Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yay or Nay?

Discuss
Well i wouldn't say Bad, but misunderstood. Zuko was burned by his father and sent on his own. How is he supposed to feel but anger? Mako has a new job of taking care of bolin, and working himself up to being a Big Brother.

Hilarious Friend

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
no
zuko was treated like a villain for his bad actions and had consequences for them
mako is treated like he's done nothing wrong
I don't agree at all. What personal adversity has Mako had to overcome, exactly?
What? Since when is Mako a bad person? Last time I checked he wasn't an equalist. confused

Girl

They are both hella sexy. This argument is over

Let the flame war begin.

Greedy Capitalist

No....no, what the hell are you even saying?

There's a difference between burning down villages and cheating on a girl. . .

Dangerous Lunatic

Meline Moon
What? Since when is Mako a bad person? Last time I checked he wasn't an equalist. confused

You've clearly missed the several hundred 'OMG MAKO IS SUCH A JERK HE'S SO EVIL URGH HE CHEATED ON ASAMI, WHAT A TURD' threads that have been floating around for (at least) the last week.

Dangerous Lunatic

Elementalkin
I don't agree at all. What personal adversity has Mako had to overcome, exactly?

Perhaps... being orphaned at an early age and having to assume the role of 'parent' for his brother? Having no assets - having to live above the bending arena because you can't afford rent anywhere else - not that it matters because the landlord takes all of the money they win anyway?

That'd certainly mess me up a bit.

Genius

Zuko Sozin
no
zuko was treated like a villain for his bad actions and had consequences for them
mako is treated like he's done nothing wrong

This. ^

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Mark Twain 100
no zuko was always missunderstood
i liked him
ah its you again stare

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Zuko was an emotionally abused boy trying very hard to win the love of his father through obsessing over capturing the avatar for him. At first, he is played as a villain for most of the show and shown to be driven to capture the avatar not really for honor (despite what he said) but really, for love and acceptance. He is shown later to begin to realize his actions were misguided, and tries hard for redemption but repeatedly shown falling back into his old habits and thoughts. He realizes his faults, he grows and redeems himself in the eyes of the group. Zuko does bad things, gets punished for them all the time throughout the show even to the point it never seems like he'd be able to break the string of karma following him.

He hurts people, he hurts himself, and eventually he works hard to get the reward he wanted all along. Love and acceptance. And the option was always right there in front of his face.

Mako is never once shown to take responsibility for his actions and sneaks past any. Doing things for selfish emotional actions. Mako is shown as a good guy who is being a dumb teenager, and like most dumb teenagers do not learn a thing other then wanting dat pretty a**. Cruel to both females and even to his brother at times, he gets Korra by purely going "I want you not Asami. Kiss plz kthx" without admitting to hurting both Bolin and Asami. Even if the break up was small and adult, he did not own up to his actions very well.

He insults people, goes behind their backs, hurts his own brother he's apparently supposed to be protecting and the most he says is similar to "Girls are crazy" as his apology. He does not own up or go through any sort of problem come the end. Gets Korra in the end because of dumb writing and is never -truly- punished for his actions.

So no. No they are not.
Omikuji
Zuko was an emotionally abused boy trying very hard to win the love of his father through obsessing over capturing the avatar for him. At first, he is played as a villain for most of the show and shown to be driven to capture the avatar not really for honor (despite what he said) but really, for love and acceptance. He is shown later to begin to realize his actions were misguided, and tries hard for redemption but repeatedly shown falling back into his old habits and thoughts. He realizes his faults, he grows and redeems himself in the eyes of the group. Zuko does bad things, gets punished for them all the time throughout the show even to the point it never seems like he'd be able to break the string of karma following him.

He hurts people, he hurts himself, and eventually he works hard to get the reward he wanted all along. Love and acceptance. And the option was always right there in front of his face.

Mako is never once shown to take responsibility for his actions and sneaks past any. Doing things for selfish emotional actions. Mako is shown as a good guy who is being a dumb teenager, and like most dumb teenagers do not learn a thing other then wanting dat pretty a**. Cruel to both females and even to his brother at times, he gets Korra by purely going "I want you not Asami. Kiss plz kthx" without admitting to hurting both Bolin and Asami. Even if the break up was small and adult, he did not own up to his actions very well.

He insults people, goes behind their backs, hurts his own brother he's apparently supposed to be protecting and the most he says is similar to "Girls are crazy" as his apology. He does not own up or go through any sort of problem come the end. Gets Korra in the end because of dumb writing and is never -truly- punished for his actions.

So no. No they are not.

Why don't we make this book 1 and 2 Zuko vs Book 1 Mako.

LMAO

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces