Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
iDemonheart
Faol_Cailin
I can't believe I'm going to have to watch this online now. I mean, yeah, I watched most of Book 1 and the end of Book 2 online, but only because it aired at such an inconvenient time, which caused me to miss episodes. -_- I have crappy internet connection...This is going to suck--No, it already sucks.

People of Nick...I am now beginning to loath you all. stare

I hear ya! Luckily there weren't any commercials when I watched the latest episode today, and they release it around noon.

But I would still rather have it on the tele!!! D:
I only had a few ads for that new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, but that didn't bother me. What did bother me was the fact that it got a little screwy by the end of the episode. stare

I'm still feeling very loathsome towards the people of Nick at this time.

Golden Noob

23,690 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I find it sad that such a great show has fallen simply because it's on a network that mismanages it in every way. I really hope Korra returns to TV next season,but won't be surprised if it's exclusively online,or even if we don't see it till it's on Blu Ray......either way,I hope that the fanbase keeps fighting for the show,and maybe if we give them enough trouble,perhaps a station like Cartoon Network could get rights to it (I mean it's ratings are so bad,right Nick?) -__-

your mom sucks me's Sweetheart

If they get picked up by some other network I hope it's Netflix. There would be much more mature content that I'm willing to watch.

Romantic Mage

13,325 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
It getting picked up by Netflix is unlikely if not impossible, because I suspect Nickelodeon owns the rights to at least Season 4, and Viacom (Netflix's parent company) has a contract to put out their shows through Amazon (also why TLA is no longer on Netflix). I don't mind it being solely online--I actually prefer it, since I don't have cable and have been watching via streaming sites anyway, and would prefer to watch it on Nick's site where the views actually might matter somewhat--but I do hope it doesn't bode ill for the show's future in general.
RabbitWithATacoHabit
I find it sad that such a great show has fallen simply because it's on a network that mismanages it in every way. I really hope Korra returns to TV next season,but won't be surprised if it's exclusively online,or even if we don't see it till it's on Blu Ray......either way,I hope that the fanbase keeps fighting for the show,and maybe if we give them enough trouble,perhaps a station like Cartoon Network could get rights to it (I mean it's ratings are so bad,right Nick?) -__-
I hope it doesn't go the way of Firefly... Although, if they do do a video version of "The Search" I will be happy.

Seeker

6,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I really don't like the fact that it's becoming online only and I really want Book 4 to be completely aired because around the time it's finished and ready for viewing, it will be the tenth anniversary of A: tLAB. Besides, the show is not update on Hulu plus, so it will be a while for me to watch it on an actual TV (before DVD and Bluray release) and not on my laptop.

And about the whole low ratings thing, it's Nick's fault for not only giving it a proper time slot (preferable near the Ninja Turtles), but not giving it good advertisement since they can clear afford to make advertisements for that not-so-good witch show that can be seen on other networks besides their own.

Welcoming Spirit

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
iDemonheart
Does anyone else feel that it's just a stunt Nick is pulling to gather in their fanbase, get statistics, and then put it back on the air next season or so?

I can't believe that it's because of low ratings, I'm calling bullshit.

scream

Proud fire-bender, btw. emotion_dealwithit

Although it was due to low ratings that caused Legend of Korra to go off the air... it was mostly due to Nick's way of advertising the show that got it screwed over. They didn't do a good job at all getting the word out so newbies (aka new viewers) would not know about this show unless they're already fans of the show or just well informed thanks to the internet.

Luckily, we will be getting more Legend of Korra episodes online and that'll certainly keep it going even to help continue from Book 3 to Book 4. I think it'll even help the creators out more since everyone and their dog basically watches the episodes online anyways lol.

Witty Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
FossilxKing25
iDemonheart
Does anyone else feel that it's just a stunt Nick is pulling to gather in their fanbase, get statistics, and then put it back on the air next season or so?

I can't believe that it's because of low ratings, I'm calling bullshit.

scream

Proud fire-bender, btw. emotion_dealwithit

Although it was due to low ratings that caused Legend of Korra to go off the air... it was mostly due to Nick's way of advertising the show that got it screwed over. They didn't do a good job at all getting the word out so newbies (aka new viewers) would not know about this show unless they're already fans of the show or just well informed thanks to the internet.

Luckily, we will be getting more Legend of Korra episodes online and that'll certainly keep it going even to help continue from Book 3 to Book 4. I think it'll even help the creators out more since everyone and their dog basically watches the episodes online anyways lol.

Dat sig pic tho'.

Fashionable Genius

10,150 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
iDemonheart
Illegitimate Princess

Maybe they'll get picked up by netflix and can start making more mature stories now idk

I hope!!
ღღღღღღღღღღღღღღ

MoonLight
╔•°·══════════════════════════════════════·°•╗

gaia_angelleft { Please Help! Also doing the tip ones. Hive Mind
Mark Twain/Megathread

I really wish Netflix would. I have only seen the first season, but I liked it a lot. I like the first one better but Korra is a pretty cool avatar.
} gaia_angelright

╚•°·══════════════════════════════════════·°•╝

La'Shay

ღღღღღღღღღღღღღღ
I have to fully agree with you on that. Two weeks ago I had NO idea it was being pulled from TV.I was so angry after waiting for it to come on. Ugh!

Oh well,glad it wasnt fully removed and never got to see what happened and left on a forever cliffy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff