Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Girl

9,250 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Full closet 200

Amon was the fire-bender who killed his own parents and scarred his own face as a young boy.

He couldn't control his power, and destroyed everything he loved. Because there was no murderer to take revenge on, he instead focused his hate and his vengeance on the act of Bending itself and now heads the Equalist movement and seeks to bring an end to Bending.

The tragedy in his life was brought on by a lack of control, and now control over all benders is his life's mission. He seeks to eliminate bending because it killed the people close to him, and to prove that without saying it, he talks about how Bending is the cause of -all- violence in the world.

Furthermore, Korra is going to prove Amon's point eventually. Check this out.

Eventually, Korra is going to use the Avatar state to try to defeat Amon. Afterwards, she will be weak, and Amon will have the opportunity to take away her bending. But he wont, not just yet. He'll tell her something like...

"Do you see now? You would give up all of your self-control to the Avatar State just to defeat me and my men? Avatar Aang sank entire fleets of the Fire Nation Navy when he tapped into such power, and you would levy it against me in a civilian population. You are the perfect example of why there is no place for Benders in this world anymore."

Familiar Girl

9,250 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Full closet 200

Oh, and the reason Amon can block people's energy is the same as the Chi blocking technique, but with an extra.

Because Amon is a Fire-bender, and fire and electricity are pure energy, he has the added bonus of re-routing chi patterns in a person's body instead of just temporarily disabling them.

It's probably not permanent, but because he developed the technique no one else knows how to counter-act it.

Fuzzy Fairy

14,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bookworm 100
Pretty good theory.

Wheezing Prophet

Amon is Sokka's kid.

Familiar Girl

9,250 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Full closet 200
NicolasDeLaGhetto
Amon is Sokka's kid.

Wrong. He's the son of the cabbage merchant.

Familiar Girl

9,250 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Full closet 200
CactusJuicy
Pretty good theory.

Thank you!

Original Hoarder

11,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ooh. ALSO:
What if he sought to take away his own bending and discovered energy bending, and then instead of using it on himself, he takes it out on *all* benders.

Or he took away his *own* bending and then set out to take everyone else's. Yeah.

Greedy Capitalist

I want his mask to come off. . .so badly. . . . .but I know that won't happen for like 2 years. crying

Familiar Girl

9,250 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Full closet 200

I still think my Amon theory is the best.

Liberal Codger

Ogre Heart

Oh, and the reason Amon can block people's energy is the same as the Chi blocking technique, but with an extra.

Because Amon is a Fire-bender, and fire and electricity are pure energy, he has the added bonus of re-routing chi patterns in a person's body instead of just temporarily disabling them.

It's probably not permanent, but because he developed the technique no one else knows how to counter-act it.

That...just blew my ******** mind.

*applauds*

Lonely Informer

20,165 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I want to hear steve blum say

"Do you see now? You would give up all of your self-control to the Avatar State just to defeat me and my men? Avatar Aang sank entire fleets of the Fire Nation Navy when he tapped into such power, and you would levy it against me in a civilian population. You are the perfect example of why there is no place for Benders in this world anymore."

I know its only episode three but I could just see amon saying something along this line

Heckler

shrieks I love this theory so much. New headcanon forever.

Although I would be kind of disappointed if the main bad guy is again a firebender. Poor guys can't catch a break.

Heckler

Blind Red Dragon
I want to hear steve blum say

I know its only episode three but I could just see amon saying something along this line
Oh my lord yes. That is what I'm guessing Amon's plans involving her will be and line for line exactly what I hope he's going to say. It would be so amazing and like a big "What the hell, hero?" slap in the face and gosh I am trembling with excitement I have way too many Korra feels

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
I don't know about him being the one to have killed his parents, but I do get the feeling he might be a fire bender. Willing to accept him outright not being a bender at all.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
iKarnezar
I want his mask to come off. . .so badly. . . . .but I know that won't happen for like 2 years. crying

That's only assuming he'll be the villain for the entire run of the show. For all we know, he might die at the end of season one and we'll get a new villain for the next season.

It's hard to make guesses about Amon. cat_crying We're early into the series and the only account of his backstory so far is the one he gave, which may or may not be accurate. So I guess for now we just have wild mass guessing. Anyway, my theory? He's building a machine to trap the Avatar in. He does something that forces Korra into the Avatar state, while keeping her restrained. He powers the machine with some energybending, and combined with the power of the Avatar state, it sends a wave of energy around the world that takes away all bending power from everyone. That's what he plans, but he doesn't take into account how powerful the Avatar state actually IS, and how hard it is for him to control. So the machine blows up, he dies, and no one else loses bending abilities.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff