Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who do you think Korra will NOT return the bending for?

Mafia Members/ Leaders 0.50310559006211 50.3% [ 81 ]
Police Members/ Officers 0.031055900621118 3.1% [ 5 ]
Tahno 0.055900621118012 5.6% [ 9 ]
Minor Pro-Bending People 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 7 ]
Lin BeiFong. LOLJK. 0.080745341614907 8.1% [ 13 ]
Pabu 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 46 ]
Total Votes:[ 161 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Kotatsu-kun

Taking away someone's bending is not a skill of a bloodbender. Aang wasn't a bloodbender, and he did it. It's a spiritual thing. If you watched the series, Tarlokk even says that he doesn't know how Amon used his bloodbending to take their bending away.

I imagine it has something to do with messing with the energy or the chi pathways. It's said that when waterbenders heal, they're redirecting the energy in the body. I imagine that Amon was able to use his high bloodbending skills a similar way, but on a much deeper level. He doesn't truly "take away" bending but he does cut off the connection of the bender to the element.

I imagine that Korra will restore bending to everyone except the criminals. What I'd like to know is if she can give bending abilities to non-benders, and the implications a power like that would create.
korra will try to restore the bending to as many people as she can except the bad guys because its her job as the avatar

foolsDiamond's Bride

Shy Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Ryuondo
That Avatar State is gonna wear her the ******** out if that's the case.

Lol, better than her using it constantly for 100 years xD
I think she'll restore Tahno's bending.
She promised him. emotion_awesome

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
I think she would want to restore as many people's bending as possible, because it was not Amon's place to take it away.

Wealthy Entrepreneur

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100
asiyayeryatewrterwkmaossfaagprg
]

Sex Symbol

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
CactusJuicy
PhilliBilliful
What's more interesting to me is if non-benders started going to her to have her try to awaken their inner-bending ability that they've never had before.

That's also what I was thinking. I am not sure if bending is an ability that everyone has deep down but is 'locked'. The Air Nomads are 100% benders because they are so spiritual, which makes me wonder if it is a personality thing. Like more emotional or spiritual people tend to be benders or something. But maybe it is just that the spirits actually 'bless' certain people with bending or something, and since the airbenders are spiritual all of them get bending? Or the air spirits are just super generous? It seems like genetics play into it, but perhaps the spirits would favor certain families. Anyway if nonbenders don't have any bending potential, then it would be interesting if some nonbender claims to have had his bending taken by Amon and comes to Korra, but when she tries to restore bending it doesn't work. Then she is possibly questioning herself why it didn't work. If it happened more then once she might doubt herself somewhat as an avatar and perhaps even people complain.

Oh the possibilities.

Greedy Capitalist

I think Fire Bolt Zolt deserves his bending back. While he is a gang member and probably a drug lord, he should immediately be imprisoned afterward.

Having your bending taken away is a last resort punishment-for those who are truly too evil to exist in the world with it. While extorting innocent people is obviously evil, that can be taken care of by imprisoning Zolt like any other crime lord.

Meanwhile, people like Ozai and Yakone are too strong to be imprisoned.

Sex Symbol

iKarnezar
I think Fire Bolt Zolt deserves his bending back. While he is a gang member and probably a drug lord, he should immediately be imprisoned afterward.

Having your bending taken away is a last resort punishment-for those who are truly too evil to exist in the world with it. While extorting innocent people is obviously evil, that can be taken care of by imprisoning Zolt like any other crime lord.

Hmm... then shouldn't he get his bending after punishment/imprisonment?
It would make sense that after he served the time he could get what he deserves back. Otherwise a jailbreak with that sort of bending power will not do Republic City any good.

Greedy Capitalist

WyvernMiso
iKarnezar

Hmm... then shouldn't he get his bending after punishment/imprisonment?
It would make sense that after he served the time he could get what he deserves back. Otherwise a jailbreak with that sort of bending power will not do Republic City any good.

Nah, I'm more than certain Republic Citys prisons are designed to keep benders in.

Blessed Gaian

11,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Mighty Sam The Overlord
Kotatsu-kun
Mighty Sam The Overlord
well as seen in ch 12 restoring bending isint exactly the speediest process and surely there lots of people wanting there bending back like the arena fighters
also removing bending was the skill of a blood bender i now wonder if this means by restoring bending if this means korra has the ability to blood bend

Taking away someone's bending is not a skill of a bloodbender. Aang wasn't a bloodbender, and he did it. It's a spiritual thing. If you watched the series, Tarlokk even says that he doesn't know how Amon used his bloodbending to take their bending away.

Ha if you listened in detail to any thing they said they talked about this he dident know how he did it but he did still use blood bending to do it and they talked about how only the avatar has been known to have the ability to take away bending that was spiritual but what Amon did with blood bending was not

Ha. If you decided to listen in detail to anything they said, you would've noticed that NO ONE in the entire season ever said anything about taking someone's bending away to be the skill of a bloodbender. You typed "also removing bending was the skill of a blood bender' implying that ALL bloodbenders can take someone's bending away. Amon is the only known bloodbender to have done so. Sure he figured out a way to, but it has nothing to do with it being an inherited power of bloodbenders.

Sex Symbol

Interesting Gaian

6,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
I have voted for Tahno, because I hate him... yet I guess he will have his powers back in the first place razz )
I can`t help myself but there is something between Korra and this ugly ugly ugly ugly (is it a boy, or a girl?) ...

Sex Symbol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces