Welcome to Gaia! ::

rolleyes Come on guys.

Aged Gaian

That's what I'm saying.
I can understand the dad being evil.
(captain of industry wants to get richer by making everyone incapable of using bending as a form of transportation, therefore they must buy satomobiles)
But Asami could easily not be involved, people needa relax.

Fatcat

emotion_brofist
it's pretty damned irritating seeing this forum hate on Asami all because she's pretty and rich.
(...&in the way of Makorra.)
emotion_facepalm
xAliceJae
it's pretty damned irritating seeing this forum hate on Asami all because she's pretty and rich.
(...&in the way of Makorra.)
emotion_facepalm
Agreed. I want to see more of Asami now.
TheDrunkenApothecary
That's what I'm saying.
I can understand the dad being evil.
(captain of industry wants to get richer by making everyone incapable of using bending as a form of transportation, therefore they must buy satomobiles)
But Asami could easily not be involved, people needa relax.
Agreed. I just hate this stereotype thing going on.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Damn that girl.

How DARE she be lovely, girly, have long lovely hair, wear make up, attempt making up for nearly kill a guy, sponsorship a group of poor probenders who need help in getting into the finals, have a cute little moped, AND have money! She uses her money to help people in need?! What a b***h! D8<

Clearly she is the devil spawn!!/end sarcasm.

The real shame of it all, she's a really nice girl so far. There is like... it's rediculous how she's being so attacked because she's been going out with Mako. It doesn't seem very fair, it's like last week Korra was being attacked for being a girl, and this week it's Asamis turn for being a different type of girl.

What is this I don't even D8

Dedicated Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
Omikuji
Damn that girl.

How DARE she be lovely, girly, have long lovely hair, wear make up, attempt making up for nearly kill a guy, sponsorship a group of poor probenders who need help in getting into the finals, have a cute little moped, AND have money! She uses her money to help people in need?! What a b***h! D8<

The real shame of it all, she's a really nice girl so far. There is like... it's rediculous how she's being so attacked because she's been going out with Mako. It doesn't seem very fair, it's like last week Korra was being attacked for being a girl, and this week it's Asamis turn for being a different type of girl.

^ This.

I'll admit that my first gut reaction to Asami was something like "you're just a pretty girl, go away," but her actions are really kind and sweet. Sure she hasn't done anything spectacular but she just got introduced in the show. While my favorite kind of character is the strong, snarky type, that that doesn't mean that anything else is bad.

But back to the main topic: she's a really different kind of character from what we're used to in Avatar. Well... from what we've seen so far, that is. I just really hope she doesn't turn into a damsel-in-distress or just-a-girlfriend. So far, those would be the only reasons I wouldn't like her.
xChasingClouds
You guys keep forgetting, this is AVATAR we're talking about.

The show is just cliche after cliche.

Makorra is going to happen eventually, don't worry about it. Be patient, this love triangle is just making it more interesting.
Duh, but people feel the need to raise their pitchforks.
Omikuji
Damn that girl.

Agreed....last week...man it wasn't even funny how people hated on Korra.
People don't suspect Asami is evil because she's pretty and rich.

They suspect her because she looks like someone who could be evil with all the dark and whatnot. I mean, they based her off the design of a villain for god's sake!

They suspect her because she got awfully, suspiciously close to Mako in one day. I mean, come on, they've been hanging out for one day and she's already cozying up to him going, "Ahh, you make me feel so safe." That's just a little weird.

They suspect her because she's not a bender.

Also, they probably suspect her because the writers want the audience to suspect her. She's probably going to be a red herring for at least a little while. I feel like Korra's probably going to be as suspicious of Asami as some of the people here are. It seems like Korra's personality. And I feel like the writers want us to be suspicious of her because she is a non-bender suddenly getting very close to the important benders of the series. Given the setting, it would feel like any non-bender closely related to these important people would be of suspect. Hell, I've even heard speculation that Pema was secretly in favor of the equalist movement.

Besides, think about it. If Asami were a guy that was just suddenly all up in Korra's business, we would probably find that to be at least slightly suspicious, too. I mean, imagine it for a second. A guy with a rather dark appearance runs into Korra one day, and after being around her that one day, he's like holding her and cuddling up to her and talking to her like they're already together? It would be weird.

Actually, put it this way. Who does Asami feel like an equivalent to right now? JET.

And I honestly don't feel like Asami having her dad sponsor the fire ferrets is suspicious because it was a simple business venture. It's not like it was no strings attached, they have to wear his logo on their clothes now, etc etc.

Witty Perfectionist

This is Zutara all over again. talk2hand

Dangerous Bloodsucker

3,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
She seems to much like the mary-sue characters in the fanfics I read. Dx

Dedicated Phantom

I'll admit I was upset at first, but I feel really stupid for it now. It's a cartoon, it's going to follow what the fans want, it's just a way to lure in audiences because they want to see what they want to see.
I really think she's quite pretty, and it's nice to see a very well off family not rich off of bending. I'm neutral really.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff