Welcome to Gaia! ::

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
So I havent sat down and watched much Legend of Korra yet, but of course ive seen all the memes, gifs, ect everywhere. So before I invest my time I have questions for everyone if you please :3
First: Is it by the same artist as A:tLA (Avatar: the Last Airbender)? If not, does it still look similiar?
Second: Who are the main characters? Children of Zuko, Katara, Aang, Toph, ect? Or their parents? Im confused xD
Third: Do the characters from A:tLA make appearances at all?
Now again, I know Id find all this out if i watch it, but I just want these questions answered before I invest time in it lol. I loved A:tLA :3

Dangerous Lunatic

madelynheston
So I havent sat down and watched much Legend of Korra yet, but of course ive seen all the memes, gifs, ect everywhere. So before I invest my time I have questions for everyone if you please :3
First: Is it by the same artist as A:tLA (Avatar: the Last Airbender)? If not, does it still look similiar?
Second: Who are the main characters? Children of Zuko, Katara, Aang, Toph, ect? Or their parents? Im confused xD
Now again, I know Id find all this out if i watch it, but I just want these questions answered before I invest time in it lol. I loved A:tLA :3

First: Yes, it's still the same artistic directors and looks very similar - just fast forwarded several decades.
Second: the main characters are the next incarnation of the Avatar (Korra) and two nice looking poor guys. Later, a really pretty chick joins them. The MAIN characters have no relation, although Aang+Katara's children, Toph's daughter, and Zuko's grandson are part of the party as well.
Third: At this point - everyone except Katara and Zuko are dead, but we do get to see spirit-Aang, flashback-Toph, and flashback-Sokka. Katara and Zuko (Zuko not yet shown) are pretty old at this point. Katara is basically gran-gran.

Don't go into the show expecting The Airbender: Part II, because you'll get all pissed and whiney about god knows what like half of the butt-hurt frequenters of this forum. The world is a very different place in the Legend of Korra, and you need to watch it with fresh eyes. Remember - 60-70 years in the future. They have cars now. And Jazz. It was also originally just supposed to be 1 season long - so things happen at a much quicker pace than they did in AtLA.

All that said, it's still a damn good show and definitely worth watching.

Quotable Nerd

7,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
madelynheston

Yes, Yes, No, No, 10,042.....jk
1) I belive it is the same artists
2) Korra, Mako, Bolin, Asami
3) Yes, in Korra's flashbacks but older

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
Azula the Phoenix Queen
madelynheston

First: Yes, it's still the same artistic directors and looks very similar - just fast forwarded several decades.
Second: the main characters are the next incarnation of the Avatar (Korra) and two nice looking poor guys. Later, a really pretty chick joins them. The MAIN characters have no relation, although Aang+Katara's children, Toph's daughter, and Zuko's grandson are part of the party as well.
Third: At this point - everyone except Katara and Zuko are dead, but we do get to see spirit-Aang, flashback-Toph, and flashback-Sokka. Katara and Zuko (Zuko not yet shown) are pretty old at this point. Katara is basically gran-gran.
Thank you biggrin that was super helpful :3 I thinkI'll try it out soon!
Don't go into the show expecting The Airbender: Part II, because you'll get all pissed and whiney about god knows what like half of the butt-hurt frequenters of this forum. The world is a very different place in the Legend of Korra, and you need to watch it with fresh eyes. Remember - 60-70 years in the future. They have cars now. And Jazz. It was also originally just supposed to be 1 season long - so things happen at a much quicker pace than they did in AtLA.

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
sophia1004
madelynheston

Yes, Yes, No, No, 10,042.....jk
1) I belive it is the same artists
2) Korra, Mako, Bolin, Asami
3) Yes, in Korra's flashbacks but older

thank you biggrin and lol

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
Azula the Phoenix Queen
madelynheston

ahem. tried to quote you but its not showing up XD Thank you this was very helpful biggrin

Dangerous Lunatic

madelynheston
Azula the Phoenix Queen
madelynheston

ahem. tried to quote you but its not showing up XD Thank you this was very helpful biggrin

It showed up, it's just hiding in what you quoted from me. :-p

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
Azula the Phoenix Queen
madelynheston
Azula the Phoenix Queen
madelynheston

It showed up, it's just hiding in what you quoted from me. :-p

oh ok xD herpderp

Greedy Capitalist

madelynheston

1) Yes, and yes. It looks better actually.

2) Korra, the Avatar from the South Pole. Mako and Bolin, brother orphans. Asami, daughter of an inventor. Tenzin, son of Aang. Lin, daughter of Toph.

3) Katara in the South Pole, and Aang/Sokka/Toph in flashbacks.

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
iKarnezar
madelynheston

1) Yes, and yes. It looks better actually.

2) Korra, the Avatar from the South Pole. Mako and Bolin, brother orphans. Asami, daughter of an inventor. Tenzin, son of Aang. Lin, daughter of Toph.

3) Katara in the South Pole, and Aang/Sokka/Toph in flashbacks.

tank yew :3

Fashionable Swapper

6,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
the legonds of korra wasnt really that bad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash