eyes are completely different and they seem to be just a little different in their body build and everything.

Quotable Noob

7,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Here's what it says about the lemurs in "Welcome to Republic City" (game on nick.com):

"Ring-tailed winged lemurs are closely related to winged lemurs...A colony of ring-tailed lemurs live on Air Temple Island amongst the sky bison and people. Momo, Aang's beloved pet, was a rare and endangered winged lemur that lived in the Southern Air Temple."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff