Girl-Crazy Lunatic

12,875 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Kerosene Helix
magic_lily
I don't really watch Korra but I ship this so hard heart
I hope I don't sound like too much of an elitist when I ask Why do you ship it if you don't watch the show?

Because, as a lesbian, it's nice to see people like me represented on TV, especially since LGBT representation in children's media is extremely rare. That and I have a lot of friends who watch the show, and they've told me a lot about Korrasami. I watched the finale, and from what I can tell they're really cute and the show's been building up to it for a while, so yay!

Wheezing Bloodsucker

2,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
magic_lily
Kerosene Helix
magic_lily
I hope I don't sound like too much of an elitist when I ask Why do you ship it if you don't watch the show?

Because, as a lesbian, it's nice to see people like me represented on TV, especially since LGBT representation in children's media is extremely rare. That and I have a lot of friends who watch the show, and they've told me a lot about Korrasami. I watched the finale, and from what I can tell they're really cute and the show's been building up to it for a while, so yay!

Watch the show watch the show one of us one of us! razz exclaim

I do agree on the point, however, that more representation is good.

Having a character that one can both relate to AND admire is very psychologically beneficial, I think, be it a brash, strong female lead who struggles and then triumphs and SAVES HERSELF and then walks off into the sunset with another female, or a black Captain America that makes the black kid at the local store excited to buy his action figure because "he looks just like me, mommy!" These new alternative protagonists basically say, "hey, it's rad to be queer, POC, whathaveyou... you can be these things AND be the hero, no problem!"

You are human. You exist. You matter. You have self-efficacy. You can triumph. You can be the focus. You are more than some object to be won. You are your own master. You can make a positive change on the world. Even if you're NOT a cishet white male!

More of these things need to happen, please and thank you. We need more alternative stories with alternative endings that break away from the old, one-dimensional tropes and inspire people from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences!

Did you know that the Hays Code was once a thing? I want everyone to know that it was a thing. Media is a reflection of society; BOTH need to change.

Dapper Gawker

so glad korrasami is canon, we need more bisexual representation in the media.

Winter Bunny

22,525 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Generous 100
Chibi Halo
          That's just a video about the Twitter post sharing the Vanity Fair article that doesn't confirm anything.

I have to say I agree with you on this one. In the video it shoes images of tumblr and a facebook reblog of the artical. It does not confirm the implication of the relationship. The reality of it is you more then likely wont get any confirmation due to the nature of childrens show company's and same sex relationships being a tabo.

Wall I would love to see a "Yes we put that in to say that Korra has an interest in romantic relations with Asami and vice versa." the truth of the matter is that it is highly unlikely we will get that response. Speculations can happen all we want but unless something is announced after its best to just let both sides of fans agree to disagree. Some people were made uncomfortable by the idea of a same sex relationship on a show popular with youth wall others supported the idea.
I don't care eather way, i got what i wanted with Verick and Jullie getting married at the end. the southern water tribe boy always falls for the moon girls.

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
magic_lily
Kerosene Helix
magic_lily

Wait... So you don't know about... anything else? About the spirit portals? The Airbenders coming back? Korra's struggle with PTSD? Just skipped to the end without having to deal with all that pesky plot and character development? emo *goes off to the corner to be butthurt*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff