Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Fatcat

For a female avatar, I don't think so. A male might be able to impregnate a woman, die, then the child could have a chance I suppose.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Aznboy684
thought the avatar was once every hundred years... as it it would most likely be the grandchid

The Avatar is reborn every time he or she dies. I suppose theoretically it could be possible, but I think the Avatar would have to die before his or her child is born.

It's very unlikely though. But I do know that the next airbending Avatar will very likely have to be a descendent of Aang, unless the people studying under Tenzin somehow gain the ability to airbend.

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
CreativeButLazy
marshmallowcreampie
The only way I can see that as possible is if Korra died giving birth, and the child was a bender of the element that was next in line. Remember, Aang was born the very moment Roku died.

No he wasn't. Just because we saw a clip after his birth right after we saw Roku die doesn't mean it happened that instant.

I believe Bryke have said something about a two week or so period that the next avatar is born within after the current one dies. At the very least there would be a day or two.
Within 30 days, IIRC.

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wall Street 200
I think so, if she died giving birth.
I always like to think before LoK that the next avatar would be Aang's son.
Like he'd knock up Katara and then go get killed or something, so when his kid was born, it was actually HIM, reincarnated.
Xiam
Aznboy684
thought the avatar was once every hundred years... as it it would most likely be the grandchid

The Avatar is reborn every time he or she dies. I suppose theoretically it could be possible, but I think the Avatar would have to die before his or her child is born.

It's very unlikely though. But I do know that the next airbending Avatar will very likely have to be a descendent of Aang, unless the people studying under Tenzin somehow gain the ability to airbend.

In Korra's case it would be impossible because she's a girl. lol She'd be the one giving birth, and even if she died in childbirth, it'd be too late for the soul to transfer to her baby. Since I'm assuming in reincarnation the soul is at least already attached to the child during childbirth, the "avatar" soul can't be attached when the baby pops out, and Korra can't die before that obviously.

If it was a man, however, who died before the soul has been formed right after conception...it might be possible. But if Bryan and Michael ever tried to pull that, I think I'd lose respect for them if they didn't pull it off just right.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Little Wachan
Xiam
Aznboy684

In Korra's case it would be impossible because she's a girl. lol She'd be the one giving birth, and even if she died in childbirth, it'd be too late for the soul to transfer to her baby. Since I'm assuming in reincarnation the soul is at least already attached to the child during childbirth, the "avatar" soul can't be attached when the baby pops out, and Korra can't die before that obviously.

If it was a man, however, who died before the soul has been formed right after conception...it might be possible. But if Bryan and Michael ever tried to pull that, I think I'd lose respect for them if they didn't pull it off just right.
Oh, right, the womb thing. Well, they, what if she dies in childbirth?

Though I don't suppose that is liable to happen to the Avatar, of all people...
Xiam
Little Wachan

Sorry, I kinda tried to explain that, too, with the rules of reincarnation. I'm no expert, but it's logical. A woman can't die too early in the childbirth or it's possible the baby might die as well (they'd have to do a very quick c-section, and even then it might not go well). Also, I assume by the time labor hits in the baby is ready to be functional in the world, and thus already have a soul. I don't think the baby would just suddenly get a soul once he pops out into the light. The baby's ready to LIVE when labor starts.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Little Wachan
Xiam
Little Wachan

Sorry, I kinda tried to explain that, too, with the rules of reincarnation. I'm no expert, but it's logical. A woman can't die too early in the childbirth or it's possible the baby might die as well (they'd have to do a very quick c-section, and even then it might not go well). Also, I assume by the time labor hits in the baby is ready to be functional in the world, and thus already have a soul. I don't think the baby would just suddenly get a soul once he pops out into the light. The baby's ready to LIVE when labor starts.

Well then, paternity it is.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

I dunno, if a female avatar dies in childbirth or a guy dies before his wife gives birth, maybe. o_0

Liberal Codger

If she died in childbirth...which is really sad to think about.
Xiam
Well then, paternity it is.

lol Sorry. I think it'd be more ironic if Makorra happened after all, Korra dies and Bolin's wife gets pregnant and the Avatar still comes through his line, through no biological relation to Korra. It's far-fetched and below the belt, but I wouldn't doubt if a fanfic writer tries it eventually.

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Nope for an avatar reincaranate to be born the current one must have died first.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff