Total Votes:[ 31 ]
1 2 >

uwuism's Bestie

Sparkly Gekko

9,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Ok, so the whole KorraxMako thing has been going on since like the 1st or 2nd episode, but I've personally thought that Korra was much better with Bolin from episode 1. Than in the previous episode, they even showed what they act like "together" and it just proved my point! They were way better together than Korra and Mako. -__- I knew from day one they would be, but they just won't quit with the stupid Mako thing and I'm frikkenn ANOYYYYYEEEDDD! PS. I'm not going to lie, the threads I've seen around here are true, they rushed into a love interest WAY to fast. But since they did, why put him with stupid Mako? -_- PPS. If you've watched the show in japanese already, PLEASE DON'T SPOIL >_<

Wheezing Bunny

10,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
True enough, I felt as though the relationship between Mako and Korra seem somewhat rushed. The romance theme of the show also came too soon for comfort. I'd rather have more action instead of this kind of teenage drama. :[

AND YES, BOLIN IS TOTALLY MEANT FOR KORRA INSTEAD OF MAKO. Those could have had so much going on. I'm kinda disappointed. D:

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Watched the show in Japanese?
But...Korra isn't in Japanese yet.

uwuism's Bestie

Sparkly Gekko

9,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[Ren The Ryoko]

Really? I thought they would've made it in japanese first.... hm.

uwuism's Bestie

Sparkly Gekko

9,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Azulei Gloomspark
True enough, I felt as though the relationship between Mako and Korra seem somewhat rushed. The romance theme of the show also came too soon for comfort. I'd rather have more action instead of this kind of teenage drama. :[

AND YES, BOLIN IS TOTALLY MEANT FOR KORRA INSTEAD OF MAKO. Those could have had so much going on. I'm kinda disappointed. D:

YES! Why rush? LET'S SEE SOME ACTION > surprised I'm watching The Legend of Korra, not Degrassi! And OMG YES AGAIN! If anyone, why mako? Just leave him with annoying girlfriend. Bolin and Korra are sooooo perfect!

Dapper Capitalist

ii Kitty Pop ii
[Ren The Ryoko]

Legend of Korra is an american cartoon, why would they make it in Japanese?

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
ii Kitty Pop ii
[Ren The Ryoko]

Why would you assume that? It's...made and produced in America. It's written and animated by Americans. It's produced by Nick.

uwuism's Bestie

Sparkly Gekko

9,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
CreativeButLazy
ii Kitty Pop ii
[Ren The Ryoko]

Legend of Korra is an american cartoon, why would they make it in Japanese?

My friend told me it was made in japan and produced for american version by nick. (Like disney produces and redoes that one Asian movie company's movies once in a while) Okay this is like the 100th freaken time someone told me something and I ended up looking stupid cuz I believe them. -_-

uwuism's Bestie

Sparkly Gekko

9,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[Ren The Ryoko]
ii Kitty Pop ii
[Ren The Ryoko]

Why would you assume that? It's...made and produced in America. It's written and animated by Americans. It's produced by Nick.

My friend told me it was made in japan and produced for american version by nick. (Like disney produces and redoes that one Asian movie company's movies once in a while) Okay this is like the 100th freaken time someone told me something and I ended up looking stupid cuz I believe them. -_-

Apocalyptic Lunatic

32,475 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Yes, I want her to be with Bolin. Bolin is so ADORABLE!!! Plus he is easygoing and fun to be around... and he isn't always freaking depressed.... Need fun in life more than you need depression.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
ii Kitty Pop ii
[Ren The Ryoko]
ii Kitty Pop ii
[Ren The Ryoko]

Yeah no. Mike and Bryan, the creators, are American.

uwuism's Bestie

Sparkly Gekko

9,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Vampiress98
Yes, I want her to be with Bolin. Bolin is so ADORABLE!!! Plus he is easygoing and fun to be around... and he isn't always freaking depressed.... Need fun in life more than you need depression.

I KNOW RIGHT! Mako is freaken depressed jerk >:c

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
ii Kitty Pop ii
Vampiress98

I KNOW RIGHT! Mako is freaken depressed jerk >:c

Ok, first of all, Mako doesn't have depression. At least not from what we've seen. He is emotionally reserved, but he was orphaned when he was eight and had to live on the streets with his brother, running numbers for gangs and god know what else to survive. I think it's fair to say that his emotional stunting is a defense mechanism, and a justified one at that.

Secondly, people who DO suffer from depression are not BAD people. Given the right support and the help they need, they can be wonderful boyfriends, terrific friends, and a joy to be around. Depression is a real, serious illness that can destroy people, and that isn't THEIR fault. The implication that if Mako had this mental illness that he would be less of a person is rather problematic.
Bolin in chinese literally means "third wheel".
I disagree.
I don't even like Korra and Mako as a couple, and although I LOOOOOOOOVE Bolin to death ((he is such a sweety whee )) I never got the impression that he actually loved Korra.

In episode one, Mako made a comment to Bolin about him always bringing his fangirls backstage. He probably flirts with girls a lot, and although the date that Korra and Bolin went on was an extremely cute bonding experience, I think Bolin only has an infatuation with Korra.

Mako, I think, has a thing for Korra but is too confused about his feelings to actually act on them. Like in episode five he said, "It makes more sense for me to go for Asami," which suggests that he either thought of going for Korra before, or he is just severely confused.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff