Welcome to Gaia! ::

In the very last episode, Tarlok, who didn't have his bending anymore, exploded the boat he and Noatak were riding on using equalist electricity gloves. Considering the fact that Noatak used blood-bending instead of energy bending, should he have been able to return his brothers bending? Also, thinking about how they will make a second season with two of the main, "evil" characters dead, shouldn't one of them have to survive? Logically, to help build a story it should be Noatak but it would be a nice plot twist to have either both survive or only Tarrlok.

P.S. How was a suicide allowed to be aired on a children's television channel?

Informer

I have no idea about the suicide being aired on a children's channel part, but.

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again. Legend of Korra was originally a mini-series. When Nick ordered more episodes, the final animations for the last episodes were already in motion. I do honestly wish they would build onto the story more and somehow have it so one of the two survived and became a much larger (or minor?) threat. But I think their idea is to have a new antagonist for each new season.
Oh god, there are many things wrong with that ending to the finale, the foremost being how easily the 'problem' of Amon was resolved. I would be disappointed if neither of them returned in the next series.

Noatak having the ability to take away bending wasn't clearly explained. The sources we have simply state he invented his own method of taking away bending, though that it is not really Energy Bending. By using Energy Bending it IS possible to return one's bending as Korra did for Lin, but as for Noatak's alternative method I am unsure if it would work the same way.

Nonetheless, I expect to be surprised by the writers in the next book, as I was for the first.

Informer

Vosonas
Oh god, there are many things wrong with that ending to the finale, the foremost being how easily the 'problem' of Amon was resolved. I would be disappointed if neither of them returned in the next series.

Noatak having the ability to take away bending wasn't clearly explained. The sources we have simply state he invented his own method of taking away bending, though that it is not really Energy Bending. By using Energy Bending it IS possible to return one's bending as Korra did for Lin, but as for Noatak's alternative method I am unsure if it would work the same way.

Nonetheless, I expect to be surprised by the writers in the next book, as I was for the first.

There has been many theories and much speculation, but I think the best one out there is that Amon uses his bloodbending to block the Chakra point located in the forehead, where it is thought that the other bending chakras meet up, sort of like a backwards river delta. He most likely could return the ability to bend, but seeing as he doesn't even bend himself (minus the bloodbending), I doubt he would have ever done that.

And I know I already posted here, but I'm still butthurting over his death. I agree. I hate how Amon was so 'easily solved'.
Master Huntress Munashii
I have no idea about the suicide being aired on a children's channel part, but.

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again. Legend of Korra was originally a mini-series. When Nick ordered more episodes, the final animations for the last episodes were already in motion. I do honestly wish they would build onto the story more and somehow have it so one of the two survived and became a much larger (or minor?) threat. But I think their idea is to have a new antagonist for each new season.

Having a new antagonist every season makes sense, but that would give the whole series a shaky feel. In the original (the last airbender), even though each season a new face was given to the firelord, (ex: Season 1 - Zuco; Season 3 - Azula; Season 4 - Ozai) The firelord always remained the enemy who had to be defeated in the end. That gave enough stability in the show to thread the different seasons together and make three books to the last air bender series rather than three seperate stories.

I just finished watching gundam unicorn ep 4 and now im talking like banagher.
I thought he used one of those shock glove things to blow up the gas tank? But it's been a while since I've watched that episode.

Edit: Ah, miss read. I see what you're saying now.
I dunno, why does Dora show violence towards foxes?
It's real life, kids already know about most of that stuff.
Do you not hear the things kids say these days? I mean c'mon.
The way this series has been ordered is different than the previous.
I hope Amon and Tarlock stay dead, you may not be satisfied, but I am. They're done.

Season two may not connect with seasons threee and four, because it was well in production before they were ordered, but the latter two will probably have an overarching story. Either way I trust Nick.

Manly Lunatic

Death shouldn't be hidden from children... honestly.

Yeah, they are young, and should remain innocent for as long as possible. But understanding death at a young age, I have always seen as a good thing. Like when a pet dies... if they understand why, then they can get over it quicker... I suppose.

Witty Phantom

I was watching Adventure Time the other day and this cookie character realizes that he will never be a princess so he decided to jump off a cliff. Except he doesn't die when he hits the bottom. He shatters into pieces, is out together again, and is out in a weird metal hospital place where Finn gives him a crown so he could feel like a princess. But he's princess of the freakin crazy people.

So even Cartoon network showed an Attempted suicide.

Honesty, I didn't think anything about LoK's murder-suicide until I heard people wondering how it got aired haha
Dyengi
In the very last episode, Tarlok, who didn't have his bending anymore, exploded the boat he and Noatak were riding on using equalist electricity gloves. Considering the fact that Noatak used blood-bending instead of energy bending, should he have been able to return his brothers bending? Also, thinking about how they will make a second season with two of the main, "evil" characters dead, shouldn't one of them have to survive? Logically, to help build a story it should be Noatak but it would be a nice plot twist to have either both survive or only Tarrlok.

Presumably he killed Noatak, and himself in an attempt to rid the world of the lineage of Yakone. It's possible Noatak could have restored Tarrlok's bending, but that's not really relevant. As for the second season, from what I've gathered it will focus primarily on Korra's travels outside of Republic City, and conflicts within the Spirit World. The Equalist story is (sadly) done.

Beloved Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Inquisitor 200
Dyengi

Lok was aimed more toward teenagers.

Shirtless Wench

On the note of the death/violence present in the LoK series (because I'm of the opinion that the original idea that the first season was the only season forced the creators into a smaller timeline), I think Korra is namely meant for the now-grown audience of the original series.

However, it still is targeted to younger audiences to preserve the ratings and plausibility.

The deaths and violence are obvious to older viewers who understand the situations regarding revolutions and uprisings and the death tolls and actions normally taking during such events. But for the younger viewers, it's things that - other than one or two scenes - will gloss over quickly.

In my opinion, Korra is Avatar, grown up a little.
It's like how, in most kids' movies, there's always some subtextual joke or poke that only makes sense to adults. The violence is something that'll stand out more for a viewer of the original, than for someone just starting watching LoK at a young age.

6,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Dyengi

For your P.S, if kissing was allowed I'm sure suicide will be. X)

Hygienic Genius

RADI0 Mouse
On the note of the death/violence present in the LoK series (because I'm of the opinion that the original idea that the first season was the only season forced the creators into a smaller timeline), I think Korra is namely meant for the now-grown audience of the original series.

However, it still is targeted to younger audiences to preserve the ratings and plausibility.

The deaths and violence are obvious to older viewers who understand the situations regarding revolutions and uprisings and the death tolls and actions normally taking during such events. But for the younger viewers, it's things that - other than one or two scenes - will gloss over quickly.

In my opinion, Korra is Avatar, grown up a little.
It's like how, in most kids' movies, there's always some subtextual joke or poke that only makes sense to adults. The violence is something that'll stand out more for a viewer of the original, than for someone just starting watching LoK at a young age.

That's the one thing I love about Korra. It's obvious that the creators had the original viewers in mind when making this show. Korra is 5 years older than Aang was, and 5 years passed since Avatar: The Last Airbender first aired. They were pulling the true fans in from the start.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff