7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
LOLOLOL heart

truepac's Bae

Bear

Alien Abductee

She originally had a good purpose but took it out of means.

Greedy Capitalist

I liked Kuvira until she threatened to kill Varrick. That was when she just became a regular, power-hungry villain.

Beloved Genius

Toph described it best. Like all of Korra's other main antagonists (of which Amon was the best) they all wanted good things. It was how they were going about it that was wrong. Taking people's bending away, becoming a dark avatar (seriously? How does that even SOUND like a good idea. The moment he tells ANYONE that they should've betrayed him immediately.), or poisoning the avatar in the hopes of destroying all world governments, were all terrible ideas. So was imposing a tyrannical dictatorship and killing all the jedi. (I know it's Legend of Korra and there aren't any Jedi but come on... Can you not see Toph being 2 feet tall, green, and making sassy remarks in backwards talk?)

Still the simple fact is history is the story told by the winners. Korra won so Kuvira is a monster. If Kuvira had won, and enslaved the world she'd be known as "The Great Uniter" and would be praised by her people... Because anyone who didn't would be either dead or in a work camp.

Feral Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
iKarnezar
I liked Kuvira until she threatened to kill Varrick. That was when she just became a regular, power-hungry villain.

Phantom

SOGeonova
Toph described it best. Like all of Korra's other main antagonists (of which Amon was the best) they all wanted good things. It was how they were going about it that was wrong. Taking people's bending away, becoming a dark avatar (seriously? How does that even SOUND like a good idea. The moment he tells ANYONE that they should've betrayed him immediately.), or poisoning the avatar in the hopes of destroying all world governments, were all terrible ideas. So was imposing a tyrannical dictatorship and killing all the jedi. (I know it's Legend of Korra and there aren't any Jedi but come on... Can you not see Toph being 2 feet tall, green, and making sassy remarks in backwards talk?)

Still the simple fact is history is the story told by the winners. Korra won so Kuvira is a monster. If Kuvira had won, and enslaved the world she'd be known as "The Great Uniter" and would be praised by her people... Because anyone who didn't would be either dead or in a work camp.
I was totally making Star Wars comparisons the whole time too.

Angelic Friend

I liked Kuvira a lot, especially towards the end, and when I heard there was going to be a hinting of a relationship between Korra and another female character, I kinda thought it'd be Kuvira. Doesn't really make much sense now that I think about it, but I was really hoping for it. However, I'm still happy with the way it ended. c:
Korrasami forever! ♥

Enthusiastic Lunatic

:/ Eh, she tried with gusto to kill a lot of people.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
lolol

Out of the whole series, that one guy in "Beyond The Wilds" who decided to poke the moving tentacle with a stick....that guy won me over.

Like lol....dumbass tourist.

I still love how Korrasami became a thing though. That made me happy so much <3

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
iKarnezar

"Maybe Kuvira is just misunderstood. I mean, she's trying to help her people..." *Kuvira force-chokes Varrick when he refuses to make her a weapon of mass destruction* "Mmmmno. There goes my sympathy. This b***h is crazy. She must be stopped." emotion_donotwant

Premium Gaian

After Kuvira had that realization, I did feel just a little bad for her. She had great intentions and took them way to far. She never wanted to really hurt anyone, just the few people that got in her way. Over half those people went to concentration camps. She is still a bit crazy, but I still feel for her, Yuh know?

Wheezing Bloodsucker

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
AND the villian theme for seriously ALL of LoK is: Well-Intentioned Extremist!

Invisible Hunter

xxxxxxx Everyone goes to the moon. I want to land amongst the stars~
{}
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.. :: . User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff