Welcome to Gaia! ::

What if there were new types of bending in the due to the Harmonic Convergence.

I know the harmonic convergence introduced a few people to airbending, but what if there were people that were introduced with other types of bending, or even a special type of bending.

Would be cool to see new types of elements being introduced too though. Like lightning bending being a main types of bending other than the 4/5 elements.

Shameless Bibliophile

I think it would be interesting if energybending became its own thing.

Devoted Cleric

10,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
One cool thing I'd like to see is combining elements to do different things. I guess lava bending is kind of like fire and earth together, but there could be others like air and water could make mist or more dangerous typoons. It would be cool to see people combining their talents to overcome stronger foes.

I think the main reason we havent seen much of energy bending aside from ATLA because it was used to remove bending. Imagine giving that power to some super strong badguy. That would be horrible. I think the reason it worked for Aang was because he did it for a good reason to save people including Ozai.
I think the air bending could pick up sound bending or something like that razz since it's the only element who doesn't have any ''special abilities'' like metal bending.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Light and Darkbending would be kind of cool I guess... I just don't think it'd fit into the theme of the show.

Brandon1312's Bestie

Adorable Blob

Yurali
I think the air bending could pick up sound bending or something like that razz since it's the only element who doesn't have any ''special abilities'' like metal bending.
Astral Projection is confirmed to be the air bending sub-skill. It's just like Jinora said to Kai when she spiritually searched for him while he was imprisoned,"It's a high level airbender move"...
Airbenders are highly linked to spiritual energy.

Profitable Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
New bending elements is a tricky thing, because the lion turtles were the first ones to give humans the power to bend, and there is only one lion turtle alive (maybe)... And it's an energybending lion turtle. Which means maybe we'll have some new energybenders (if that turtle is even still alive), but otherwise wouldn't a lion-turtle have to grant some poor guy the ability to energybend so that he could pass the gift on to further generations? I mean, I can buy the idea of airbenders who, in ages past, just never wanted to become air nomads (or left the air temples), and thus some traces of their gifts are spread across the world... But that's about all I can imagine.

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Shisei Tenshi
One cool thing I'd like to see is combining elements to do different things. I guess lava bending is kind of like fire and earth together, but there could be others like air and water could make mist or more dangerous typoons. It would be cool to see people combining their talents to overcome stronger foes.

I think the main reason we havent seen much of energy bending aside from ATLA because it was used to remove bending. Imagine giving that power to some super strong badguy. That would be horrible. I think the reason it worked for Aang was because he did it for a good reason to save people including Ozai.
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Energybending
It's about the ability to bend the life forces of other people. This was the power of the Lion Turtles, before the first avatar came around. Back when they protected people from the Spirit Wilds.

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Dio Exodus
New bending elements is a tricky thing, because the lion turtles were the first ones to give humans the power to bend, and there is only one lion turtle alive (maybe)... And it's an energybending lion turtle. Which means maybe we'll have some new energybenders (if that turtle is even still alive), but otherwise wouldn't a lion-turtle have to grant some poor guy the ability to energybend so that he could pass the gift on to further generations? I mean, I can buy the idea of airbenders who, in ages past, just never wanted to become air nomads (or left the air temples), and thus some traces of their gifts are spread across the world... But that's about all I can imagine.

Ehhhhhh, I don't think they can just 'teach' it to anybody. Energy bending seems more aimed towards the spirit world, making it pretty impossible for anybody besides the Avatar. Being the bridge between the worlds, they're probably the only ones who can actually grasp that power.

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Yurali

Sound has a completely different principle behind it.... ._.

I don't see why there even has to be special abilities behind the bending. Honestly, I found lightning bending to be a bit much when they first introduced it. Fire bending is already overpowered as ********, but whatever. Air bending is fine the way it is.

In all honesty, though, I find the Korra series to be rather lacking.... >.>;

They should have let it end after the first season.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
what more is there to bend? wood bending?
i know there's swamp bending and lava bending already... Even metal bending... I guess it would need to be another subset skill... Cause like there aren't that many elements to control going by the chinese and asian elemental tables...
It wouldnt surprise me.

I've never read any of their books.So going from Avatar Last Airbender to now. And seeing ALL types of bending,cities,vehicles..My mind was blown!

I was like "What??! They went kinda like a nomad to steampunk! How much time went by?!"

And really I forget a short time went by between Aang and Korra.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Shisei Tenshi
...I guess lava bending is kind of like fire and earth together...
Which could be what they're setting up for Bolin, since he keeps tanking at Metalbending.

He is of mixed descent, after all.

Retro Punk

Kari Twilight Mist
I think it would be interesting if energybending became its own thing.

Actually , didn't the Lion Turtle tell Aang that before there was Element bendng Humans were able to Energy bend?? im prett sure he said this in one of the final episodes.

@ OP : I think new bendings are totatlly possible . Cuz if you look at Lava guy his bending is a cross between Fire and Earth. What if an Earth bender where to learn to manipulate the minierals in bones?? Or a metal bender were to manipulate the iron in blood?

When Zaphir took out the Earth queen, i totally was not surprised.

And the Combustion Gal , her bending seems to be a cross between Fire and Air. Maybe she is able to make explosion by separateing or igniting the gases that make up air? Like hydrogen or Oxygen. Those in ther pure form are highly combustible.

I think the ultimate kind of bending will turn out to be Telekinisis. Just being able to move anything with your mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff