Welcome to Gaia! ::

Informer

I just rewatched the last episode and finally took note of the tear shed by Noatak before his d**k of a brother destroyed the boat. ...That hit me RIGHT in the FEELS. UGH.

-sniffle-

Sorry, sorry, emotional moment.

So, discuss on how this did or did not make you almost 'tearbend'?

Girl

I was too shocked to feel like tearbending.

Invisible Hunter

Rather than tearbending, I simply freaked out, then eventually got super sad. I was like...Noatak.......BWAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
In my opinion, it was bitter sweet poetic justice, we saw the brothers as children, how their father treated them etc and in the end all Noatak wanted was to be with his brother, when he left he more or less followed in his fathers footsteps (to a certain extent) and in the end he STILL wanted that and Tarrlok gave him that, they both died to be with each other, it was a horrible way to go but Tarrlok knew that if his brother stayed alive then there was a chance he would go back to his old ways and he didn't want that so they now can be together forever in death. It might not of been the 'lets be together forever' way Noatak wanted but even he knew his time was up when his brother said that last line, you could tell by his tears, he was happy, regardless if he lived or not he had his brother with him and for him that is all he ever TRULY wanted.
Nafretiti
In my opinion, it was bitter sweet poetic justice, we saw the brothers as children, how their father treated them etc and in the end all Noatak wanted was to be with his brother, when he left he more or less followed in his fathers footsteps (to a certain extent) and in the end he STILL wanted that and Tarrlok gave him that, they both died to be with each other, it was a horrible way to go but Tarrlok knew that if his brother stayed alive then there was a chance he would go back to his old ways and he didn't want that so they now can be together forever in death. It might not of been the 'lets be together forever' way Noatak wanted but even he knew his time was up when his brother said that last line, you could tell by his tears, he was happy, regardless if he lived or not he had his brother with him and for him that is all he ever TRULY wanted.

That was very well said... and it really sheds some new light on this. Viewing it from a perspective like yours, it's still emotional if not more.
Maiden Korra
Nafretiti

That was very well said... and it really sheds some new light on this. Viewing it from a perspective like yours, it's still emotional if not more.

Agreed on all counts. I feel like it was the perfect ending for them, even if it was tragic. There was a poetic beauty to it. Call me crazy, but sometimes the tragic endings are the best and most poignant and complete.

Trash

I tearbend every time.

EVERY ******** TIME.

Hesitant Nymph

I was very shocked and it caught me off guard. Watching it for the first time, I was like:
"Holy s**t! Did those mf's JUST DIE?!"

Genius

Nafretiti

[That sums up pretty much what I have to say to this. And as for my reaction to when the scene came on, I didn't cry but it was more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiPnlz-qf8 ]
No,I was happy how it happened,honestly didnt see it comming.

Gracious Phantom

I was more focused on Tarrlok with the glove. I was first thinking "Wait is he gonna kill his brother?" Then he unscrews the cap thingy and I was thinking "He's gonna commit suicide?!...Nah this is Nickelodeon, they can't do that." And then when he did blow them up I was like, "That. Was. Epic." I thought it was a very nice end.
wow i havent watched the show but im planning too biggrin
awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome lol cool biggrin

Beloved Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Inquisitor 200
I didn't cry, but it was sad.

Dangerous Lunatic

I missed the tear the first time around too - it wasn't until I saw it on someone's sig that I was like 'wait, what? Did the shoop that in?" And then I watched it again and saw it and then I had sads. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff