Welcome to Gaia! ::

They are cute, but it happened toooooooo fast...no room for imagination.

At least before Aang x Katara became canon...we could have fun pairing them with others.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Melancholy Wish

At least before Aang x Korra became canon...we could have fun pairing them with others.

Not really.
I mean, yeah, it took Aang and Katara a long time to actually get together. But it was obvious they were endgame from early early season 1. ********.

They kissed in the Cave of the Lovers, and that was season 1.

Dapper Capitalist

I saw Aang and Katara coming from the first episode :/
At least this time they waited till the second episode before introducing Mako.
[Ren The Ryoko]
Melancholy Wish

At least before Aang x Korra became canon...we could have fun pairing them with others.

Not really.
I mean, yeah, it took Aang and Katara a long time to actually get together. But it was obvious they were endgame from early early season 1. ********.

The building up to it made it beautiful. Before I was like noooo and rooted for the impossible zuko x katara, but after everything...I got teary eyed when the avatar got his girl in the last episode official. It was perfect.
CreativeButLazy
It looked one sided in the first episode...and even so...They both worked for it.

Korra even stated she gets everything she wants/needs already in life.

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

[Ren The Ryoko]

Actually, that episode was in Book 2.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Melancholy Wish
[Ren The Ryoko]
Melancholy Wish

Not really.

The building up to it made it beautiful. Before I was like noooo and rooted for the impossible zuko x katara, but after everything...I got teary eyed when the avatar got his girl in the last episode official. It was perfect.

Yeah. And it made sense for the pacing of Avatar. They were at war, they were very young, and I agree. I LOVED Kataang, and their whole build up (while tedious at times) was really satisfying in the end.

But ultimately, Bryke does not trying to create drama with ships. They just kind of...have their ships, and do drama with other stuff. Like...Zuko and Mai getting together wasn't dramatic. Zuko leaving Mai to help the gaang and Mai turning on Azula to protect him because of their love was dramatic. The relationships themselves are not the drama, but rather motivations for character actions.

So I'm not bothered that Makorra is happening at a faster pace. They told us that Korra would be tighter and faster than Avatar, and it would make sense that older teenagers would be a little quicker to act on their feelings than 12 and 14 year olds.

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
RandomKate
[Ren The Ryoko]

Actually, that episode was in Book 2.

Ah yes, you're right. It's before they meet Toph though.
But Kataang had plenty of LITTLE moments all through season 1. Lots of little blushes and flirting and what not.

Dapper Capitalist

Melancholy Wish
CreativeButLazy
It looked one sided in the first episode...and even so...They both worked for it.

Korra even stated she gets everything she wants/needs already in life.

*shrug* didn't look one sided to me. And what makes you think that Korra and Mako won't have to work for their relationship? Just because they seem to be attracted to each other already doesn't mean it's going to be easy for them to get together.

She doesn't get everything she wants and needs. She only said she had people taking care of her as in making sure she has her basic necessities, that's hardly everything. The girl spent most of her life isolated and locked up. I'm betting the only interaction she got was with her teachers, guards, and parents. She was extremely sheltered and I bet she never got a chance to make any real friends until now.
I feel like the Korra x Mako romance is the replacement for the much wanted Katara x Zuko romance in the last series. But I'm so happy Katara and Aang got together! They're ma favorite!

Bashful Sex Symbol

FriendlyOctopus Nara
I feel like the Korra x Mako romance is the replacement for the much wanted Katara x Zuko romance in the last series. But I'm so happy Katara and Aang got together! They're ma favorite!

That is exactly what I thought. They were like if we couldn't give us fire and water last season then we will give it to them now! I agree that this pairing is very obvious but I doubt things will go as simply as they seem...at the rate the series conflict is escalating I don't think they will have time to really get to lovey dovey any time soon anyway.

Witty Phantom

Yea but Avatar was 3 books long and wont Korra only be one book long because she only has to master that one? I thought they said this series would be shorter. And if thats true then thats probably why its at a faster pace. Id actually prefer no romance but meh xD

Katara was originally supposed to be with Zuko anywase but I guess the creators just decided that Aang needed to get the girl haha

Greedy Capitalist

You never know. They might rush it and find out they're not right for each other, seems like the thing Korra would do..

Unbeatable Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
Melancholy Wish

Aang and Korra? You mean Aang and Katara?
And no it wasn't too early.
I heard that Korra is only going 12 episodes.
Meaning they had to set it up early.
And depending on how the fans take the series they may make a second season..

Plus, what's the point in imagination if you already know what it's going to be?
You don't need to "Imagine" them in different pairs.
You can do that still.
It's not different at all.
In ATLA you knew it was Aang and Katara. Yet you made your imagination pairs.
In Korra you know it is Korra and Mako. Yet you can still make your imagination pairs.
PyramidHead SHW
Melancholy Wish

Aang and Korra? You mean Aang and Katara?
And no it wasn't too early.
I heard that Korra is only going 12 episodes.
Meaning they had to set it up early.
And depending on how the fans take the series they may make a second season..
Oops

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces