Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Fatcat

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Swap Meet 100
I'm still not quite sure how I feel about random people being given the ability to airbend. The idea that a dying race had only a handful of people left made airbending so much more fascinating but now it seems as though it's losing its excitement.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Then you ma'am are what we call a bandwagon rider.

Friendly Fatcat

3,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Swap Meet 100
Listen I just posted this s**t for the achievement no need to bash mmkay

Profitable Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
yeah. its kind of weird that random people magically get air bending powers
It makes sense for the storyline though. With the spirits now a part of the world, everything is starting to balance out, which means more air benders would need to be created to help bring balance back to the world. I feel like this season they are going to have to come to terms with the fact that air benders may be back, but the air nomads as a culture are still dying.

Original Conversationalist

7,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
I like it considering that it will help the Air Nation be rebuilt after such a long time. I'll understand if people don't like it though but I mean they were chosen for a reason.

Ruthless Bunny

I like that Bumi can air bend, but a larger amount more added to that? It would have been better for a select few to have this, and then rebuild from there...

Fashionable Kitten

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
chances are this will be explained a bit later in the season >.>

Desirable Lover

8,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
If anything it makes Air bending even more exciting seeing how it was almost extinct and now there are a select people who now can do it.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
I like it.
Think about it: what would happen if the kids refuse to have kids or wind up having more non-bending kids than airbenders.
Or worse, what if they all give birth to children who wind up being earth-, fire-, and water benders?
Then the air nomad culture (and airbending itself) will definitively go extinct.

The only thing that annoys me so much about this season is how Tenzin is recruiting new airbenders.
He's practically forcing them to leave their lives behind to move to the temple.
He doesn't even seems to care if they have a job or a family to support, which is kind of insensitive considering how he's a father himself.
I hope that he will change his strategy and find other ways to help the new airbenders cope with their abilities and learn about the culture.

I have mixed feelings about Bumi being an airbender.
On one hand, I'm happy that he's not the odd one out in his family anymore, but on the other hand...I thought that he was nicer as a non-bending general that still got a lot of accolades on his own.

Dedicated Astronomer

7,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Whisperingveil
It makes sense for the storyline though. With the spirits now a part of the world, everything is starting to balance out, which means more air benders would need to be created to help bring balance back to the world. I feel like this season they are going to have to come to terms with the fact that air benders may be back, but the air nomads as a culture are still dying.

I never thought of it that way! Thanks! 3nodding
FearOfOvens
Whisperingveil

I never thought of it that way! Thanks! 3nodding

No problem. My husband and I had a long discussion about this after that episode. biggrin

Dapper Capitalist

I'm curious as to what this is going to do to airbending and the air nomad culture.
Before, all airbenders were air nomad monks with a very specific lifestyle (vegetarian, peaceful, spiritual etc.) and to our knowledge there weren't any "average joe" airbenders, people who could airbend but didn't conform to this lifestyle. In my mind, this kind of set airbending apart from the other elements. Also, they were a race that was composed of 100% benders.

Now we have a bunch of random people who are gifted with airbending and it seems that the majority of them have no interest in partaking in the air nomad lifestyle. These new "average joe" airbenders also have the possibility of passing on their bending ability to their children, who will also have the choice in whether or not they want to partake in the air nomad lifestyle.

On one hand, it knocks air bending down and puts on the same level as the other 3 elements. On the other hand I find the idea of having a bunch of airbenders who are normal everyday people instead of monks interesting. Especially if this carries over into another potential sequel series with an earthbending avatar.

Cold Disser

18,175 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Cool Cat 500

What I don't understand is how this is happening without Lion-Turtles. When we
learned about how the Avatar became such, there were Lion-Turtles who granted
humans the power, and I suppose as time went on and people were allowed to
keep the gifts, they passed it on to generations.

As far as I know, Vatu and Brava were the only spirits who could do anything
with the elements. So what spirit is at work, I wonder…

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff