Welcome to Gaia! ::

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I was just wondering, if Korra ended up marrying an earth bender would it be possible for their child, if an earth bender, to become the next Avatar? I know it is completely random but would it be possible that it could happen?

I would like to think yes but not sure entirely if it would be possible...
thought the avatar was once every hundred years... as it it would most likely be the grandchid

Hilarious Fatcat

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
No, because the new Avatar is only selected one the current Avatar is dead.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100

I don't think it's possible. Seeing how Korra has to die for the next Avatar to be born.

Dapper Capitalist

It'd only be possible if the current avatar was the next avatar's father since the current avatar has to be dead and the next avatar isn't born till a week or so after they died.

It'd be impossible for Korra's kids to be the next avatar though, because she'd have to be alive to give birth.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
No because in order for a new avatar to be born, the previous avatar has to die. That's how the cycle operates. Korra can't pop a baby out of her v****a and make a new avatar while she's still alive because, well, she's still the current avatar. The only way it could work is if she dies prior to her children having children of their own. So a grandchild is more probable.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Well, that depends, Aang was in the iceberg for 100 years but that doesn't mean ALL avatars would live to at least 100, some may have died after before their first child was conceived (Korra could die giving birth to her child for instance due to complications during the birth.)

Dapper Capitalist

Nafretiti
Well, that depends, Aang was in the iceberg for 100 years but that doesn't mean ALL avatars would live to at least 100, some may have died after before their first child was conceived (Korra could die giving birth to her child for instance due to complications during the birth.)

No, there's at least a few days in between when the current avatar dies and when the next one is reborn, it's not an instant thing.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
CreativeButLazy
Nafretiti

No, there's at least a few days in between when the current avatar dies and when the next one is reborn, it's not an instant thing.

Ahh ok, that I didn't know, some stuff I still have yet to actually read, I know most but some I still don't know I must admit.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
The only way I can see that as possible is if Korra died giving birth, and the child was a bender of the element that was next in line. Remember, Aang was born the very moment Roku died.
Possible if Korra died before or during child birth.
If the mother dies before giving birth, and it isn't too early to save the baby, the baby can be removed via surgery(that is if it isn't already dead also)
And if she dies due to complications during child birth, her baby could become the next avatar.

But I don't see it as likely. I though Avatars were picked at random or something

Dapper Capitalist

marshmallowcreampie
The only way I can see that as possible is if Korra died giving birth, and the child was a bender of the element that was next in line. Remember, Aang was born the very moment Roku died.

No he wasn't. Just because we saw a clip after his birth right after we saw Roku die doesn't mean it happened that instant.

I believe Bryke have said something about a two week or so period that the next avatar is born within after the current one dies. At the very least there would be a day or two.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
CreativeButLazy
marshmallowcreampie

No he wasn't. Just because we saw a clip after his birth right after we saw Roku die doesn't mean it happened that instant.

I believe Bryke have said something about a two week or so period that the next avatar is born within after the current one dies. At the very least there would be a day or two.

Hm, really? Since they showed the clip right after, I assumed that the next Avatar was born the moment the previous one died. But then again, if that were the case, it would probably be a bit easier to find the next Avatar, because they'd just have to find kids born on the date the last Avatar died. The first episode of The Legend of Korra implied that the White Lotus members ended up with a lot of false Avatar claims.
I've heard a little about that.
*swipes yuans from people*
And people claim it's not possible. Hey, I never said I was an expert.
its a good question but no

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces