This episode felt like something mystical and majestic out of A:TLA. I loved it. Especially Korra's time with the tree

If you ask me this was one of the mellower episodes of the season so far. I believe it was long overdue. The writers have always done a lovely job of going in and out of calming and urgent moments in the plot, this was rather calming seasoned with some urgency. Onto le highlights

Kuvira the Sneaky Biatccch
With last week's episode heavily focusing on Kuvira's role in the plot and how her pertinence would impact the world around her, I'm happy she was very much not the center of the episode. Personally I'm just glad the writers aren't itching at the opportunity to keep establishing her as this ultra evil-esque extreme idealist tyrant. She's been given good development, great development, but we only have 13 episodes to work with she can wait a bit. Especially with the way ep 3 ended, it's good to see they're letter her role simmer and are teasing us with the whole "Kuvira is headed to Zaofu" stuff. Meaning some hardcore stuff is incoming.

Sibling rivalry of Aang-sty degrees
Love the sibling dynamic between Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo. It feels real, I read some review of the episode where it was claimed the writers didn't capture the charisma like with original team avatar....How moronic. The kids have had difficult times getting along (like all siblings) since the 1st season, why would there be any sort of charisma to the search squad that consists of a 9, 11, and 13/14 year old? And the 9 year old is a boy? I'm all for this tactful discord.
Gotta hand it to Ikki, going along with the whole capture thing while flat out indirectly probing information out of them. She might be the common sense of the sibling trio.
Yass to the fartbending making a return too. And yass to Meelo summarizing Toph in 3 perfect words LOL

"Please Korra, the world needs you back"
Introducing Avatar Korra 2.0...or at least she's preparing to take the stage.
This episode served to aid my suspicions about the overall message of the series. Watching Korra go through the same struggles OG Team Avatar went through in the swamp was awesome..watching another Sky bison get sucked into the swamp was awesome too lol. Toph's pertinence is so tasteful and blatant that it doesn't make sense and I love it. The way she guided Korra into realizing just how much she needed to let go and move on to her past, rather than doom herself to relive her enemies, was just so endearing and awesome. This idea of moving on leads me to believe that the show is trying to prepare it's audience for the unfortunate end. Move on from bending. Move on from being the avatar. Move on from oppression. Move on from your fears. I couldn't help but remember Blood+ (my favorite anime) and the famous line "Live for today, look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile" as Korra removed the remaining trace metal from her system and 'let go' in a much more positive sense than was teased at last season finale wink

Looking forward to the future:
I'm very excited for what's coming. We've got so much to explore now. Zaofu is going to be attacked rather soon. Kuvira is essentially coercing other political bodies into submission. Varrick is whipping up a new concoction. Korra is back, she's gotten past the scars her enemies have left on her, but does this mean nega-korra is gone? I don't believe so.
I'm really excited. I'm starting to get a great idea of what's gonna go down in the future.

Anyone else get this feeling as though these 1st four episodes were some sort of prologue? It felt like a chapter within the book had finally ended, and I loved it. Onto the meat of the season as far as I'm concerned > smile