15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
HumanLovely
Sweet Murderer
HumanLovely
M e i
I don't really see how "lesbian love" can be called cliche when straight love is by far more commonly portrayed on television. Shouldn't heterosexual love be "cliche" by that logic?

It's a cliché way to have a plot twist. Having same-sex relationships isn't cliché on its own, but having it at the end of a season/episode as a way to shock viewers is very very cliché.

It wasn't a shock though, there were plenty of hints going on in the last book.
The only surprising momentum was that they actually went all the way through with it - I didn't expect it from an American show.

I don't know, I only noticed one hint, when Korra blushed when Asami complimented her hair. Maybe I just missed the rest of them? I thought the relationship had basically no buildup. They acted like best friends until they held hands. It kind of threw me off guard (and not because it was same-sex. I just couldn't see any romantic tension between them at all.)

I believe, just like Bryke, that it is because of the fact that most of us have a heteroperspective on shows, especially children's, and therefor miss those subtle hints. Rewatching the episodes, there are unmistakably so many hints, which I thought were only fanservice when I watched it for the first time. I do understand your reasoning though.

fidly3's Waifu

Sugary Sex Symbol

Sweet Murderer

I believe, just like Bryke, that it is because of the fact that most of us have a heteroperspective on shows, especially children's, and therefor miss those subtle hints. Rewatching the episodes, there are unmistakably so many hints, which I thought were only fanservice when I watched it for the first time. I do understand your reasoning though.

Hmm. Yeah maybe I should rewatch it and look for them a bit harder. Idk I wish they were a bit more obvious with it, like the other relationships in the show.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Kuro_rabbit
Klaark
Kuro_rabbit
I'm anti-korrasami but not for those reasons that you have. Lebian?Gay?Bi? Don't care as long as you are happy but I felt like the hints were not enough. I was really shocked. Korrasami came out of no where. I've seen friends more intimate then that. Even the side characters had a much more obvious chemistry. Like LOK team u could have made it more obvious than that, you know how to make love look like love. I thought Korra wrote the letter only to Asami bc she's her only girl friend. GAH They're just friends.

Anymore hints and the show would've been cancelled or not aired at all. Kinda unfair, don't you think?

they don't have to kiss or anything... They could have added dramatic romantic stare downs like they did with varrick and zhuli without the comedy

And been thrown off the air for it. This was a "kids show" on Nickelodeon, remember. I'm surprised they got away with this much.

Glittering Star

10,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Klaark
Kuro_rabbit
Klaark
Kuro_rabbit
I'm anti-korrasami but not for those reasons that you have. Lebian?Gay?Bi? Don't care as long as you are happy but I felt like the hints were not enough. I was really shocked. Korrasami came out of no where. I've seen friends more intimate then that. Even the side characters had a much more obvious chemistry. Like LOK team u could have made it more obvious than that, you know how to make love look like love. I thought Korra wrote the letter only to Asami bc she's her only girl friend. GAH They're just friends.

Anymore hints and the show would've been cancelled or not aired at all. Kinda unfair, don't you think?

they don't have to kiss or anything... They could have added dramatic romantic stare downs like they did with varrick and zhuli without the comedy

And been thrown off the air for it. This was a "kids show" on Nickelodeon, remember. I'm surprised they got away with this much.

I remember that this is a kids show on Nickelodeon but there still wasn't enough hints to change my view. If they did do the romantic stare downs and got canceled for it I probably would have been abroad the korrasami ship. But it didn't happen. Until they address these issues and other plot holes (in a future season? or something) my view won't change. :/
I really think they could have suggested more without getting cancelled. You don't. Lets just embrace our opposite opinions and wait for the fruit (love) to ripen.
Or maybe it'll never ripen D:

Devoted Friend

7,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Sweet Murderer

I understand your reasoning, and from it I can tell that you most likely have a heteroperspective on the show.
But the sole thing that she didn't write to Mako or Bolin in the beginning regarding her troubles, reveals so much about their relationship in my opinion, that I at that moment, had very much hope for them as a couple.
Never did I think that they would be fulfilled though, I only thought they did it to tease and please the fans.

I also really like the idea of Mako and Korra together, but it was just so much more pleasing to have the girls end up with each other. Mako and Korra didn't work, nor did they really work afterwards in the series and I think they showed them maturing in a very good way.Them ending up together would just've been "because", and I wouldn't have minded that either. I was a huge fan of them in book 1 and 2. But there wasn't that much interaction between them two either in the end, most of the time they spent away from each other. So I guess I would have bought that ending, but I love the real one.

Maybe you're right. Like I said, I did see hints. I had a feeling they might do the whole Korrasami thing, I just believe they could've done more towards their cause. It felt like there was lacking on Asami's part. I'm glad you can understand where I'm coming from though. I relate to what you said about thinking they would only tease it, and I think that's where at least several of the fans were at. I'm less pleased with it I guess, but at the end of the day I understand Bryke did what they wanted with their show, and I can respect that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. ^.^ I've enjoyed this.

Elfin Firestarter

13,675 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Vhaella
I'm anti-korrasami for the reason Asami is so underdeveloped. Asami had like 9 lines in Book 4.

The one fact that bothers me about Book 4 is that they had to cut Korra's hair before announcing her as bisexual. I feel like Bryke assumes all bisexuals have short hair.

Honestly I think Korra's short hair was maybe her best look overall.

But her hair did look nice in the letter scene too. smile

Maybe I just like seeing her with it down. :P
Klaark
Mo0o0o0o
Im not a hater but..

My favorite hater quote. Such a classic.

I am not really a hater I swear to B R A I N. It just makes me REALLY uncomfortable.. Them having the same ex boyfriend and them being in love with each other? It ruined the series, didn't you think?It's so not needed to be there. The creators should've just let the yuri fans make their own korrasami fanfics or whatever you call it. Please don't get me wrong. I was just stating my opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff