truepac's Bae

Bear

they ended it with Korra & Asami.. going on vacation

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Your guess is as good as mine. xD I would've enjoyed it a lot more if the whole krew went... but Bolin and Mako just kind of got left out and that made me sad. Oh well. xD

Healing Junker

most likely a call back to the original series finally

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I am all happy and everything that those two are now basically the best of friends and all but it did seem a little odd that they would be going on vacation without anyone else, hell, it seems a little strange that ending in general.

truepac's Bae

Bear

Ashen Vegas
Your guess is as good as mine. xD I would've enjoyed it a lot more if the whole krew went... but Bolin and Mako just kind of got left out and that made me sad. Oh well. xD
yeah, I thought that they were going to end with team avatar or something else.. but.. "Hey let's both go on vacation to the spirit world"! xd

truepac's Bae

Bear

Nafretiti
I am all happy and everything that those two are now basically the best of friends and all but it did seem a little odd that they would be going on vacation without anyone else, hell, it seems a little strange that ending in general.
yeah... it seemed... idk honestly xd
it wasn't how i was expecting the ending to end

Greedy Capitalist

Because they've done nothing but fight enemies and struggle and go through stressful s**t for the passed 4 years.

Beloved Genius

Oh stop

It wasn't just vacation it was the start of a beautiful lesbian relationship. I know, I sound like a total... Whatever the word is for typical male with no brains, but come on. The two made lovey dovey eyes as they went into a beam of light together never to be seen from again.

And you have to admit Korra does give off the hint of lesbianism. She's brutish, upfront, bold, doesn't immediately get along with guys but guys are her closest friends, and she always wears men's pants. ALWAYS!!!

Plus with both of their terrible luck in men they had to have thought at one point "Wouldn't it be easier if I could just be with a girl?" And since they're a couple of the few humans in the spirit world, out there alone, you know something is going to happen. And since this was the series finale there's no reason for the writers to elaborate on what just happened. They can leave it to the imagination, and if any religious or political groups get angry they can just say "We did not make them a lesbian relationship. We just had them go on vacation". And have complete deniability. It's perfect.

The ending still sucked a**, but I remember that we shouldn't have even gone past season 2. Nick got greedy and ordered two more seasons just to fill their pockets.

Anxious Senshi

SOGeonova
Oh stop

It wasn't just vacation it was the start of a beautiful lesbian relationship. I know, I sound like a total... Whatever the word is for typical male with no brains, but come on. The two made lovey dovey eyes as they went into a beam of light together never to be seen from again.

And you have to admit Korra does give off the hint of lesbianism. She's brutish, upfront, bold, doesn't immediately get along with guys but guys are her closest friends, and she always wears men's pants. ALWAYS!!!

Plus with both of their terrible luck in men they had to have thought at one point "Wouldn't it be easier if I could just be with a girl?" And since they're a couple of the few humans in the spirit world, out there alone, you know something is going to happen. And since this was the series finale there's no reason for the writers to elaborate on what just happened. They can leave it to the imagination, and if any religious or political groups get angry they can just say "We did not make them a lesbian relationship. We just had them go on vacation". And have complete deniability. It's perfect.

The ending still sucked a**, but I remember that we shouldn't have even gone past season 2. Nick got greedy and ordered two more seasons just to fill their pockets.

While I get your intentions, because Korra has certain way about her that isn't always "feminine" and suits stereotypical gender roles, I don't think it's fair to assume having those traits is what was hinting at the idea she might have non-platonic feelings for Asami.
I'd also like to point out if she does have feeling for Asami chances are she's more bi than a lesbian. She genuinely did have feeling of attraction and love for Mako. Things didn't work out and what was one of the most well done things was the fact that they moves on and could acknowledge they just didn't work as a couple. While Korra is far from perfect Book 3 and 4 is what redeemed it for me, I only finished book 2 because of the positive feedback I'd been hearing on book 3. They took some time to show the maturing and learning of the main cast in their adolescence.

Newbie Noob

Oh stop

I thought that was kinda.. awkward because people be shipping Korra and Asami and all of the sudden they go on "vacation" together.. WHY?? LOL so confused. why not the whole gang? x.x

Anxious Snowflake

27,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cool Cat 500
They needed a place to be alone and kiss.

Retro Punk

Oh stop

Because , it's a good open ending ? I mean the fans can think anything up from that. It really doesn't matter which way Asami or Korra swing. That alone does not make the whole of their characters .

And you gotta remember , since the seasons were so short we never got tos see none of the stories that happened in between episodes.

im still more curious about all the unaswered questions about bending, the spirit world and evolution within the avatar universe.

First , why was it that the new spirit portal looked like a DNA strand? Second why was the whole world full of hybrid animals? With the exception of the Bear that belonged to the earth emperor. AND a couple of spirits in animal form. For example the panda spirit in ATLAB and that puppy spirit in LOK.

NOW , for the bending : remember in ATLAB ,Aang spoke to the Lion Turtle right before his big fight? And the turtle told him that people used to be able to bend light itself?(or something like that?) What happend to those people? And why was it that in Avatar Wan's time people lived on Lion Turtles? How did they come to live there? And why was it that Lion turtles gave bending to people? WHy where they humanity's guardians?

And spirit world , Baatu said he opened the portals. Why ? THat means that the spirit world existed prior to Humans. Why would the spirits cross over in the first place?

NOW, for my cracked what if ideas:
What if they came out with a LOK movie? And in the finale when Korrasami go into the new Spirit portal they don't know it works different the regular portals? So when they come back from vacation instead of two weeks gone , it has been eighty years ?

Invisible Loiterer

I took the vacation thing as meaning that Korra's adventures do go on.

The Legend of Korra series didn't travel nearly as much as the original A:TLA (probably due to time constraints). The fact that Korra and Asami travel for this vacation seems reminiscent of the gaang's travels/seeing the world. I like it. c:

truepac's Bae

Bear

Takeshi x Dono
Oh stop

I thought that was kinda.. awkward because people be shipping Korra and Asami and all of the sudden they go on "vacation" together.. WHY?? LOL so confused. why not the whole gang? x.x
my friend thinks its a slap int the face to nickelodeon because of them taking the show off of tv. lol

truepac's Bae

Bear

Guin - Aoiichi
Oh stop

Because , it's a good open ending ? I mean the fans can think anything up from that. It really doesn't matter which way Asami or Korra swing. That alone does not make the whole of their characters .

And you gotta remember , since the seasons were so short we never got tos see none of the stories that happened in between episodes.

im still more curious about all the unaswered questions about bending, the spirit world and evolution within the avatar universe.

First , why was it that the new spirit portal looked like a DNA strand? Second why was the whole world full of hybrid animals? With the exception of the Bear that belonged to the earth emperor. AND a couple of spirits in animal form. For example the panda spirit in ATLAB and that puppy spirit in LOK.

NOW , for the bending : remember in ATLAB ,Aang spoke to the Lion Turtle right before his big fight? And the turtle told him that people used to be able to bend light itself?(or something like that?) What happend to those people? And why was it that in Avatar Wan's time people lived on Lion Turtles? How did they come to live there? And why was it that Lion turtles gave bending to people? WHy where they humanity's guardians?

And spirit world , Baatu said he opened the portals. Why ? THat means that the spirit world existed prior to Humans. Why would the spirits cross over in the first place?

NOW, for my cracked what if ideas:
What if they came out with a LOK movie? And in the finale when Korrasami go into the new Spirit portal they don't know it works different the regular portals? So when they come back from vacation instead of two weeks gone , it has been eighty years ?

omg that would be really sad... 80 years emotion_0A0
all their friends would be dead and they would have missed so much. D :

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas