Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello LoK Lovers and Fans~ I would like to discuss the similarities in history in LoK.

Amon, weird enough is Hitler.

and the war on North and South Water tribes are based on Asian wars'.

Such as the war between North and South Vietnam. The reason I believe this is because, During the Vietnam war, the southerners were the ones who were trying to establish freedom and democracy where the North was a dictatorship. The North strongly followed the Leader ho chi minh; Which could possibly represent the President of Republic city. The North which representing strictness and the south trying to free themselves.

But just sharing my ideas >< Have a nice day~ Tell me what you think.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
"Amon, weird enough is Hitler."

I'm sorry I stopped reading there. What? No. Amon is nothing like Hitler at all. The one who was maybe closer to Hitler was the Fire Lord, and even then that is a massive stretch beyond anything. Even knowing just a bit of basic history classes would tell you that Amon is closer to a terrorist group leader. They don't even have the same style of leadership speeches or tactics, not even slight background similarities.
Omikuji
"Amon, weird enough is Hitler."

I'm sorry I stopped reading there. What? No. Amon is nothing like Hitler at all. The one who was maybe closer to Hitler was the Fire Lord, and even then that is a massive stretch beyond anything. Even knowing just a bit of basic history classes would tell you that Amon is closer to a terrorist group leader. They don't even have the same style of leadership speeches or tactics, not even slight background similarities.

Again, its just an idea >< dont hate me :c

Bashful Millionaire

I don't think Amon was necessarily close to a "Terrorist Group Leader" either; he wanted everyone to be equal, not cause terror. Just after a long life of dealing with his dads crap, he truly thought what he was doing was right. He never wanted anyone else to go through what he and his brother had to go through, and ridding all benders of their "impurity" was, in his mind, the way to achieve that.

Invisible Humorist

The only relevance I see Amon to Hitler trying to get rid of a group of people

Hitler: Jews
Amon: benders

Other than that, nah
Accidental Enigma
I don't think Amon was necessarily close to a "Terrorist Group Leader" either; he wanted everyone to be equal, not cause terror. Just after a long life of dealing with his dads crap, he truly thought what he was doing was right. He never wanted anyone else to go through what he and his brother had to go through, and ridding all benders of their "impurity" was, in his mind, the way to achieve that.

His plans to achieve equality were terrorism.

Brb, bombing a stadium.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Accidental Enigma

Unawarebrah
His plans to achieve equality were terrorism.

Brb, bombing a stadium.

Right. Terror is not the actual goal of terrorism, it is the means to an end. I mean, I'm no expert on the matter, but it seems to me that terrorists view themselves as "warriors," and the places they attack are battlefields. Civilian casualties are simply collateral damage, and insignificant compared to the importance of The Cause.

Seeing as how Republic City is basically an equivalent of Hong Kong or New York City in the early 20th century (specifically around the Roarin' 20s), I don't think there are any actual historical figures of the time that would fit Amon. Particularly with the mask bit.

But I'm not very familiar with Chinese history. Maybe I should familiarize myself with it.

I suppose the Communist Revolution doesn't count, as it came a bit later, and had a different outcome. Also I don't think the Chinese would appreciate that implication.
Maaan, people argue that every villain ever is comparable to Hitler.

Greedy Capitalist

Every villain is Hitler.

Hitler is every villain.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out