Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Genius

14,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
In the episode when they had Avatar Korra bound by platinum chains. It seriously bothers me that Zaheer and his group went through all that effort to get platinum chains, and then ended up chaining the AVATAR to EARTH -w-

they couldnt just make a platinum cage or a platinum room?
i mean did they really not expect her to earthbend to get out (like she did) xD

seems like poor planning on Zaheer's end o:

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
fanservice, yo. fanservice. Cuz chains are sexier than cages. dramallama

or maybe Zaheer is just a pervert. emotion_awesome

Blessed Genius

14,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
Madam Chai

even then xD at least chain her to platinum walls or something -w-

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
MasutaKokoBot
Madam Chai

Maybe Zaheer wants her to get down and dirty. emotion_awesome Har har I'm so punny tonight. dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama

Blessed Genius

14,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
Madam Chai
MasutaKokoBot
Madam Chai

Maybe Zaheer wants her to get down and dirty. emotion_awesome Har har I'm so punny tonight. dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama

' u ' ;;

xD

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
D'aww, miss me? *licks* dramallama

Korra in chains is like a pg Giggity giggity goo. mrgreen

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Better idea. Platinum cocoon. Poison her while she's still unconscious. When she goes Avi state, you just roll the cocoon on over into the lava. Good day.

Adventuring Duck

There was a lot of poor planning on Zaheer's part. I don't think they could have made a platinum room- despite all their traction I doubt they have those kind of funds. xD Though if they made a cage, the Avatar Spirit probably would have just found a way out of that as well.
I think the biggest problem was Zaheer sincerely thought he could contain/beat the Avatar spirit. Yes, he thought the mercury would help, but it obviously didn't. I think he wasn't aware of his limitations. Also, he already pissed Korra off about the whole "seeing-her-father-die" scenario. It was like he decided to throw all the common sense he had through the season out the window~

Blessed Genius

14,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
cherry god mother
There was a lot of poor planning on Zaheer's part. I don't think they could have made a platinum room- despite all their traction I doubt they have those kind of funds. xD Though if they made a cage, the Avatar Spirit probably would have just found a way out of that as well.
I think the biggest problem was Zaheer sincerely thought he could contain/beat the Avatar spirit. Yes, he thought the mercury would help, but it obviously didn't. I think he wasn't aware of his limitations. Also, he already pissed Korra off about the whole "seeing-her-father-die" scenario. It was like he decided to throw all the common sense he had through the season out the window~

well, he might have realized he was going against the avatar, but he was trying to get her while she was still young, but he was stopped before and imprisoned. when he was free, he he still had a chance to finish what he started, as korra is still young. now that he became an airbender, it could have increased his chances of success and such
so i can see why he would think he could defeat her (and he almost did, if it werent for the other airbenders)
c:

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
The more power a character has, the less intellegent (or sane) they tend to become. I'm not entirely sure why... Likely because the show would end prematurely if not.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
You'd think of all people those particular assholes would know how to imprison each type of bender.

Adventuring Duck

MasutaKokoBot
well, he might have realized he was going against the avatar, but he was trying to get her while she was still young, but he was stopped before and imprisoned. when he was free, he he still had a chance to finish what he started, as korra is still young. now that he became an airbender, it could have increased his chances of success and such
so i can see why he would think he could defeat her (and he almost did, if it werent for the other airbenders)
c:
I think his first kidnapping attempt was more for brainwashing and less for killing. I don't think they were above killing her in the least, but I figured they wanted the avatar following their ideals and to be a weapon for them. Also, if they did kill her Raava would just go on to the next vessel.
And don't get me wrong, I love Korra, but I think it was more about the avatar spirit and not her. Now I'm not sure if the Red Lotus knew about how Raava was weakened and the previous avatars were eliminated, and if they did know it would make a lot more sense. But it's still a centuries old spirit vs. a ragtag (though highly powered) group of misfits.
Plus, the airbenders helping Korra brings up another point: did anyone at some point remember that Korra's allies even had allies? If it wasn't for the Krew breaking the airbenders out, the Red Lotus might have succeeded. They probably needed more people guarding the the air nomads~

Questionable Bear

i personally think there really isn't much they could have done otherwise. a cage wouldn't have worked because bending is powered by movement. if she has any room to move, she could possibly bend her way out of the cage and escape. while she couldn't bend the platinum, she could easily bend, say, a giant bolder to break the cage.

in addition, distance also can stop bending. so she had to be suspended (and awake in order to activate the avatar state). in her avatar state she wouldn't need to move in order to manipulate the elements as well, which is why they needed to keep her away from the earth and water pools in the cave.

Blessed Genius

14,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
yeomso
i personally think there really isn't much they could have done otherwise. a cage wouldn't have worked because bending is powered by movement. if she has any room to move, she could possibly bend her way out of the cage and escape. while she couldn't bend the platinum, she could easily bend, say, a giant bolder to break the cage.

in addition, distance also can stop bending. so she had to be suspended (and awake in order to activate the avatar state). in her avatar state she wouldn't need to move in order to manipulate the elements as well, which is why they needed to keep her away from the earth and water pools in the cave.

they could've suspended a cage in midair (like kuvira did) and chained korra to the cage

Questionable Bear

MasutaKokoBot
yeomso

they could've suspended a cage in midair (like kuvira did) and chained korra to the cage

but that would have taken more platinum than just chains would. and if they used any other materials (in Kuvira's case, she used rope) Kora could have just used fire bending to escape.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff