Welcome to Gaia! ::

REALLY GAIA (I mean the community, not the site)?
REALLY?

I am kind of tired of all this hating, fighting, cursing and whatnot over the characters in this show. There has only been four to five episodes aired and we already have freaking teams? This isn't Twilight people. I can understand someone's personal tastes, but we are kind of over thinking things here. I am not trying to bash anyone or shoot down people's opinions, but seriously? Seriously?

I've lurked threads were people are pretty much hating Korra for the clothes that she wears. Hello, people! Katara was pretty much wearing the same kind of clothes. Korra's clothes are just a little less feminine. Just because Korra isn't wearing a dress or a skirt or a necklace doesn't make her less of a woman than she is. What truly defines femininity in a woman anyway? Are you trying to say that not wearing a skirt makes a woman not a woman? I find some great fault in that.

I've lurked a thread that someone posted that they hated Mako because he was with Asami. They were cussing out/getting an attitude people who politely opposed them. It hasn't even been established that they have feelings for each other even though we pretty much know. There is nothing wrong with stating an opinion, but there is something wrong with attacking someone who opposes you.

NOTE: I can only witness this happening in Gaia, thus I say Gaia. I don't have a tumblr. I don't have anything else but Gaia and a few other avatar sites. I am not only blaming Gaia for this, I am pretty much stating this because I've only seen this on GAIA.

Remember, when I say Gaia, I am referring to the community, not the site.

Fatcat

Hon, 95% of Gaians are half-retarded.
We must all simply deal with the burden.
Makorra
I sort of agree with you. (:

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

The fun part is that the sane part of the fandom gets to bash the idiots to hell and back. emotion_awesome
xx Cookie-Boots xx
The fun part is that the sane part of the fandom gets to bash the idiots to hell and back. emotion_awesome
That is pretty fun. xD

Rainbow Feeder

11,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jack-pot 100
        don't just blame gaia.
        hell, have you been on tumblr?

essentially 95% of the fandom are immature when it comes to their 'OTPs'.
        they pick fights about everything.
        fandoms just ruin the experience of watching a good show. :/

Fluffy Creature

With the teams, you can't blame them too much because Nick is literally promoting the shipping war via twitter.

But yeah. Shippers gonna ship. Haters gonna hate.
uchouten LOVE -- xo
I don't have a tumblr and it doesn't peak my interest so I don't have proof of anything on tumblr.
Just Gaia, sorry.
Troy the confuzed
With the teams, you can't blame them too much because Nick is literally promoting the shipping war via twitter.

But then again, why would they promote this stuff?
To me it is turning out to be violent. I've never s**t like cussing someone out over anime. XD

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

ll Nebur ll
Troy the confuzed

But then again, why would they promote this stuff?
To me it is turning out to be violent. I've never s**t like cussing someone out over anime. XD

To keep people talking about it, of course.
and because Bryke are evil, evil trolls
xx Cookie-Boots xx
You know that is true.
Television is getting joy from watching TV-crazed fans fighting with each other. XD

Beloved Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╬══════╬

Some of these shipping wars and 'theories'
are really funny to watch though.
Particularly if you point out a flaw in someones theory and try to tell them
and then they get so worked up like you're attacking them.
I just sit back and laugh.
lol

╬══════╬

Wily Werewolf

16,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Welcome to the fandom twisted

it isn't just Gaia, it's everywhere. Korra seems to be much more popular than ATLA was, considering we're only 4 episodes in.

I LOVING EVERY MINUTES OF IT OMG emotion_kirakira

but really, there are some bad-crazy fans everywhere you go, not just on Gaia. It's best not to try and get into arguments with them but just enjoy the show c:

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
ll Nebur ll

Seriously? Just because gaians ship different pairings and are "starting" another shipping war, Twilight is brought into this? rolleyes
OMFG should be the name of a band, 1st single stop the masses.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff