Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,600 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Why is it that there aren't any Air Benders in Pro-Bending. Is it because they are peaceful and do not associate themselves with the game? or maybe they were in it but i just didn't notice.

Cunning Fox

Isn't it kinda the 1st one?
            Because they're all monks essentially

...right?

Plus any airbenders would've been Aang and Katara's children
            or their children's children,
            And Tenzin seems to be a bit against it
I've got a better theory.

I think there are no air benders in pro bending because.... get this....
There's four of them alive.

I think their names are Tenzin, Meelo, Jinora, and Ikki.

If there are any more, we don't know about them, but I'm sure that they would've been brought up by now.
Are you saying that you would have Tenzin, Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo enter probending? Because aside from Korra, they're kinda the ONLY airbenders around.

llawll's Significant Otter

Magical Enthusiast

I was under the impression that it was because there are no airbenders to take part in Pro-bending.

Aang was the last airbender, and so now his children and grandchildren—Tenzin, Meelo, Ikki and Jinora—are the only airbenders alive at the moment. And none of them are about to take part in Pro-bending at the moment.

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200

Well, for one thing the air benders were monks. It's probably against their morals to use their bending for violence or fame.

Chimera_69's Husbando

14,175 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
MysteryAceX
Why is it that there aren't any Air Benders in Pro-Bending. Is it because they are peaceful and do not associate themselves with the game? or maybe they were in it but i just didn't notice.

Well Aang was the last Airbender and his son Tenzin and his grand children could possibly be the only other air benders left.

Even if Airbending could be learned by others I don't think there will be enough to be allowed to probend.

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
Tenzin and his kids are the only Airbenders they've told us about, and none of them are Pro-benders

Omnipresent Gawker

Give it a couple hundred years....They'll be there XD
because there's only like 5 airbenders alive...
NiimuraJun
I've got a better theory.

I think there are no air benders in pro bending because.... get this....
There's four of them alive.

I think their names are Tenzin, Meelo, Jinora, and Ikki.

If there are any more, we don't know about them, but I'm sure that they would've been brought up by now.

The first logical answer here.
There are no airebenders in Probending because there aren't any airbenders!
The only airebenders are an old guy, his three young (eventually four) children (the oldest is probably only 10 years old), and the avatar who is already playing as a waterbender.

Besides, the game was created back when there was only 1 or 2 airbenders, even if there were enough, there aren't any rules to accommodate them.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Because airbending would break the game.
The goal is to knock them off the ring... so you just blow a gust of wind and BAM. Match won.

Aged Gaian

1: There are no Airbenders besides tenzin, his kids, and soon korra.
2: tenzin's too old, his kids are too young, and korra don't know it well enough
3: there'd be no corresponding airbender to even out the game
4: it'd be WAAAY too easy for an airbender to knock them off the ring.

You saw ittle wittle jinora make those wind doors spin buckwild, imagine what she could do to 3 people on a plane above water.

Dangerous Visionary

I laughed so hard at this thread.....
It's because air-benders are almost extinct. Aang was the last one alive and The Legend of Korra takes place only about 100 years after.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff