Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Capitalist

TOPH! IT'S TOPH! TOPHS BACK!

ARE WE GOING TO SEE FANBOYING BOLIN!?

ARE WE GOING TO SEE KATARA AND TOPH TEAM UP IN A EPIC SHOW OF BADASS OLD LADY a** KICKING?!!!!!

IT'S TOPH

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Alright so this is probably a complete overreaction but as soon as i saw Toph I actually started to cry, I don't really know why but OMG!! I was hoping we would see her, I mean, there wasn't any reason for us to believe we would just that we hoped we would because she was one of the original Team Avatar members that was still alive so there was that hope we may just see her or just hear more about her but to ACTUALLY see her!? I can't believe she appeared!

I am pleased Lin and Suyin still have their mother (well, technically, i mean, they still have a mother, sure, but they have no idea where their mother actually is) but right now, who cares about them!? TOPH IS BACK!!!

Though, hating the fact we now have to wait another week to see more then two seconds of Toph, but SHE IS BACK!! Though I am now curious why she picked a swamp to live in, I know Toph wasn't one for normality but to choose a swamp to be her home!? Seems like a strange place to pick even if she did want to get away from the normal things in life.

Though it would be nice if she did end up seeing Lin and Suyin again, their her daughters, it would be awesome to see the two reunited with their wayward mother.

Dapper Capitalist

Nafretiti
Alright so this is probably a complete overreaction but as soon as i saw Toph I actually started to cry, I don't really know why but OMG!! I was hoping we would see her, I mean, there wasn't any reason for us to believe we would just that we hoped we would because she was one of the original Team Avatar members that was still alive so there was that hope we may just see her or just hear more about her but to ACTUALLY see her!? I can't believe she appeared!

I am pleased Lin and Suyin still have their mother (well, technically, i mean, they still have a mother, sure, but they have no idea where their mother actually is) but right now, who cares about them!? TOPH IS BACK!!!

Though, hating the fact we now have to wait another week to see more then two seconds of Toph, but SHE IS BACK!! Though I am now curious why she picked a swamp to live in, I know Toph wasn't one for normality but to choose a swamp to be her home!? Seems like a strange place to pick even if she did want to get away from the normal things in life.

Though it would be nice if she did end up seeing Lin and Suyin again, their her daughters, it would be awesome to see the two reunited with their wayward mother.

Actually, the swamp is a really fitting place if you think about it. That is where Aang fist saw a vision of her afterall. Kind of like a bookends if you will, the first time we saw her was in the swamp, and now that where we're finding her again.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
CreativeButLazy
Nafretiti

Actually, the swamp is a really fitting place if you think about it. That is where Aang fist saw a vision of her afterall. Kind of like a bookends if you will, the first time we saw her was in the swamp, and now that where we're finding her again.

Vision, yes, but technically it wasn't till the Underground Earth Bending Championships (or whatever you want to call it) that they saw her physically, so I sort of forgot that instance because it wasn't her physical form we were seeing it was just a vision and whilst i am not saying that vision wasn't important (obviously it was as it lead Aang and co to meet her) it just wasn't her in physical form.

Besides that, that Swamp also showed us visions of Yue and Sokka and Katara's mother, for all we knew at the time they were just spirits of the dead, I mean, Aang was the Avatar, dealing with spirits was sort of his life (even if at the time he didn't really grasp that part of himself yet) so for all we knew that vision of Toph was just a spirit playing a trick on him (like how that spirit lead Korra to Toph in the form of a puppy.) So as I said, I am not saying that vision of Toph wasn't important it just, for all Aang knew, was a dead little girls spirit or somehow a spirit playing a trick on him, Katara and Sokka may have met her (and his) mother and Yue but since Aang didn't have anyone technically after being trapped in ice for over 100 years, that spirit of Toph may have been something bad for all he knew, he was the Avatar, there was no saying that the spirits they see in that swamp were all good spirits.

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
I literally screamed when I realized it was Toph - my boyfriend was plenty amused haha.
It's so sad that he doesn't really want to watch the first series to understand this one better - he just sees me getting random spasms every now and then when I recognize stuff etc sweatdrop

Dapper Capitalist

Nafretiti
CreativeButLazy
Nafretiti

Vision, yes, but technically it wasn't till the Underground Earth Bending Championships (or whatever you want to call it) that they saw her physically, so I sort of forgot that instance because it wasn't her physical form we were seeing it was just a vision and whilst i am not saying that vision wasn't important (obviously it was as it lead Aang and co to meet her) it just wasn't her in physical form.

Besides that, that Swamp also showed us visions of Yue and Sokka and Katara's mother, for all we knew at the time they were just spirits of the dead, I mean, Aang was the Avatar, dealing with spirits was sort of his life (even if at the time he didn't really grasp that part of himself yet) so for all we knew that vision of Toph was just a spirit playing a trick on him (like how that spirit lead Korra to Toph in the form of a puppy.) So as I said, I am not saying that vision of Toph wasn't important it just, for all Aang knew, was a dead little girls spirit or somehow a spirit playing a trick on him, Katara and Sokka may have met her (and his) mother and Yue but since Aang didn't have anyone technically after being trapped in ice for over 100 years, that spirit of Toph may have been something bad for all he knew, he was the Avatar, there was no saying that the spirits they see in that swamp were all good spirits.

But the swamp benders even said it, if it wasn't someone he met before, it was most likely someone he was going to meet in the future. And there's no way it would have been a bad thing because the swamp was not shown to be menacing (it was just the character's paranoia that was making it out to be that way)

Dapper Capitalist

Sweet Murderer
I literally screamed when I realized it was Toph - my boyfriend was plenty amused haha.
It's so sad that he doesn't really want to watch the first series to understand this one better - he just sees me getting random spasms every now and then when I recognize stuff etc sweatdrop

I just say there like "Old lady, seems like she's important or something... No... No... it can't be. OH MY GOD IT'S TOPH!

That's too bad, after watching the first season, I made my roommate watch the first series so he could understand everything. Which was great because then when we watched book two right after finishing the first series he was able to get all the call backs, like the library, General Zhao, and Iroh.

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
CreativeButLazy
Sweet Murderer

I just say there like "Old lady, seems like she's important or something... No... No... it can't be. OH MY GOD IT'S TOPH!

That's too bad, after watching the first season, I made my roommate watch the first series so he could understand everything. Which was great because then when we watched book two right after finishing the first series he was able to get all the call backs, like the library, General Zhao, and Iroh.

Dying for the next episode D:

&&Yeah I know, it'd help him so much but he enjoys Korra as it is. But someday I'll force him haha.

Pemmu's Senpai

Magical Girl

I'M LITERALLY FANBOYING THAT THEY DIDN'T DO MUCH OF A CLIFF HANGER LIKE THEY DID ON THE SEASON PREVIEW. classified_fu

Hilarious Genius

2,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Was it just me or did anyone else start jumping like crazy when we saw Toph...? xp crying crying

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Senpai on the Sheets
I'M LITERALLY FANBOYING THAT THEY DIDN'T DO MUCH OF A CLIFF HANGER LIKE THEY DID ON THE SEASON PREVIEW. classified_fu

Me too! I was actually sort of expecting them to, but what they ended up doing was so much better. Someone else in another thread mentioned something I thought, too, and that was that at first I thought it was Hama (or a creepy old lady like Hama, the bloodbending crazy kidnapping lady from ATLA) and then I realized it was Toph, and life was good.

Pemmu's Senpai

Magical Girl

Lady Lallo
Senpai on the Sheets

Me too! I was actually sort of expecting them to, but what they ended up doing was so much better. Someone else in another thread mentioned something I thought, too, and that was that at first I thought it was Hama (or a creepy old lady like Hama, the bloodbending crazy kidnapping lady from ATLA) and then I realized it was Toph, and life was good.
Yeah it did sound like Hama for me, but Hama's dead (unless she learned some magic that could make her young again. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN)

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Senpai on the Sheets
Lady Lallo
Senpai on the Sheets

Yeah it did sound like Hama for me, but Hama's dead (unless she learned some magic that could make her young again. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN)

So glad she's gone. Lady was nuts. xD

Pemmu's Senpai

Magical Girl

Lady Lallo
Senpai on the Sheets
Lady Lallo
Senpai on the Sheets

Well she had a reason. She was put in prison during her youth to rot.

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Senpai on the Sheets
Lady Lallo
Senpai on the Sheets
Lady Lallo
Senpai on the Sheets

Well she had a reason. She was put in prison during her youth to rot.

You make an excellent point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces