Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think?

It sounds interesting, and something i might try. 0.48936170212766 48.9% [ 23 ]
It's interesting, but not my fancy. 0.42553191489362 42.6% [ 20 ]
Don't even try to waste your time on this. 0.063829787234043 6.4% [ 3 ]
Perhaps you should try this with another genre. 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >
So like the martial arts skill would give a certain +XX to your to hit and +X Strength Bonus to wound?

I play Rogue Trader, traits and talents come with skill and characteristic bonuses. So you roll under you current characteristic level. By that mechanic I could see Martial Arts proficiency being like a +10 to your total Weapon Skill and a +1 Strength Bonus So say you're Strength (4)5 the four is surround by parenthesis to designate the bonus when rolling your total damage, which is calculated by the D10 or in this case a D20+ whatever damage bonus the weapon brings. So like a D20+2+SB. So in this case it would be the roll of a D20+2+5 due to the martial arts skill.

I don't know the mechanics to DnD, so correct any of that if I'm wrong.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Ryuondo

Nothing is wrong, everything is still up in the air as i consider how to work the system. (Once i decide it's going to be impossible to change without restarting)
What i am desiring is to make it something that isn't overly complex, more specifically something that other Gaians that have little experience in D20 or DND could easily jump upon and decide whether they actually like playing it or not. It will be focused around D10 though, and as of now as you say i'm considering the main four attacking skills give +X to hit, against their 'something undecided' OR it will be on a 100 system where you have to roll under your Skill score. (Higher skill means more chance that way as well)

As for the Rogue Trader bit, It won't be class-restricting, as you can spec your skills however you'd like although specializing is obviously rewarded as it would be a little silly to try putting 1 in everything each level. You'd be a Joker of no trades at the amount of ranks I'd be allowing per level. So you could call yourself a Rogue Trader type character in description and play as such, building your skills as such, but really you're just another character that's building a little different.

Again, everything is still up in the air~ though my template gives a general idea of the type of things included, at least in terms of setting up a character.
Kroama
Ryuondo

Nothing is wrong, everything is still up in the air as i consider how to work the system. (Once i decide it's going to be impossible to change without restarting)
What i am desiring is to make it something that isn't overly complex, more specifically something that other Gaians that have little experience in D20 or DND could easily jump upon and decide whether they actually like playing it or not. It will be focused around D10 though, and as of now as you say i'm considering the main four attacking skills give +X to hit, against their 'something undecided' OR it will be on a 100 system where you have to roll under your Skill score. (Higher skill means more chance that way as well)

As for the Rogue Trader bit, It won't be class-restricting, as you can spec your skills however you'd like although specializing is obviously rewarded as it would be a little silly to try putting 1 in everything each level. You'd be a Joker of no trades at the amount of ranks I'd be allowing per level. So you could call yourself a Rogue Trader type character in description and play as such, building your skills as such, but really you're just another character that's building a little different.

Again, everything is still up in the air~ though my template gives a general idea of the type of things included, at least in terms of setting up a character.

The Rogue Trader RPG. It uses the 100 system. Once you get everything set up I might be interested.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Ryuondo

If I ever get everything set up XD
I will make an honest attempt though, but a lot of this is because making rules is fun... believe it or not.

Yeah i misunderstood what you meant by rogue trader, but my point remains valid >.<
There are a lot of different types of dice RPGs out there. Both legit and people being silly like me.
Kroama
Ryuondo

If I ever get everything set up XD
I will make an honest attempt though, but a lot of this is because making rules is fun... believe it or not.

Yeah i misunderstood what you meant by rogue trader, but my point remains valid >.<
There are a lot of different types of dice RPGs out there. Both legit and people being silly like me.

Our group is silly as hell. We're Space Pirates and we're about to stage a mutiny.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Ryuondo

Silly games are often the best, part of the fun of RP games is metaphorically slapping the GM in the face and going on some complete off course adventure that everyone else agrees too. Can't railroad that like nothin'. >,>

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Not sure how i like how i'm setting up the Skill's guiding attributes but i really want them two bleed from two, and at the same time have an equal number of each attribute within them.
Kroama
Ryuondo

Silly games are often the best, part of the fun of RP games is metaphorically slapping the GM in the face and going on some complete off course adventure that everyone else agrees too. Can't railroad that like nothin'. >,>

True that my good sir!

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Created quite a few descriptions pertaining to the Stats, and a little about critical rolls which imply a little of the type of system i will be using.
I've decided upon rolling under your skill on a 1d100 system to hit, and checks using 1d10+your skill, with a GM set parameter to beat~ at least for now.

For now, i slumber.

Devoted Explorer

Actually, threads involving roleplaying belong in the Barton Town forum, so if you guys are going to be serious about this, expect the thread to be moved there or even deleted.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
DimiDizy6d
Actually, threads involving roleplaying belong in the Barton Town forum, so if you guys are going to be serious about this, expect the thread to be moved there or even deleted.

As a roleplay it belongs in Barton Town. As a dice-based game it belongs in Gaming Discussion. As being based on Avatar it belongs in this forum.

I'd rather not have it start being thrown around in circles. >,>

Devoted Explorer

Kroama
DimiDizy6d

As a roleplay it belongs in Barton Town. As a dice-based game it belongs in Gaming Discussion. As being based on Avatar it belongs in this forum.

I'd rather not have it start being thrown around in circles. >,>

Dosent have to be,

It does belong in Barton Town, because the Gaming Discussion talks about games in their categories, not actually create and play them. In this forum, we talk about primarily the Legend of Korra Series (and some other Avatar based things). This is not like the Harry Potter fourm, we're supposed to focus only on the Legend of Korra series in the Avatar universe.

Your best shot would be the Series-releated/Miscellaneous Role Play Subform in Barton Town, because your dice based roleplay is based on a series. I've also personally have seen Dice-Based roleplays in Barton all of the time. neutral

Sorry if i'm being a inconvienence, but for some reason more and more people lately have been trying to throw out their roleplays on this forum when they're not supposed to.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
DimiDizy6d

I changed the subject to more inquire on the kind of information people of this category is needed of. Is this acceptable?

Devoted Explorer

Kroama
DimiDizy6d

I changed the subject to more inquire on the kind of information people of this category is needed of. Is this acceptable?

Yes, yes it does.

Thanks biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas