Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

eregantu_hana
Is anyone else upset about how the Councilman tricked Korra into joining the task force?
It's pathetic.
The point in aiding the avatar is NOT to use bully tactics and underhanded moves in order to coax her into doing what you want.
He's a poor, and I daresay corrupt, representative of the water tribe.

I can't wait for his immediate sacking because I'll enjoy every last moment of it.

Nimble Explorer

eregantu_hana
Is anyone else upset about how the Councilman tricked Korra into joining the task force?

I thought it was brilliant, and that I totally should have seen it coming.

Absolutely douchey, don't get me wrong, I wanna kick him in the jimmies just as much as anyone else for pulling that s**t, but brilliantly underhanded. Played like a true politician.

Which will make his eventual comeuppance even more satisfying to watch.

Devoted Explorer

Omikuji
Everyone missed on how awesome Amon was being all evil and brilliant threatening Korra that way at the end, and missed Korras really big step in development that happened quickly and made sense...

All cause of shipping. ;~; booo.

I loved the way Korra had a cry when she admitted her fear, and needed a hug since throughout the whole episode she was focused on hiding it. Amons a huge threat cause he's show he's not afraid to make a threat that big, using Korra to spread his fear and gaining power. Just damn, what a badass.

I'm really curious to why she had that flash back, I think it was Aang trying to tell Korra a hint about Amon. That one waterbender mentioned something about a guy that happened fifty years ago, must be an connection there...

Just damn this episode is awesome. I feel bad for Asami though, she's a real sweetheart that I can relate to on the money part wanting to help out people since she has that ability to. And is supporting what she enjoys, probending.

I like her, hope it wont just be her relationship with Mako the whole time. I'd like her an active part of the team being the driver possibly. She'll make a valuable team mate if people would stop the bitching of her being in Makos eye.

Personally, I thought Amon was such a coward

Of course he has to GET HIS MEN to do his dirtywork for him before he go all and says "I could take away your bending now if i wanted lol" Well of course you could, but you needed like twenty people to help you. He says she isnt ready for him, but this tactic makes me think that he isnt exactly ready for her either. >:Y

I'm assuming that a lot of Avatars get flashbacks like these when their in trouble. Aang gotten them all of the time and even gotten advice from a few.

Asami personally i like her, if she didnt seem like such a traitor waiting to happen. Shes a sweetie, and i really do like her. But I can see them betraying the gang at one point eventually. I hope the writers prove me wrong though!!! ><

Devoted Explorer

TheDrunkenApothecary
eregantu_hana
It's pathetic.
The point in aiding the avatar is NOT to use bully tactics and underhanded moves in order to coax her into doing what you want.
He's a poor, and I daresay corrupt, representative of the water tribe.

I can't wait for his immediate sacking because I'll enjoy every last moment of it.

Better words have not been spoken.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
DimiDizy6d
Omikuji
Everyone missed on how awesome Amon was being all evil and brilliant threatening Korra that way at the end, and missed Korras really big step in development that happened quickly and made sense...

I loved the way Korra had a cry when she admitted her fear, and needed a hug since throughout the whole episode she was focused on hiding it. Amons a huge threat cause he's show he's not afraid to make a threat that big, using Korra to spread his fear and gaining power. Just damn, what a badass.

I'm really curious to why she had that flash back, I think it was Aang trying to tell Korra a hint about Amon. That one waterbender mentioned something about a guy that happened fifty years ago, must be an connection there...

Just damn this episode is awesome. I feel bad for Asami though, she's a real sweetheart that I can relate to on the money part wanting to help out people since she has that ability to. And is supporting what she enjoys, probending.

I like her, hope it wont just be her relationship with Mako the whole time. I'd like her an active part of the team being the driver possibly. She'll make a valuable team mate if people would stop the bitching of her being in Makos eye.

Of course he has to GET HIS MEN to do his dirtywork for him before he go all and says "I could take away your bending now if i wanted lol" Well of course you could, but you needed like twenty people to help you. He says she isnt ready for him, but this tactic makes me think that he isnt exactly ready for her either. >:Y

I'm assuming that a lot of Avatars get flashbacks like these when their in trouble. Aang gotten them all of the time and even gotten advice from a few.

Asami personally i like her, if she didnt seem like such a traitor waiting to happen. Shes a sweetie, and i really do like her. But I can see them betraying the gang at one point eventually. I hope the writers prove me wrong though!!! ><

If he went alone, I'd more figure him for a moron since even though Korra said she'd do it alone everyone else had ships and things ready to jump him. And he knew that. As skilled as he is, he's but one non bender vs tons of benders. It's less cowardly and more smart in my opinion, since she really did set it up like a trap and he double backed on it make it a trap of his own. He was prolly very quick when doing that, and made it obvious that Korra is going to need to be way smarter to take him down other then stomping in and try and power her way through beating him. "Maybe there's another way" thought process of airbending she needs to learn 8D

Oh fff I totally forgot about the Aang having flash backs in danger. It seemed a bit like Korras was a bit more hinting a foreshadow which is what that theory came from. Them evil eyes man. They be creepy.

I'm crossing my fingers to Asami not ending up a traitor, since it'd be way too easy. I want her a helpful part of the team damnit D8

Dangerous Visionary

I'm sorry but between Young Justice and Korra I'm just too unstable atm. It usually takes me till tomorrow to discussing things logically. I am enjoying the shipping wars a bit....

Hunter

I like it. When Korra first came in to the show, she was just so headstrong and thought she was such a huge badass. Now she has to deal with real fear. I think it's only through this fear that she's going to be able to find the spiritual side of bending. She is the way she is because she spent her whole life being isolated from the world and immersed in training so she's completely oblivious. I'm interested to see her character progression.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Nah, it's not just you.
I'm glad that the writers added a flashback of Sokka and Toph, just so we can see how they changed in the year.
I also 'aw-ed' when Bolin gave Korra a small gift and a flower for saving him.
So sweet! whee

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

That moment with Amon at the end made me fangasm with delight. emotion_kirakira

THIS GUY > OZAI AND AZULA

Also, somebody needs to write the Gaston song with Tarrlok. emotion_awesome

Korra crying in Tenzin's arms was the sweetest thing ever.

um what else

OH

Tahno in the preview.

I want to marry his voice and keep it in a box.

no wait I'm already engaged to Amon's voice.

WUT DO. gonk

also, Asami is hot.

Devoted Explorer

Omikuji
DimiDizy6d
Omikuji

If he went alone, I'd more figure him for a moron since even though Korra said she'd do it alone everyone else had ships and things ready to jump him. And he knew that. As skilled as he is, he's but one non bender vs tons of benders. It's less cowardly and more smart in my opinion, since she really did set it up like a trap and he double backed on it make it a trap of his own. He was prolly very quick when doing that, and made it obvious that Korra is going to need to be way smarter to take him down other then stomping in and try and power her way through beating him. "Maybe there's another way" thought process of airbending she needs to learn 8D

Oh fff I totally forgot about the Aang having flash backs in danger. It seemed a bit like Korras was a bit more hinting a foreshadow which is what that theory came from. Them evil eyes man. They be creepy.

I'm crossing my fingers to Asami not ending up a traitor, since it'd be way too easy. I want her a helpful part of the team damnit D8

...Good point. I honestly forgotten about the backup benders on the side. Though, I was under the assumption that Korra didnt know about the backup men in the background since she just charged in, but that changes everything if she did.

I am pretty much psyched though for all character develoupimg for all of the characters in the show, especially Korra! I really am just psyched for the next episodes !!

And i know for a FACT that Aang will be making a spiritual appearance sooner or later, gaaaah.
I am also kind of upset how little she really uses waterbending. I mean, while I understand that Katara wasn't the Avatar, she ALWAYS had water pouches at her disposal. I very firmly believe that if Korra had actually used waterbending during her first encounter with the Equalist Chi Blockers, she may have actually stood a fighting chance because she could snare one or two of them in water, then freeze them. I don't like how little she uses her natural element...

Shapeshifter

eregantu_hana
I am also kind of upset how little she really uses waterbending. I mean, while I understand that Katara wasn't the Avatar, she ALWAYS had water pouches at her disposal. I very firmly believe that if Korra had actually used waterbending during her first encounter with the Equalist Chi Blockers, she may have actually stood a fighting chance because she could snare one or two of them in water, then freeze them. I don't like how little she uses her natural element...

i think earth and fire actually suit her personality more than water and she's been bending all three of them for about the same amount of time. it's not like Aang where he only knew air bending then learned the rest.

Questionable Codger

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Gender Swap 100
eregantu_hana
This. If she didn't wear Water Tribe clothes, I would think she was Fire Nation.

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
This episode sort of cemented my love for Tenzin. I already liked him, but his nurturing of Korra made me go "YOU sir are awesome."
Aetherfall
This episode sort of cemented my love for Tenzin. I already liked him, but his nurturing of Korra made me go "YOU sir are awesome."
Agree

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces