Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Lunatic

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Elemental Paradisity
I've heard multiple rumors that Sokka and Suki didn't marry or anything of the like, and did anyone see Suki in that little flashback in episode four? I don't think I did.
I wouldn't be surprised at all, but I think Korra would have made that statement, and I don't think Lin's last name should be Baiphong, it should be whatever Sokka's last name was, if they follow traditional marriage customs.
Do you really think toph would take any mans last name?
highly doubt it

Shy Sweetheart

11,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
that would be really cute ^^
i thought about that in like 2 episodes of the original:
Toph blushed when she said she didn't miss Sokka when he was gone learning the 'art of the sword'
and when Sokka protected her from the falling rubble from the exploding airship

Aged Shopper

Melancholy Wish
Makorra
I still think Sokka stayed with Suki, but who knows what could have happened.
Yeah, I'm just saying it could have happened. 3nodding It is in official book that Toph did have feelings for Sokka...so maybe she kicked Suki's a** and got her man.

This is so true! Remember the ep when she almost drown and Sokka yell out that he was going to save her but Suki was the one that got to her first. Toph kiss Suki's cheek thinking it was Sokka. *Laughs as she remember what Toph told Suki.* Oh man that's one of my fave parts.

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Wall Street 200
Damn. For a sexist spazz, Sokka sure does get a lot of chicks crushing on him.
1. Yue. They even got to first base, didn't they? Or do I remember wrong?
2. Suki. His gf, por supuesto.
3. Toph. Who totally crushes on him.
4. I'd even say those girls from the Haiku institution in that one episode. They loved him. For a bit.
5. Ty Lee mentions that he's cute once or twice wink

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
At first I thought the overlays of Sokka and Lin where a bit streched, since the avatar characters in general do have similar goofy face reaction animations to them. I thought they would stick to the Sokka and Suki since the rest of the cast seemed to stick with the end game pairings. But that was until I saw another thread with an older Sokka and Lin in episode four screenshot and really got the chance to stare at them both side by side.

User Image

....Pretty much I went like this since I have no words to describe it as prefectly:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd flip Sokka and overlay him over Lin to see the similarities, but certian points you can REALLY see with those two screen shots. Mainly the jaw, cheeks, chin. It's... it's... fascinating.

Apocalyptic Lunatic

32,475 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
SaikoTaiko
Vampiress98
I hope this season touches the old characters life after the show. I know Katara had three kids (one air bender, Teizen, one water bender, and on nonbender), but they don't talk about Sokka's children or what happened to him. Or Zuko's or anyone else's expect Toph and Katara.

Thought they said that Zuko had a daughter and she is the current Fire Lord.
There's this interesting on the Nickelodeon website that you should maybe check out. It releases background info for like upcoming episodes, and character info and stuff.

Can you please give me the link. I can't seem to find it on nick.com.
Please give me the direct link to the information.
Thanks!

Swashbuckling Dabbler

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Elemental Paradisity
I've heard multiple rumors that Sokka and Suki didn't marry or anything of the like, and did anyone see Suki in that little flashback in episode four? I don't think I did.
I wouldn't be surprised at all, but I think Korra would have made that statement, and I don't think Lin's last name should be Baiphong, it should be whatever Sokka's last name was, if they follow traditional marriage customs.

I can't remember what country it is, but one of the main Asian countries, the woman doesn't change her name.

I think.

And I think that's China, which the earth nation, especially the capital, is based on Chinese culture and architecture.

So Toph may not have taken Sokka's name because it's tradition in HER culture to keep the family, WOMAN'S, name.

Not every culture is teh American/Western culture in terms of certain traditions. And since this world is heavily based on Asian/Inuit cultures, it's kind of weird to think in terms of Western culture.

Swashbuckling Dabbler

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
killerkiller4356
Possible. But it would be creepy if they really got together lol

How is it creepy?

He was 15 and she was 12. There's only a 3 year difference there.

They both grow up. Maybe Sokka and Suki had a falling out. It happens sometimes with young couples. Very few, like Katara and Aang, stay together for so long.

And it's not unheard of for a woman, or a man, to carry a torch for one person for years, even if they had moved on with their lives.

So, what's to say what ever falling out that might have happened hadn't sent Sokka off and he ran into Toph and then something popped up between them?

It's not unrealistic. These things happen.

Swashbuckling Dabbler

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Omikuji
At first I thought the overlays of Sokka and Lin where a bit streched, since the avatar characters in general do have similar goofy face reaction animations to them. I thought they would stick to the Sokka and Suki since the rest of the cast seemed to stick with the end game pairings. But that was until I saw another thread with an older Sokka and Lin in episode four screenshot and really got the chance to stare at them both side by side.

User Image

....Pretty much I went like this since I have no words to describe it as prefectly:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd flip Sokka and overlay him over Lin to see the similarities, but certian points you can REALLY see with those two screen shots. Mainly the jaw, cheeks, chin. It's... it's... fascinating.

Ooooooh that is very fascinating~!!

And darn. I was so convinced she had blue eyes. :C *sigh*

Oh well. The face shape says enough. So, until this is completely proved or sunk in show, Sokka/Toph happened, at least for me.

Liberal Codger

Elemental Paradisity
Melancholy Wish
Elemental Paradisity

She wasn't there, but only Toph, Sokka, and Aang.

Also, maybe they wanted to add suspense? Sexist much?

Wow, people just love tearing apart my words and making me sound bad all around today.

That's what I was saying, they didn't show anyone but toph, sokka, and aang, there fore, it could be assumed that Sokka and Suki didn't marry if she wasn't there. And no, not sexist, traditional. Provided they follow traditional marriage customs, Lin's name wouldn't be Baiphong, however, there would have been no other way to identify with her if it wasn't Baiphong, so there's really no telling what happened between Sokka and Toph if anything at all.

Maybe it was kind of a one night stand? I personally never saw Toph as the kind that would ever get married. She's a strong, empowered woman. At the very least, I think if she were to marry, she'd keep her last name, or even make her husband take hers. So, Lin'd still be a Beifong.

Personally, I think it's a bit unlikely that Lin is related to Sokka. I say this because you'd think if that were the case, she and Tenzin would be a little more warm with one another. They'd be cousins after all.

Unbeatable Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
The mouth is the only thing similar that I see.
And you morphed the picture of Lin and added Sokka's arms.
I doubt Sokka X Toph happened.
Sokka's with Suki.
It's probably Toph X Someone we haven't seen in the show(s).

Intellectual Lunatic

I see the resemblance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas