Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

Curled-Mustache
Listen I just posted this s**t for the achievement no need to bash mmkay
im laughing so hard

Adventuring Duck

I'm actually really interested in what they do with this angle. It kind of makes sense since the
Spirit Portal was opened in book 2. I guess the spirits saw there was an imbalance in the physical world and tried to fix it.
But of course, as seen in the last episode, there are consequences to this boon in airbenders.

Invisible Humorist

it's gonna be interesting how Tenzin handles this situation. I can already tell his gonna be a "stick-in-the-a**" air bending pride type of character

Familiar Traveler

14,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I always had a theory that airbenders were still around anyway. I mean, we saw plenty of non-waterbenders and non-earthbenders outside of their respective nations even prior to the fire nation attacking.

I was really hoping when I heard the news that airbending would be returning that they would be exploring that avenue. Just, like, stumbling on a group of airbenders in some far off region who basically say "What? You really think every airbender wanted to stay a nomad in those temples? We weren't all there, you know."
CreativeButLazy
I'm curious as to what this is going to do to airbending and the air nomad culture.
Before, all airbenders were air nomad monks with a very specific lifestyle (vegetarian, peaceful, spiritual etc.) and to our knowledge there weren't any "average joe" airbenders, people who could airbend but didn't conform to this lifestyle. In my mind, this kind of set airbending apart from the other elements. Also, they were a race that was composed of 100% benders.
Interesting point but I don't think the air nomads were a race 100% benders.

The temples were run by monks and nuns. By definition, wouldn't we assume this meant they were also celibate? if so, the airbending children still had to come from somewhere. I wonder if the parents of an airbending child chose to have their child raised by the monks and non-benders would choose to leave the temples.

Just because yours parents can or can't bend, doesn't guarantee or disqualify bending. In Bumi's case, his mother and father were both powerful benders but he didn't get bending. In Tenzin's case, Pema is not a bender but all her children are.

Dapper Capitalist

HiR0SHi
CreativeButLazy
I'm curious as to what this is going to do to airbending and the air nomad culture.
Before, all airbenders were air nomad monks with a very specific lifestyle (vegetarian, peaceful, spiritual etc.) and to our knowledge there weren't any "average joe" airbenders, people who could airbend but didn't conform to this lifestyle. In my mind, this kind of set airbending apart from the other elements. Also, they were a race that was composed of 100% benders.
Interesting point but I don't think the air nomads were a race 100% benders.

The temples were run by monks and nuns. By definition, wouldn't we assume this meant they were also celibate? if so, the airbending children still had to come from somewhere. I wonder if the parents of an airbending child chose to have their child raised by the monks and non-benders would choose to leave the temples.

Just because yours parents can or can't bend, doesn't guarantee or disqualify bending. In Bumi's case, his mother and father were both powerful benders but he didn't get bending. In Tenzin's case, Pema is not a bender but all her children are.

No Bryke stated that the air nomads were a race of 100% benders. Something about them being the most spiritual as people, and since bending ability is linked to spirituality (along with genetics) this resulted in them being 100% all benders. And the monks and nuns weren't necessarily celibate, since they aren't monks and nuns as we think of them. I'm not too sure on the details on how the airbenders lived, I'd have to see if I can find out if Bryke ever gave a detailed description about them, but I know it was confirmed they were 100% benders.

Manly Lunatic

From what I gather, these people are distance relatives, of Airbenders... only way they could have it.

Prophet

I think this is an interesting issue. People are thinking about the new airbenders and how they're obviously different from the Air Nomad culture. But let's not forget about the Air Acolytes. Even if there are only a handful of airbenders living Air Nomad culture, the culture is kept alive through non-benders (and benders?) living Air Nomad lifestyles in the temples.

Interesting things ahead.

Prophet

cherry god mother
I'm actually really interested in what they do with this angle. It kind of makes sense since the
Spirit Portal was opened in book 2. I guess the spirits saw there was an imbalance in the physical world and tried to fix it.
But of course, as seen in the last episode, there are consequences to this boon in airbenders.

Ah, yes, that does make sense. Isn't bending based on spirituality rather than genetics? There were identical twins in the Fortuneteller episode and only one was an Earthbender. It would make sense that it was an imbalance that is being fixed.

Adventuring Duck

Sathael
cherry god mother

Ah, yes, that does make sense. Isn't bending based on spirituality rather than genetics? There were identical twins in the Fortuneteller episode and only one was an Earthbender. It would make sense that it was an imbalance that is being fixed.
Methinks it's mainly spiritual. But up until now, it was very rare to find a fire bender in say, the water tribe or earth kingdom.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff