Don't even try to waste your time on this. 0.063829787234043 6.4% [ 3 ]
Perhaps you should try this with another genre. 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
1 2 3 4 >

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Finished all of the firebending Powers in the "Bending Powers and Help" document at the bottom of this post. Will work on either water or earth next when i get around to brainstorming a few possible skills. I feel i will have less problems since there is a lot more variety in the skills.

Anyone that feels i should add any Fire-bending Powers that they don't see in the document,
feel free to suggest them.

Currently creating this list for Waterbending Powers
Novice

Water Whip is a basic move that lashes at an opponent. It can be used as an early / low cost counter, or a basic attack and ranking up in to a lower-cost counter.

Ice Mastery, since ice will focus on penetration of target armor, i will use this as an increase to penetration all around, while ice skills themselves don't require it. May change this to adding slow/stun effects.

Water Jet / Pistol May split this up, or rank them around eachother. In one case it focuses around a lower-energy cost move, while the other is about knockback.

Snowbending will focus on giving a bender the ability to manipulate particles of water on a more precise level. Rather than focusing around snow however, it will also offer the ability to mask oneself in a fog (or snow) to give penalties to attackers.

Iceberg Spike is a generic projectile attack, offering high penetration.

Healing is a skill that ranks up in to higher tiers of utility, and offers a basic regeneration of a body. It will likely heal based on both potential and the target's natural regen rate.

Beginner

Wave is just a generic large area attack that requires a large mass of water as well.

Water Shield is will work to lessen damage taken from various attacks, as opposed to blocking certain ones. Ranks in to Water Cloak

Ice Claws are an unarmed and later melee damage/penetration increasing buff.

Water Knife is a water-based high penetration move. Focusing more on practicality as opposed to utility in a fight, it can cut through higher levels of solid material at higher levels.

Water Manipulation is a various form skill that at lower levels offers the ability to move underwater with an air bubble and later the closest thing to flight a waterbender can achieve~ a vortex that sends them far up in to the air. Maybe include Maelstrom here

Adept

Ice Shield on the other hand will act normally and block solid attacks.

Ice Disc offers what i would like to be the highest base penetration of any move. It will deal low damage, however.

Water / Ice Dome / Prison is a move focused around stunning an opponent.

Ice Floor will be a move that replaces the floor with a sheet of ice to attempt to slip opponents and cause them to fall if they fail a check.

Expert

Breath of Ice is similar to the fire version, in that it doesn't take penalties when grappled or pinned. It will also offer a chance of stun.

Plantbending offers water benders a form of solid attack or a less breakable way to entrap opponents but is dependent on the environment. May also allow them to suck water from nearby plants to fuel their abilities.

Ice Ramp allows a bender to move quickly from one destination to another, similar to firebender's Jet Propulsion though it will still require a move cost it will also allow other allies to follow along.

Master

Octopus Form will be a short-turn buff that enables a bender to greatly raise the level of skill of their Water Whip

Bloodbending is god-mode tier ability that would have high cost, but completely immobilizes opponents that fail a check. It will be subject to GM allowance and otherwise seen as a crime against nature.

Maelstrom putting it here after all. Felt i needed another Master skill. Just a giant whirlpool, very useful when fighting among ships.

If you're still interested in watching my progress on setting up a dice-game, the documents I'm currently writing will be updating here. They're all under progress and subject to change.
Guide to Creating a Character (Please don't try and make one right now, expecting to use it now. Feel free to do so for the hell of it though!)
Bending Powers and Help

Shirtless Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I am intrigued by the idea.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
For me it's perfectly doable, but I'm having trouble deciding how skills and equipment would be set up. Avatar has a good selection of weapon to come with, but the armor side of things ~ they don't often wear armor in the traditional way.
As for the skills bit, i don't mean the attacks with bending but rather things like 'Knowledge of X' that would come in to play, or even more basically what set of stats to use as the basis for a character (like Str End etc)

The existing site uses
Arcana – ancient mysteries, arcane symbols, cryptic phrases, mystic practices
Architecture & Engineering – buildings, aqueducts, bridges, fortifications, war machinery
Bending Arts – bending forms, bending philosophies
Dungeoneering – caverns, spelunking, subterranean creatures
Geography – lands, terrain, climate, people
History – royalty, wars, colonies, migrations, founding of cities
Local – legends, personalities, inhabitants, laws, customs, traditions, humanoids
Nature – animals, plants, seasons and cycles, weather, vermin
Nobility & Royalty – lineages, heraldry, family trees, mottoes, personalities
Religion – the spirits, religious practices and symbolism, philosophy
And i couldn't think of anything better really.

Shirtless Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It actually does sound good. Im surprised no one else has replied yet.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Well your comment alone is going to get me through wasting my time on trying to create something. Here is the original site of existing D20 that i'll be taking and modifying things to make them suit my taste (maybe be simpler...i hope i don't make it more confusing but i might XD)

Shirtless Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
xD Im excited to see how it turns out.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Well, I'm thinking it'll be something I'll get about 80% done and then never finish, it's the process of creating something that's viable that's fun to me. If i finish it and it's workable then that's just a bonus

Shirtless Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
xD Well i will be sure to check the progress.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Fond of the variety of Fallout, minus Charisma,
Strength, Muscle
Perception, Insight
Endurance, Nerve, Fortitude,
Charisma
Intelligence, Wisdom
Agility, Celerity, Nimbleness,
Luck Fate or keep it as it is.
Need to be renamed though, preferably something fitting the Avatar universe

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Glad you think so.
I'm definitely not the first person to try something like this, but it's still fun to do.
I'm at a standstill with skill considerations though.

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Nature and Medicine feel like they clash... although one i intend to be more related to knowing 'landscape' and being more survival while medicine is actually utilizing the plants and or traditional bandages for healing.

Shameless Grabber

Very cool!

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I don't need your pity post, my friend Redisu86! emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash